Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 am 

Hi guys,

I'm running the Audirvana+ Remote app on my I-pad which is controlling Audirvana/Tidal Hi Fi on my MacBook Pro.

This app is frustrating the heck out of me. Half the time it won't connect to my MacBook Pro. And the other half the time it won't open an album's song list up. It just sits there thinking. I have to close the app and restart it, then I have to search for the album again and re click on it to open it. It's very laggy, for instance when I select a song and it's playing, many times it won't even refresh on the "playing now" screen to show me the current song playing. My wifi signal is strong and I've got full bars on the I-Pad.

Anyone else experience issues with this app? I'll be sending an email to Audirvana looking for help but in the meantime, wondering what everyone else thinks of this app.

I'm already invested in Audirvana, but is there another way to run this program from my I-Pad and control it on my MacBook Pro?

Turntable: Rega RP1 w/ Rega Fono Mini A2D
CD Player: NAD 517
Speakers: Coming soon...Audio Note Kit 03

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm 

I have used an app called Vnc viewer which allows you to see your Mac screen . You also have to have remote access enabled on the Mac, once this is set , run audirvana on Mac , connect to the Mac IP address using vnc viewer on the iPad ... and you then control audirvana on the iPad. You also might check the forums on computeraudiphile.com about problems with the iPad app for audirvana
because I think the guy that wrote audirvana has a couple of threads there.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:25 am 

I use vnc viewer sometimes but it's not that convenient with the iPad.

OP, I have similar problem also. For the connection you need to make sure Bonjour is working. If you Mac is connected directly to the router it should work wired or wifi however if you have bridges and others in between it might not work.

Even with that, I also experienced the similar slowness when you reload the album or artist list. It's been like that forever. I searched the web and surprisingly not seeing a lot of people having the issue and I was wondering why.... but let's contact Damian the author of this and see what he says.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:04 am 

I have had problems with connecting to my Mac Mini once in a while (usually resolved by resetting the router so may not be a Audirvana issue) but have never experienced the "slowness" problem. However, I usually closed the remote app once I am done (double click the home button and "remove" the app) so may be this will help?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 am 

bugsrus wrote:
I have used an app called Vnc viewer which allows you to see your Mac screen . You also have to have remote access enabled on the Mac, once this is set , run audirvana on Mac , connect to the Mac IP address using vnc viewer on the iPad ... and you then control audirvana on the iPad. You also might check the forums on computeraudiphile.com about problems with the iPad app for audirvana
because I think the guy that wrote audirvana has a couple of threads there.
Cheers

Good idea, I checked out the Audirvana forum on their website but not ComputerAudiophile.com.

I may have to check out VNC viewer as it seems their are certain options not available on the Audirvana Remote App that the computer based app has. Such as adding and removing specific songs to different playlists. Unless I'm missing something there which is also completely possible.

-- 07 Oct 2017 10:45 --

chuttt wrote:
I use vnc viewer sometimes but it's not that convenient with the iPad.

OP, I have similar problem also. For the connection you need to make sure Bonjour is working. If you Mac is connected directly to the router it should work wired or wifi however if you have bridges and others in between it might not work.

Even with that, I also experienced the similar slowness when you reload the album or artist list. It's been like that forever. I searched the web and surprisingly not seeing a lot of people having the issue and I was wondering why.... but let's contact Damian the author of this and see what he says.

Thanks, I had read on their FAQ page about the Bonjour thing. I will check that once I get home again from working out of town. I'll see if Audirvana has a contact email.

-- 07 Oct 2017 10:46 --

QuadESL63 wrote:
I have had problems with connecting to my Mac Mini once in a while (usually resolved by resetting the router so may not be a Audirvana issue) but have never experienced the "slowness" problem. However, I usually closed the remote app once I am done (double click the home button and "remove" the app) so may be this will help?

Yeah I'm bad with not closing the app out when done. I'll try it out, might help me. Thanks.

Turntable: Rega RP1 w/ Rega Fono Mini A2D
CD Player: NAD 517
Speakers: Coming soon...Audio Note Kit 03