Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:46 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Ready for audition in a mere 160 hours of additional break in!

We also have the Totem Sky bookshelves. Come listen and pick your flavour.

Attachments:
_DSC6488.JPG
_DSC6488.JPG [ 249.05 KiB | Viewed 1807 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 pm 

Put them on the bus and I'll have a listen. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

You said you're coming by soon!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm 

SimcoeSound wrote:
You said you're coming by soon!

Yes but we both know how patient I am. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:10 pm 

Have Scott sent to me Ken. I can get to your place in way under 6 days lol!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:36 am 

KJT1 wrote:
Put them on the bus and I'll have a listen. :mrgreen:

I believe the quote author is indeed known -don't you think?

-- 09 Sep 2017 14:37 --

SimcoeSound wrote:

What is the loudspeakers (Sky Tower) price ?

-- 09 Sep 2017 14:40 --

SimcoeSound wrote:

That's next week -160 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

The Totem Sky Tower is $2500 CAD.

They had nearly 40 hours on them at the time of posting, and will have 200 hours of burn in by Thursday, September 14th.

This is the minimum amount of time we put on any component before evaluating its performance. Some electronics take upwards of 500 hours.

Totem recommends between 40-200 hours of break in on most of their speakers. We stick to the upper end on all speakers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Update:

1. They take nearly 300 hours to burn in fully.

2. Our minds are blown!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm 

SimcoeSound wrote:
Update:

2. Our minds are blown!

3) Are the driver's too ? lol

pj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm 

I can't see the Sky for the Forest.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 am 

SimcoeSound wrote:
Update:

2. Our minds are blown!

Try the Reference 3A line, the 'Dulcet' specifically ($2k/pair -as Tote Shy); if minds blown with sky, it may melt when auditioning Dulcet.

(BTW, REF 3A is also a Canadian company -Kitchener, Ont. no less !)

-- 22 Sep 2017 10:35 --

Che Cavolo wrote:
I can't see the Sky for the Forest.....

Do you mean you can't see the sky through the forest ? lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:38 am 

Nothing like bringing a cat to the dog show. The thread is about the Totem Sky towers. Of course there are going to be “better” speakers out there, but I don’t think that’s the point of this thread!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 am 

sthomas1049 wrote:
Nothing like bringing a cat to the dog show. The thread is about the Totem Sky towers. Of course there are going to be “better” speakers out there, but I don’t think that’s the point of this thread!

Hi Sthomas1049: But it should be; to me, it's about truths -and letting folks/readers know their investment (near $2K for the T-Shy's) is a considerable one-and other options exist, in this case, many more to consider.

pj
BTW, you may wish to dispense with your 'humping' profile pic/character -it may reveal more than you know !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:02 am 

allhifi wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:

Hi Sthomas1049: But it should be; to me, it's about truths -and letting folks/readers know their investment (near $2K for the T-Shy's) is a considerable one-and other options exist, in this case, many more to consider.

pj
BTW, you may wish to dispense with your 'humping' profile pic/character -it may reveal more than you know !

What truths? Given the Sky tower is fresh off the press, how do you know it is better or worse than the Dulcet or any other speaker similarly priced? You don’t! Purely subjective comment (and biased!) which TBH does not belong here. The Dulcet may tickle you in all the right places but that does not mean it is the right speaker for anyone else.

Of course there are options – I don’t think members of CAM are that naïve to not realise that. This is a thread created by a dealer promoting a speaker that many are interested in. Have a little respect.

Quote:
Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:42 am 

sthomas1049 wrote:
allhifi wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:

pj

What truths? Given the Sky tower is fresh off the press, how do you know it is better or worse than the Dulcet or any other speaker similarly priced? You don’t! Purely subjective comment (and biased!) which TBH does not belong here. The Dulcet may tickle you in all the right places but that does not mean it is the right speaker for anyone else.

Of course there are options – I don’t think members of CAM are that naïve to not realise that. This is a thread created by a dealer promoting a speaker that many are interested in. Have a little respect.

You're right.

BUT, dispense with your humping ego.

pj

-- 22 Sep 2017 11:48 --

sthomas1049 wrote:
allhifi wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:

pj

Quote:
Forum rules

BTW: I forgot it was the Sky Towers -not Sky stand-mount, that I was referencing.
And, you're right -I've not heard those.

pj