Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 am 

A recent OPPO Digital BD-103D Ad appears to have been posted via a hacked account. The account used was originally created in 2006 and had 10+ Positive Feedback.

This account has been removed but the concern is that the original owner may not realize the account was hacked.

Please be diligent with OPPO Digital BD-103D ads. Report any suspicious activity. We will try to respond in a timely manner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am 

Like this one?

[Edit by Mod: Link to ad removed since it is legit. Please use the Report a Problem link in the ad itself. Do not post links to ads here in case they are legit]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am 

That ad appears to be OK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 am 

angust63 wrote:
A recent OPPO Digital BD-103D Ad appears to have been posted via a hacked account. The account used was originally created in 2006 and had 10+ Positive Feedback.

This account has been removed but the concern is that the original owner may not realize the account was hacked.

Please be diligent with OPPO Digital BD-103D ads. Report any suspicious activity. We will try to respond in a timely manner.

Was wondering about that ad...saw the price change 3 times in the span of 10 minutes. Hopefully no one got scammed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 am 

I know the seller. Totally legit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:26 pm 

pjirovec wrote:
I know the seller. Totally legit.

I send the seller money through emt, he said he will ship it to me with tracking number, but no reply now.
Do you have any contact or more imformation about the seller?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 am 

Well, the link that was removed in the post above pointed to a legit add for an Oppo 103 (not 103D). I spoke to the seller, he sold it in 3 hours and is shipping it today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 am 

pjirovec wrote:
Well, the link that was removed in the post above pointed to a legit add for an Oppo 103 (not 103D). I spoke to the seller, he sold it in 3 hours and is shipping it today.

You have been a CAM member for 8 years, yet you chose this thread yesterday for your first forum posts?
Why is the seller not posting, or at least responding to the buyer? Why do you have to speak for him?

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 am 

If the seller still do not reply to me, where should I reported the case?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am 
Premium User

pwong888 wrote:

How long has it been since you've paid with no response ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 am 
Premium User

pwong888 wrote:

Have you reported the ad from the Report This Ad link within the Ad yet?

Did the location you sent the EMT funds match the location the seller claimed to be in (seller claims to be in QC but you sent the payment to NB)?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 pm 

OBI56 wrote:
pwong888 wrote:

Have you reported the ad from the Report This Ad link within the Ad yet?

Did the location you sent the EMT funds match the location the seller claimed to be in (seller claims to be in QC but you sent the payment to NB)?

When send the money through emt, it wont't show the location.

Can I contact my bank to chase which bank account the money transfer to?

If the scammer can hack the member's account to selling things, it is very dangerous, buyer's buys things always depend on the history and feed back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 pm 

pjirovec wrote:

Maybe I am confused, but is the seller that this guy is vouching for the same seller that pwonng888 is having problems with.

If it is wouldn't that make pjirovec account and person highly suspect...sorry if I misunderstanding the matter

If I vouch for somebody its somebody I can trust 110%, otherwise its my reputation on the line and my word is my bond.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 pm 
Premium User

darcman wrote:
pjirovec wrote:

Maybe I am confused, but is the seller that this guy is vouching for the same seller that pwonng888 is having problems with.

If it is wouldn't that make pjirovec account and person highly suspect...sorry if I misunderstanding the matter

If I vouch for somebody its somebody I can trust 110%, otherwise its my reputation on the line and my word is my bond.

Yes, you are confused. Pjirovec linked to a legit ad and seller, not to the fraudulent ad placed by a scammer who hijacked a legit account, which led to confusion, hence that link was removed by a Mod.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:51 am 

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm one of the veterans of this site (over ten years). I've done a bunch of successful transactions, more than is shown in my feedback.

The last couple of years things have really changed here (from my perspective). I almost fell for one of the fraudulent Oppo ads (but was wise enough to do some snooping before sending money to a member with no history).

I notice two things.

1. I have replied to numerous ads from "new" members, who have active ads but zero history or posts. Either they died shortly after listing their ad, or something else is going on, because they never answer.

2. The prices of certain pieces of better used gear from the 90s and on continues to increase, sometimes to prices near or even exceeding their original retail.

Used gear all around is becoming increasingly difficult to find, even mid range stuff. For example, try to find a Marantz CD63 or similar at the almost give away prices of 5 years ago. It could be that many of these pieces have finally broken down to the point that they are being relegated to the local landfill.