Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm 

....ehm, I mean "alternative facts" :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... ref=canada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:43 pm 

..I know...and this from "the people's administration"...they may yet prove to be the biggest and best liars...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 pm 

I'd like to hear an official position on this discussion from a moderator, other than the one who told me three people were going to be banned if anybody started another discussion about 'American Politics', and inferred this message came from higher up. Because seriously, I'd like to weigh in, this being 'just a place to gab'. Maybe what we need here is a sub-category fight club, no holds barred.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:05 pm 

Che Cavolo wrote:
I'd like to hear an official position on this discussion from a moderator, other than the one who told me three people were going to be banned if anybody started another discussion about 'American Politics', and inferred this message came from higher up. Because seriously, I'd like to weigh in, this being 'just a place to gab'. Maybe what we need here is a sub-category fight club, no holds barred.

I'd already forgotten the edict... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:21 pm 

"sub-category fight club"
First rule of sub-category fight club is: you do not talk about sub-category fight club...
8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:34 pm 
Premium User

Che Cavolo wrote:

Re-read that warning Che; it had NOTHING to do with American politics or Trump and EVERYTHING to do with the personal attacks, backstabbing, provocation, etc... going on between members in that thread.

Here is the public warning word for word from that thread.

OK, this thread has gone as far as it will go. You guys were asked to play nice, you were told to play nice, you were reminded to play nice, but a few of you just don't seem to understand what playing nice and staying even remotely on topic is. This may be the lounge, but that doesn't mean that anything goes, so in order to prevent a few of you being permanently banned from the site, something had to be done.

Hence, the thread is being locked and any attempt at resurrecting the topic again with the intention of stirring up the same old personal animosities, in any way, shape or form, WILL be shut down and sanctions may be issued.

As for this specific post, it is in clear violation of CAM Rule A.11 on staff decisions.

A11. Staff decisions. If you take issue with a decision made by Staff please take it up with them in private via PM. It is acceptable to question a moderator's actions or statements politely, via private message. Challenging Staff decisions in the public forums is not tolerated. Insults and abuse of moderators in private messages are not tolerated either.

Just play nice and respect each other.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

re:a forum area of that nature:

It's a terrible idea, it would tear the forum apart for no reason.

Importantly, fundamentally...90% of the communication that happens in person, is missing in written forum conversations.

Everything is misconstrued and exists as a mirror. That which is read.... is a mirror of the person reading it and has only 10% to do with the person who wrote it. Seriously, this is psych 101 as applied to the internet. We fill in the missing 90% via our own projections placed up on it.

Thus a no holds barred forum area would just be the participants posturing and beating their chests while looking at an emotional mirror .....and ZERO would get done, except each participant alienating themselves from everyone else.

Last edited by Teo Audio on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:38 pm 

Who said anything about a fight? Trump blamed the media for the rift between he and the Intelligence dept. He said this in his speech to said dept officials, despite clear evidence to the contrary, as though they were a bunch of clueless idiots (well, maybe they are).

Just remember the old saying: When the US sneezes, Canada catches cold.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:39 pm 

Groovy.
Second rule of sub-category fight club: you DO NOT talk about sub-category fight club!
8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 pm 

:lol: ...I miss the west coast...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:19 pm 

Salad anyone? :lol:

Attachments:
kfeB0jh.jpg
kfeB0jh.jpg [ 52.79 KiB | Viewed 1104 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:32 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

ripblade wrote:
....ehm, I mean "alternative facts" :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... ref=canada

So I did my research.

It's a falsehood, a forced lie dressed as a fact.

The photo that shows the small crowd for the inauguration, is from long before the inauguration, it's from before the crowds formed.

Trump is correct, they are lying and saying that he is lying..... and people are foolish enough to believe a press that is against him.

Factually, 95% of the US media is run by 6 companies, each run by one of 6 people, all of whom belong (as active participants regarding their rise to power and connections) to the same insular and tribal religion.

I'm neither for nor against Trump.

But I am against purposeful distortions coming out of what is really a wholly owned and controlled media system.

The laws that were enacted in the rise of William Randolph Hearst and Rockefeller's standard oil, those laws.. their dismemberment began on Clinton's watch in the mid-late 90's.

Bush Junior finished the job. What they allowed was the concentration of power in the media and the rise of oligarchy, outside of the notice of the public of the USA.

As the mechanism of information and dissemination of information, ie education of the public, that mechanism was purposely disarmed and dismembered in a organized and detailed plan and order.

6 mega media corporations later, and 85% of all US reporters and journalists are laid off or fired, and corporate owners literally dictate the news via their desires. Down to the point that a while back Stephen Harper and John Howard, the prime minster of Australia...read the SAME speech to their respective parliaments, in order to incite war fever. that's how deep this influence goes. the USA even now has a federal supreme court decision that allows these corporations to give the public fake and false news, literally to create facts or lie to the public and suffer no consequence for it. Just as long as the parent company on the letterhead is an 'entertainment' company. Lies are legally allowed and truth is not even remotely required. I'm very serious about this. Look it up.

Very few understand as the mechanism of education of the public -- has been destroyed. There is no free press. 25 years ago these corporations would have forcibly been dismembered by federal court order the in the USA due to the imminent danger they pose to the freedom of the people of the USA.

since Clinton and then Bush dismembered those laws that prevent corporate fascism from running the country are defeated, not a peep is heard from the government or the press, in any venue the general public is aware of.

Note that both republican and democrats alike condemned and attacked trump. Note that tearing down of laws preventing corporate consolidation of the fifth estate was done by both the democrats and the republicans in the USA. Which means they are two faces of the same group. Which they amply showed.... when both attacked trump.

The alternative press has all this sort of data and tries to share it.... and is labelled a 'fake'. Fake news!

I'm neither for nor against Trump, I'm just observing the facts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:09 pm 

I do like what Donald is saying he wants to do.
The liberal media is corrupt & the continual stream of drool coming from them is so very sad, I feel embarrassed for them & their childish twisting of everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:13 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
I'm neither for nor against Trump, I'm just observing the facts.
Facts that support your position. Nothing wrong with that. The conglomeration of the media is in step with corporate merges in other industries. There are still competing factions and people can choose the view they wish to read.

But this is not really about a head count, though eye witness testimony suggests the number at Trunp's inauguration was fewer than Obama's. Who cares? He lied when he said the media was responsible for the rift between him and the CIA....this is a provable fact no matter how it is spun otherwise...we were all there...or at least I was.

Dictatorships always censor the media. Keep an eye out for it...it has already begun.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 38951.html

Last edited by ripblade on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:14 pm 

...apparently he wants to have "missile parades"...really?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next