Canuck Audio MartCanuck Audio Mart
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 am 

I am looking for recommendations for 8 foot run of speaker cable that will work best between my Simaudio 700i Integrated to a pair of Dynaudio C1 Signatures. I have been recommended Cardas by the dealer that sold me the above equipment. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:52 am 

No rec's yet. That's nice gear! 8)

What's your source and listening likes?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 am 

Wow, great system--bet those 2 play well together.

I would recommend trying some sort of OCC cable(Zen, Harmonic Tech, Neotech etc.) if possible.

If you bought the gear from a dealer and he has several runs of cable in the store, I would push him to give you a few pairs to try out to see what suits best. If you can get a few pairs for at least a day you should be able to pick a winner fairly easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 am 

My dealer just carries Straightwire and Cardas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 am 

Well that's no fun at all!!!

I don't think you can go wrong with the Acoustic Zen Satoris but there are tons of good speaker cables out there.

If you wanted to try the OCC thing, you could always get some raw cable(or have it terminated) from Take Five Audio or Parts Connexion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 am 

SimAudio recommends Cardas IIRC. That is a very good place to start.

As Weirdness suggests, your dealer should be able to let you try the cables he sells, so you can choose. If you like one of those, there's no real reason to think you'll prefer some other product you have not heard yet. Cables are best viewed as tweaks. You are doing things the right way, getting gear you love as first priority and adding the finishing touch with cabling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am 

Not so sure, one way or the other, if Sim would recomend Cardas or not, but this is a well known symbiotic combination. I have heard Dynaudio with Cardas but different amplification than Sim, it was Mark Levinson I believe. and that worked well. A combination I heard recently that sounded amazing was a pair of C1's driven by an Audia Flight integrated using signal cables from the new Shunyata line. Absolutely sublime.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am 

Problem with the Shunyata cables is they cost as much as the speakers, lol...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 am 

Shpritz wrote:
Problem with the Shunyata cables is they cost as much as the speakers, lol...

Their new line of cables. which are an improvement/refinement compared to the previous lines, from the feedback I have gotten, and from what I have heard personally, cost much less than the older series. The model I heard with the Audia Flight intergrated and the C1's at Alternative Audio was the entry level model, sorry the actual name escapes me, they now have the same tags as some of their AC cables, cost less than $1500 for a 2.5 metre pair. The matching one meter interconnects are under a grand. Considering that a new pair of C1's are in what the $7-8,000 range and the Audia integrated is a tad over $4k, I don't think these Shunyata cables are out of line, price wise, on a system of this price and calibre. I have heard a lot of different systems at this store, in peoples homes and mine, at shows, and other stores, and this was simply, except for absolute bottom end extension, one of the very best systems I have ever heard, and Alternative is playing it in one of their smaller rooms. Has anyone else been to the store lately and heard this combination? I know if I was in the market for a new two channel system right now I could live very happily with this one for a very long time, maybe permanantly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 pm 

Shpritz wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for 8 foot run of speaker cable that will work best between my Simaudio 700i Integrated to a pair of Dynaudio C1 Signatures. I have been recommended Cardas by the dealer that sold me the above equipment. Thanks in advance.

Which Cardas? Everything except for Clear and Beyond Clear is opaque....so what would be the point of your most excellent gear using that (the non clear labelled stuff i mean)?

use HiDiamond. All kinds of awards in Europe. Just introduced to Canada. and yes....i have heard some of their product

try contacting Worldwide Sales...i think he is the same guy that does Zu Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:50 pm 

I have the Moon i3.3 (might be a different model # now?) intergrated with VonSchweikert VR4-JR's speakers. I am using Nordost Red Dawn bi-wire for speaker wire and am extremely happy. (my 2 cents?)

Genesis; "Carpet Crawlers" from Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. 1974

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 pm 

Simaudio does recommend using Cardas golden cross through out, ic's, speaker wire and power cord. I use Cardas golden reference ic's and golden cross speaker wire with my Simaudio system.Ditto on the nice system!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 pm 

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. I have read that Simaudio to Dynaudio is best suited for Copper wire as opposed to Silver. Have any of you any experience with these cables?
http://www.audiosensibility.com/product ... age290.htm

I can get an 8 foot pair for a pretty good price from one of the vendors here. It is 99.999 pure copper???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm 

Steven Huang of Audio Sensibility makes nice cables at very reasonable prices. I have a set of his phono cables.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 am 

yournamehere wrote:
No rec's yet. That's nice gear! 8)

What's your source and listening likes?

Source is 650D and looking for a good Internet Tuner. I listen to a lot of Jazz, vocal, coffee house.

-- 06 Jan 2012 10:59 --

good sound wrote:
Not so sure, one way or the other, if Sim would recomend Cardas or not, but this is a well known symbiotic combination. I have heard Dynaudio with Cardas but different amplification than Sim, it was Mark Levinson I believe. and that worked well. A combination I heard recently that sounded amazing was a pair of C1's driven by an Audia Flight integrated using signal cables from the new Shunyata line. Absolutely sublime.

Saw these on Audiogon:

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/10786

opinion?

-- 06 Jan 2012 11:00 --

IE wrote:
Shpritz wrote:

Which Cardas? Everything except for Clear and Beyond Clear is opaque....so what would be the point of your most excellent gear using that (the non clear labelled stuff i mean)?

use HiDiamond. All kinds of awards in Europe. Just introduced to Canada. and yes....i have heard some of their product

try contacting Worldwide Sales...i think he is the same guy that does Zu Canada

It would be their Clear