Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm 

Gene, the biggest whore in the music biz..I'll pass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm 

Leave it to Gene 'anything for a few more bucks' Simmons. If he drank, I would love to have a few pops with him, though I'd rather drink with Ace though even he is sober, now. I wonder what food he would expect you to serve him - likely not Doritos and Coke.

Hard to know what artist I would 'pay' to have come to my home (If I had such funds...). Apparenty, pop artists perform private shows all the time for $$$. A man in Hamilton brought The Hip to their backyard for his wifes' 50th birthday, a few years back. I'm sure that wasn't $50 thousand - even Canadian...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm 

I happen to have an absolutely pristine copy of the Kiss debut lp, the only Kiss lp I have. I can say it's pristine because it has been played exactly once. I am willing to trade it straight up right now for a CD of Blue by Mostly Other People Do the Killing. Takers? Takers? Anybody want it/got it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm 

Trade you for my original (well loved, albiet unplayable) 'Alive' album - a must have for any music fan :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:51 am 

If I were to offer an extra 20K, would he forgo the personal delivery and just put it in the mail for me? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 am 

AHarris wrote:
Leave it to Gene 'anything for a few more bucks' Simmons. If he drank, I would love to have a few pops with him, though I'd rather drink with Ace though even he is sober, now. I wonder what food he would expect you to serve him - likely not Doritos and Coke.

Hard to know what artist I would 'pay' to have come to my home (If I had such funds...). Apparenty, pop artists perform private shows all the time for $$$. A man in Hamilton brought The Hip to their backyard for his wifes' 50th birthday, a few years back. I'm sure that wasn't $50 thousand - even Canadian...

I caught his interview on the CTV morning show. He mentioned nothing about the $50k...only that he was doing it for his fans because, thanks to them, "he could afford to". :roll:

I don't know if he's covering his costs or not....living the high life can't be cheap...but his fans sure are paying for it.