Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

For members to post information and discuss events for local hifi related clubs and events.

Please only post non-profit, community oriented clubs and events here. Any events or clubs which require fees of any sort, or organized by a for-profit entity should stick to the Dealers forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 am 
Premium User

From our BHD Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/black.hat.desperaudios/)

"Almost hard to believe that the concept for the Black Hat Desperaudios community of audio enthusiasts first came out of my basement shop on this day - seven years ago!

Four days later, on September 10th, 2010, my co-founder (and wife Janita) launched what is now the second largest audio-centric group in Canada - and if you don't count Canuck Audio Mart (also co-founded that entity) then the BHD is, by far, the largest.
Counting 220 members via the original 'Google Groups' forum and 166 on the Facebook entity!

(Just to be clear - membership in the BHD is geographically restricted to a certain portion of the Province of Alberta - specifically from the City of Red Deer and north from there. A few exceptions exist by special request.)

That's a big bunch of people who enjoy their audio!

This year we would care to invite the members to 'Gather' (we call our get-togethers "Gatherings") at the Edmonton Music Collectors Show on October 1st (https://www.facebook.com/yegmusicshow/)

The Black Hat Desperaudios are the supporting sponsors of that particular Event and although I've met most of the members, there are more than a few we have not met nor who have met each other and I/we would care to!

Clear your calendar for October 1st. The wearing of a Black Hat is optional!