Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:26 pm 

As any one compared the Testament with the Statement speaker cables ?
Your impressions please ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:18 am 

Salbin wrote:
Many people who have been playing for an extended period of time may be guilty of this. Many may have learned quickly, or still do it after 30 years of playing. But what happens when you use an instrument cable instead of a speaker cable to run your amp? And, furthermore, what are the differences between them? This month we’ll explore the intricacies of cables, both of their composition, and of their purpose and function. We will also learn about the effects of making such a mistake, and why we should avoid this problem at all costs.

What does this post have to do with the question asked?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:37 pm 
Premium User

Salbin wrote:
Many people who have been playing for an extended period of time may be guilty of this. Many may have learned quickly, or still do it after 30 years of playing. But what happens when you use an instrument cable instead of a speaker cable to run your amp? And, furthermore, what are the differences between them? This month we’ll explore the intricacies of cables, both of their composition, and of their purpose and function. We will also learn about the effects of making such a mistake, and why we should avoid this problem at all costs.

What the heck are you talking about? Looks like someone that just joined trying to boost up their post count. Hmmmm fishy....

OP, I have the testament, never tried the Statement, but I'd suggest emailing Steve Huang, the man himself who designs the cables. He's very friendly and will answer your question better than anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 am 

:oops: So sorry I missed your post. I did use Audio Sensibility Testament bi-wire. It bettered a Acoustic Zen Satori I had been using. But once I changed my speakers I sold the Testament to a friend who was running a bi-wire set-up. He loved the Testament on his Opera speakers. I than purchased the Statement from Steven. The difference I found? More of everything I like about his Testaments. More meat on the bones, more extension in both bass and highs. everything was simply more "refined" or "finished" or "Complete". I hope this gives you and idea. But running a single line of Statement on the new speakers was better in every way than using the bi-wire testament on the same speakers. So is the Statement better? It my system, oh yes. Hope this helps. Cheers, lloyd :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:34 am 

If you like the Testaments, you will love the Statements. The Statements have the exact same stranded OCC copper as the Testaments - so you are not losing anything that made you like the Testaments - but they also add solid core OCC copper (of various gauges) for more bass and a noticeably fuller, richer sound as described above by Lloyd (bluenosens).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 am 

I haven't compared the two but I do use Statement speaker cables, a custom unequal length due to my room configuration. I'm very pleased with the sound, natural, non-fatiguing, excellent extension and inner detail. I have no desire to look elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 am 
Premium User

One is very bad and the other is bad!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 am 

Voodoo Funk wrote:

Any anecdotal or hard evidence here or did you just get excited :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 am 
Premium User

ruecatinat wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

Was curious who would 'get it'...could have just as easily written: "One is good and the other is very good!"

On some level it amounts to the same thing!!! 8)

Truth is I have had a lot of Audio Sensibility cables come through here...never liked any of them...but it's all 'personal' and system dependent...YMMV.

I think it is great that Stephen has a 30 day return policy though...one can try them at no risk.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:20 am 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
ruecatinat wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

Was curious who would 'get it'...could have just as easily written: "One is good and the other is very good!"

On some level it amounts to the same thing!!! 8)

Truth is I have had a lot of Audio Sensibility cables come through here...never liked any of them...but it's all 'personal' and system dependent...YMMV.

I think it is great that Stephen has a 30 day return policy though...one can try them at no risk.

Definitely personal and system dependent, I got that.

For the most part I am (and I'm sure many others, including the OP are as well) genuinely curious in the more 'experienced' members of this site's opinions and impressions on gear...a member such as yourself that seems to go through a lot of gear and have been around for a while could lend an interesting opinion to these threads instead of lapsing into opaque humour...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 am 
Premium User

These threads need more 'opaque humour'...!!! 8)

Best cables in my system after having tried numerous (but not all) proved to be Purist Audio Design out of Texas...if I had to choose one outstanding characteristic of these cables it would be 'coherency'...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 am 

Voodoo Funk wrote:

Best cables in my system after having tried numerous (but not all) proved to be Purist Audio Design out of Texas...if I had to choose one outstanding characteristic of these cables it would be 'coherency'...

Well played 8)

After having tried the Statement phono cable I am curious about what you heard in the speaker cables - and how they compare against each other (Testament vs Statement)

Smaller manufacturers such as Audio Sensibility always make me wonder about ditching my fallback 8PR...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 am 
Premium User

ruecatinat wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

Well played 8)

After having tried the Statement phono cable I am curious about what you heard in the speaker cables - and how they compare against each other (Testament vs Statement)

Smaller manufacturers such as Audio Sensibility always make me wonder about ditching my fallback 8PR...

I wouldn't...I'd go up the Kimber line...

I use 12TC as 'jumper' cables in my customized, pre 2006, Avantgarde 'UNO's...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:

I thought you were going to break into a Michael Jackson routine.......... :D

FWIW I find the least important cable is the speaker cable. In the various iterations of my systems the power cables made the most difference, source to pre-amp interconnects the second, pre to power interconnects the third, and speaker cables the last. The power cable to my phono stage made the biggest difference period (Blue Circle BC707). Admittedly I've been using Martin Logan electrostatic speakers for most of the last 20 years, but I have no idea if that makes any difference. Other posters on various audio forums and in cable reviews say the speaker cable makes the most difference. YMMV +100.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:35 pm 
Premium User

jvitez wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

I thought you were going to break into a Michael Jackson routine.......... :D

FWIW I find the least important cable is the speaker cable. In the various iterations of my systems the power cables made the most difference, source to pre-amp interconnects the second, pre to power interconnects the third, and speaker cables the last. The power cable to my phono stage made the biggest difference period (Blue Circle BC707). Admittedly I've been using Martin Logan electrostatic speakers for most of the last 20 years, but I have no idea if that makes any difference. Other posters on various audio forums and in cable reviews say the speaker cable makes the most difference. YMMV +100.

Well...being somewhat aware that choosing which cable makes the biggest difference could be likened to naming what is the most important component in your system...my experience does lend me to believe that, given one choice of which good cable to purchase...it would indeed be the power cord.