Canuck Audio MartCanuck Audio Mart
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 pm 

Bay Bloor Radio is having a 66th anniversary sale and the base Grado SR60i is only $66. There are also a compact Bose pair.

I got a pair of the Grados, which, like their budget cartridges, are superb value. I have always liked these but even my audiophile son likes them. He is a serious headphone guy. He runs Sony, Sennheiser and B&W. The latter are fabulous but these cheapo Grados are amazingly good.

Hope some of you are able to grab a pair at this super low price. And no I dont work for them. Just a regular customer since the 1980s. Their price Grado carts is also the same as in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 pm 

Sexy deal for sure... how long the deal on for?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm 

mortron wrote:
Sexy deal for sure... how long the deal on for?

End of the month.

Very student friendly.... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 am 

Check out the mods for the SR series of Grado's on Head Fi. I fully modded a set of the 60i's, and love them compared to much higher end Grado's when I compared them at a recent GTA Head Fi gathering.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 am 

BBR states the sale is on until Feb 29th, however they also state offer is available to the first 100 customers. I'd call first.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 pm 

They still had some an hour ago... one less pair tho :D

I had put off buying these before and my good headphones are needing an elaborate recable, now I can get rid of these Sonys that aren't getting used. Also picked up a nice Paderno Stainless Steel frying pan on the cheap earlier as well. Pretty good day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 pm 

mortron wrote:

I had put off buying these before and my good headphones are needing an elaborate recable, now I can get rid of these Sonys that aren't getting used. Also picked up a nice Paderno Stainless Steel frying pan on the cheap earlier as well. Pretty good day.

Always nice to hear a fellow Cammer have a good day. Curious tho, where are you deploying the frying pan in your system??? :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:41 pm 

Tubaman wrote:
mortron wrote:

Always nice to hear a fellow Cammer have a good day. Curious tho, where are you deploying the frying pan in your system??? :)

Probably as a record clamp .....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 pm 

It's nice, it brings out the bass a lot better than my teflon pan.

Yeah I got dragged to the kitchen store. I had enough of being the helper, and decided it was finally time to replace the frying pan my ex roommate killed. He works for RIM now... but prolly still can't cook for $h!t :lol:

I like the grado cans. They're comfy, and thats just as important as sound to me. I am interested in the mods, as they look reasonably double and feasible. But to be honest, they are nice out of the box. Definitely better thru the headphone out on the preamp over my MP3 player. A classmate and I had discussed grado at school. He has the B&W headphones and when i told him of the sale, he was eager to get his girlfriend some. If only girlfriends were as good at picking gifts :lol: