Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:24 am 

I am alerting you all to a person that goes under several aliases and mailing/home addresses that will take your money and not send items. He sounds very legitimate in all his ads but is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I have now waited 40 days for a pair of Telefunken tubes to arrive from Ontario and there are no return emails or contact. This person is well known in the Burlington area for cheating people and has been reported to Burlington OPP for all his actions. I did a search on this person and WOW, look what came up. See below. You have been warned. Please contact me if you need any more info.

The Worst of the Worst--Certified Crooks
Below we have listed those who are actively being sought by law enforcement, or have an legal judgement against them. Do not deal with these people--CALL THE POLICE!

If you know someone who should be listed below please let us know. It is very hard to get on this list. Everyone has sold a 'lemon', or has had a deal go sour. Honest individuals will try hard to compensate for these things happening. Dishonest people make a living doing this. Please do not nominate someone because they shipped you something and it had a scratch on it.

If you are aware of any incorrect information listed below or have additional information we should include please contact us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Names or alias: Mark Uttley, Marc Uterly, Mark Seed, Marc, Mark Bridges, David Simmonds, Doug, NeetStuff4u, Dave, David, Ann Seed. Sometimes uses friend's name--Ross. Sometimes uses an innocent individual, Tim Vandalen, to help him with machines.
Business Names: Mr. Amusement Canada, MDU Electronics, King Amusements (worked for the owner, David King, for a while), Pinballs Are Us (NOT RELATED to the Atlanta, Georgia-based company which runs PinballsAreUs.com)
Phone: 1-519-648-2039, 1-905-547-4592, 1-905-523-1406, 1-519-648-3475, 1-905-659-0054, 1-905-547-6122 (King Amusements), 1-905-920-1829 (Cell), 1-905-549-0748 (4/01), 1-905-574-3867 (Tim Vandalen 6/01), 1-905-690-3032 (8/03), 1-905-690-0962 (Dave Simmonds 2/04 or Doug 4/04, Dave/David 10/04), 1-289-439-9600 (Ann 11/04)
Location: mail box in Hamilton (and/or Puslinch) Ontario, Canada. Brantford, Ontario, Canada (although phone given was a Hamilton number.) Burlington, Ontario, Canada LOR 1H2 (10/04).
Also has been to auction in Starburst.
Mailing addresses used are:
4-58 Burris St or
58 Burris St
Hamilton
Ontario L8M 2J4
Canada
or
21 Meaghan Street
Waterdown, Ontario L0R 2H5
Canada
Email: mechmel@aol.com, wass@mail.on.rogers.wave.ca, pinballsareus@aol.com, audiothile@sympatico.ca, m.uttley@sympatico.ca, neetstuff4u@msn.com, stereophonic73@msn.com

Mark is known in his local area as a 'lying thief.' When a call was made to defend Mark in rec.games.pinball, no one stepped forward to say anything good about him. Only horror stories have come forth.

Mark often pops up on-line under a new alias often claiming to have rare and mint condition games and parts and located in Ontario, Canada.

Mark is accused of mail fraud. He accepted payment for the following items from three different customers and did not ship:

NOS Eight Ball Deluxe playfield
Eight Ball DeLuxe pop bumper cap
The right lane clear plastic lane divider (divides outlane and flipper return lane)
Bally lockbar
NOS Comet playfield
display driver board for Black Knight
These represent several hundreds of dollars of parts. This is only a partial list of items fraudulently 'sold' by Mr. Uttley. If Mark chooses to make good on these and other 'sales' by providing restitution, this entry in the blacklist will be gladly dropped, and apologies issued.
:evil:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:15 pm 

:x
This same joker burned me for my Leak Point one Pre and ST-20 amp.
See Ebay listing
Leak Stereo 20 amplifier and Point One pre-amp - Item #57272

I made the foolish mistake of sending the equipment to him by COD believing that it was as good as cash........ NOT SO!

By the time I received his cheque from the shipping company, he already closed his account and the cheque bounced.
Of course attempts to contact him proved to be futile because he kept changing his identity.
At this point I thought all was lost but, low and behold, I got a "lucky" break

Mr Uttley made the (foolish) mistake of re-listing my Leak amp on canuckaudiomart a short time after he received (stole) it from me.

The reason that I realized this was my equipment in the listing was because he used the very pictures that I took when I listed the equipment on Ebay. "Pretty ballsy thing to do" (but not too bright)
Once I realized this was my scammer friend, I immediately notified the police who then started an investigation.
Eventually the Hamilton police compiled enough evidence to search his residence.
Once inside, they found and seized my equipment and other stolen property.

I have been informed that he now faces numerous charges and is scheduled to appear in court sometime in March.

In the meantime I anxiously await the return of my amps, which are being held as evidence until this is all over.

I have dealt (buying and selling) with many audiophiles over the years and this, sadly. is the first time I have ever had a transaction go sour.

A word of advice:
Check on peoples feedback and above all............Exercise Caution"
Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:34 am 
Manufacturer/Sponsor

Reading stuff like this makes me want to hurl - it makes me sick that people continue to get away with such utter crap. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:07 am 

tubes4me

Congratulations on catching this loser. What a pitiful life this guy must have, both crooked and stupid all at once. I saw those adds as well and it looked like a nice kit !

Louballoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:53 am 

I know where he lives :twisted: Don't have his address but can point to his residence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:11 pm 

Don wrote:
I know where he lives :twisted: Don't have his address but can point to his residence.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TOO DON. AND I WON'T POINT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:25 pm 

Wow a threat from Tube Connection. Not smart on a public forum.

Post subject: PLAIN AND SIMPLE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:39 pm 

TOO ALL THE A@@HOLES BAD MOUTHING ME OUT THERE, THIS IS FOR YOU. I NEVER SCAMMED ANYONE, THE LEAK AMPLIFIER WAS SOLD TO ME AND WAS A PIECE OF NON WORKING CRAP, THE IDIOT WHO SOLD IT TO ME HAS IT BACK. REBUILT AND WORKING. WHAT MORE CAN ONE ASK FOR, I AM NOT THREATENING ANYONE HOWEVER IF ANYONE FEELS STRONG AND WANTS TO START HARASSMENT OR TROUBLE AT MY RESIDENCE THEN COME ON DOWN, I WILL DEFEND MY HOME AND FAMILY ANY WAY I SEE FIT. I AM HERE, YOU KNOW WHERE I AM, STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR KEYBOARDS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME ADDRESS IT LIKE A MAN. ANYONE CAN BADMOUTH SOMEONE AND LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. ITS VERY EASY TO WRITE WORDS, NOT SO EASY TO SAY THEM TO SOMEONES FACE. I HAVE SOLD LOTS OF EQUIPMENT AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO ON EBAY AND WHERE EVER ELSE I LIKE. I HAVE DONE SOME DEALS WHERE PEOPLE WERE NOT HAPPY, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE, GET DETAILS BEFORE ACCUSING SOMEONE OF SOMETHING, ENYONE CAN MAKE UP STORIES. PROOF, IS SOMETING THIS FORUM LACKS. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ANYONE HAS ANY BAD MOUTHING TO DO TO COME ON DOWN AND SAY IT TO MY FACE, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS, STOP HIDING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:41 pm 

take off the caps lock you idiot

Post subject: KEEP IT UP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:51 pm 

LIKE I SAID, ANYONE CAN WRITE CRAP ON HERE, IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO BE SAID, COME AND SAY IT TO ME. ALL YOU LOSERS ARE PUSSYS ANYWAY. GET THE FACTS AND THE TRUTH BEFORE ACCUSING PEOPLE OF FRAUD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:00 pm 

MKReid wrote:
take off the caps lock you idiot

YOU ARE THE IDIOT, COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE BIG MAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:01 pm 

Malachar wrote:
Wow a threat from Tube Connection. Not smart on a public forum.

NOT A THREAT, WHAT KIND OF ASSH@LE SAYS HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE, BETTER EXERCISE CAUTION ON YOUR WORDING. UNLESS YOU WANT TO COME DOWN AND SAY IT TO MY FACE, I AM GIVING YOU AN OPEN INVITATION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:03 pm 

louballoo wrote:
tubes4me

Congratulations on catching this loser. What a pitiful life this guy must have, both crooked and stupid all at once. I saw those adds as well and it looked like a nice kit !

Louballoo

NO ONE CAUGHT ****, I NEVER SCAMMED ANYONE, HAVE YOU SEEN LEGAL PROOF, I THINK NOT, WHEN YOU DO OPEN YOUR MOUTH, UNTIL THEN SHUT THE F@CK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:19 pm 

yes I guess I am an idiot. I stand corrected. it is not you. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:24 pm 

just me being dumb again, maybe you can help me out audioasis. In your feedback you claim to have nothing to do with Mark Uttley or "Tube Connection" yet in this forum you openly admit to be the same person? I don't get it. How stupid do you think we are?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next