Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:38 pm 

Congratulations Phil. I'd have to admit I'm jealous. I remember how well that integrated is. No doubt you'll have a lot of enjoyment using it. Out of curiosity, what speakers were hooked up to it when you went to listen to it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:43 pm 

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. It's greatly appreciated. Now all I have to do is finish those speakers I've been working on. :D

I swapped in my Paradigm Monitor 7's today and they sounded great as well, smoother I would say. But there is something about those old PSB 500's that just seemed a little more dynamic.

I doubt my equipment is worth fiddling about with different cables, so I don't worry too much about that. Basic cables are all I use and I'm fine with that.

Blue11 wrote:
Congratulations Phil. I'd have to admit I'm jealous. I remember how well that integrated is. No doubt you'll have a lot of enjoyment using it. Out of curiosity, what speakers were hooked up to it when you went to listen to it?

Glen pulled a set of small dual transmission lines out of storage (two small drivers in each) as he thought they might have some similar characteristics to the ones I'm making. I don't recall the name but I believe he said they were made in the States. They were decent little towers with a very nice midrange. We had a good chat and a nice long listening session. Glen is such a good guy and it was a great experience overall.

Thanks again, everyone. I really enjoyed the discussion and suggestions from everyone. It was a great learning experience and I really appreciate all the help.

Best,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:19 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

I knew Glen when he had the hole in the wall store. I used to live in that embarrassingly flat town. Summers can get crazy hot.

I loved the thunderstorms. They are so bad, we all disconnected our stereos, when leaving the house for even a full day, throughout the summer period. You know what I be talkin' 'bout, Phil.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:27 pm 
Premium User

Teo Audio wrote:
I used to live in that embarrassingly flat town.

Minus the little hill Fort Henry sits on you basically explained Kingston.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

Just a note to say congrats on a fine amplifier and a great purchase. Those Sugden amps are instant classics!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 pm 

I hope you weren't talking about the Role Audio Enterprise? If they were, then man, I wish I would've been there. I've been wanting to hear those for a long time. I'm glad you were able to spend time listening. I miss the old shop. I was always nice to go there and hang out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 am 

Blue11 wrote:
I hope you weren't talking about the Role Audio Enterprise? If they were, then man, I wish I would've been there. I've been wanting to hear those for a long time. I'm glad you were able to spend time listening. I miss the old shop. I was always nice to go there and hang out.

That rings a bell alright. As I said they were very nice little towers, not much lower end of course but the midrange was lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Congrats on your new amp! I too am hooked on an A21, it would be really tough to give it up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18