Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Schiit Freya Users?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm 

You can buy with the highest of confidence. Dealing with these guys has been nothing but joy. I ordered Freya and Gungnir multibit from them and received them in 2 business days.

Their equipment is simply spectacular! I have been traveling to many high end audio shows and have had the opportunity to compare different kinds of equipment. I can tell you that this tiny boxes, especially for their price, rival or if not better equipment 2 or 3 times the price.

To give you some examples, I was able to compare them between Mcintosh D150, C1100, multiple Simaudio products, NAD C510, Cambridge Audio, Rotel pre amps and I can assure you that none of these sound as good as the Freya-Gungnir multibit combo.

With all of the above mentioned equipment, I have noticed many types of musical nuances not even reproduced. I have also noticed that their volume controls produce such distortion that when you turn it up the vocal becomes so high pitched or nasal that is really harsh on the ears. I also heard some hiss even from balanced outputs.

Now back to our combo. First of Gungnir comes in multibit and make sure you get that one. You will hear such a DETAILED music reproduction you will start hearing musical details you never heard before in your songs. I mean this thing is so crazy I could hear breathing in the background or moving stools, etc. in some studio recording. I have played those songs MANY times on my D150 and C510 you don't hear it.

Highs are sweet and detailed, D150 doesn't play them as good. Vocals are warm and distortion free no matter what volume. Freya in passive mode is dead silent. If you want you can touch your ear to the speakers. Active JFET dead silent. Tube gain left hiss, right hiss and cracking. Emailed NT from Schiit Audio tech support he said to rearrange tubes in X pattern. Did it, no hum, no cracking, only the SLIGHTEST hiss. But you need to touch speaker hear it. Tight bass, warm vocal and sweet highs. Outstanding detail.

If you need more info let me know

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:50 pm 

That's quite a recommendation. This pre, and their new amp are on my radar. I'd like to see them reviewed, they really seem like the bang for buck is off the charts.

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 pm 
Premium User

rile wrote:
Their equipment is simply spectacular! I have been traveling to many high end audio shows and have had the opportunity to compare different kinds of equipment. I can tell you that this tiny boxes, especially for their price, rival or if not better equipment 2 or 3 times the price.

To give you some examples, I was able to compare them between Mcintosh D150, C1100, multiple Simaudio products, NAD C510, Cambridge Audio, Rotel pre amps and I can assure you that none of these sound as good as the Freya-Gungnir multibit combo.

Can you please provide details on test systems you've used to do head to head comparisons with the gear mentioned? specifically the MOON pieces. A show is certainly not the place to come to these conclusions. I'd like to know a bit more.