Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 pm 

I believe he has been kicked off Ebay twice in the last month.Ruined a number of auctions by not paying after using Buy It Now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 pm 

John is nothing but trouble to deal with. He bought a certain amplifier from a friend of mine and auditioned the unit and was very happy with the deal. He emails my friend many months later saying the amp is junk and certain components were incorrect and inadequate.

Junk?? It didn't seem that way X months ago....don't even try dealing with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:27 pm 

Beware !!!!, ... John Bowering is trying sell Leak equipment again. This guy is a Liar and a Thief and has used many aliases. He also uses foul language when confronted. His current user name is marantz_tube_amps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:54 pm 

Yup same guy,same m.o., and best yet same picture on the same audio rack he posted in many of his ads for the same amp!!

Mods please be aware!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:01 am 

Beware !!!, John Bowering , a Liar and a Thief, has again posted another ad for his electronic gear. He now uses the user name ... yahoo. I thought this guy was banned from this CAM site. I believe that he is known by the local police.

Post subject: John Bowering
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:05 am 

I am not too sure but is he flogging a Fisher sa300, Leak st20 and a Eico hf85 preamp also. :?:

If I am wrong....forgive me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:09 pm 

Holy crap, the Eico and the Hurricanes are way overpriced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:41 pm 

Is the admin. asleep at the switch.Several ads from a known fraud and scam artist are still up !! Is the admin. not interested in protecting the membership any more!!

This guy is a known affiliate of "Mark Uttley" or perhaps they are the same?? i think soooo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:55 am 

John Bowering, a Liar and a Thief !!!, new user name ... yahoo, continues to post electronic gear for sale. Be very careful with this person. He has also scammed people by selling junk motorcycle stuff. There are more fraud warnings on this guy from other CAM members in ' Phoenix Rising, Co-incidence, Bad Spelling, Stuck Keyboard ? ' He was banned from this site but still posts ads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:26 am 

TheHeat wrote:
Is the admin. asleep at the switch.Several ads from a known fraud and scam artist are still up !! Is the admin. not interested in protecting the membership any more!!

Did you send him a PM or E-mail? it's pretty tough to monitor all the threads that go on here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:31 am 

He's showing sold and sale pending on his items, perhaps CAM should be alerting the potential buyers (victims?). The feedback is bad but then 9 fbs from John Cosntable qualifies as a stalker....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm 

Soundemon wrote:
TheHeat wrote:

Did you send him a PM or E-mail? it's pretty tough to monitor all the threads that go on here...

Yes I have,several times in fact. John Bowering aka Mark Utley aka CB aka Yahoo etc etc still posts ads with impunity!! He has a few up right now.

Does this in fact demonstrate how those in charge feel about the security of the buyers here on CAM?I hope not. Please look into this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:13 pm 

He is still here!! Has a new ad for a Mac 240. I guess no mod. or Admin. cares about a known scammer on the site.So it appears that buyer beware is the word of the day.
I have a nice collection of interesting pm's also,threats and all.A very nice fellow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:21 pm 

I don't understand why John Bowering is allowed to use such foul language on this CAM site. ..... in particular his feedback for ' theheat ' and previous postings under many aliases. I also don't understand why Bowering is allowed to post ads since he was banned from using this site. I hope some corrective action is provided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

I've banned Yahoo's account and other accounts from that IP.

In the future if you wish to post reports of scams please help me out and post the URLs to the spam accounts - this would greatly help me out.

I also got thrown off this thread because vintage deleted all his original posts so it looked to me like he was recanting on his report. Sorry everyone.

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next