Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:25 pm 

Do not deal with that individual. Member broke all communication after receiving item, failed to deliver his trade item to the buyer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:29 pm 

unfortunate.But the hard lesson is trade locally or only if feedback is very favourable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 pm 

He's been a member for nearly 4 years. It's unusual for someone to go rogue after that many years.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:20 am 

JAN 8 2017 STEVE CALSAVARA]was to make a shipping box for my Marantz 2270. HE OFFERED TO DO THIS, PART OF HIS SCAM. Told STEVE CALSAVARA to return the following morning with my stereo so I could ship it. It was Jan 11 2017 before I had any more contact with STEVE CALSAVARA. At this point I knew what STEVE CALSAVARA was up to and it wasn't good for me at all. STEVE CALSAVARA asked me for cash so he could ship my Marantz 2270. I told STEVE CALSAVARA I was using my visa to ship my stereo under my name. STEVE CALSAVARA TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO PAY AND SHIP MY STEREO IN HIS NAME. This was planned by STEVE CALSAVERA so he could take control of my stereo. I started to document his harassment and control over me and my Marantz. I refused to pay him one day shipping (took a week to arrive) as he knew I would and he started his scam to obtain my stereo and harass me for as long as he could. To date (MAY 22 2017) I do not have my stereo. cops tell me to sue him, I now have confirmation that STEVE CALSAVARA is somebody TO NOT DEAL WITH AT ALL. Nothing was done to my Marantz as far as repair because the store owner had had enough of this mess. I TRIED CALLING HIM TO NEGOTIATE MY STEREO BACK AND HE REFUSED TO ANSWER MY 21 CALLS, WANTS ME TO SUE HIM TO GET MY STEREO BACK. EFFECTIVELY TAKING MY STEREO AS IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH PAYING ANY MORE FOR MY MARANTZ 2270. I HAVE BEEN IN HIS APARTMENT (PART OF HIS SCAM) AND HE HAS SOME REALLY REALLY NICE VINTAGE STEREO(S). SEVERAL!!! BEWARE OF STEVE CALSAVARA AND HIS OFFERS OF "HELP" "BUY" OR "TRADE.

CLEARLY TOLD HIM I DON'T WANT TO PAY CASH FOR SHIPPING AND I WILL SHIP ON MY VISA, THIS AFTER HE ASKED FOR CASH. HIS EXCUSE FOR DECEIVING ME WAS HE FORGOT WHAT I SAID.....WOW BEWARE OF SCAMMERS LIKE THIS. THEFT BY DECEPTION

CAM has nothing to do with this scam in any way. I found this post by typing steve calsavara in google and the other scam came up. Thought it would be a good idea to post his further activities. Again Canuck Audio Mart has nothing to do with this scam. I only
reported it here.

Last edited by catchscammers on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 am 

catchscammers wrote:
JAN 8 2017 STEVE CALSAVARA]was to make a shipping box for my Marantz 2270. HE OFFERED TO DO THIS, PART OF HIS SCAM. Told STEVE CALSAVARA to return the following morning with my stereo so I could ship it. It was Jan 11 2017 before I had any more contact with STEVE CALSAVARA. At this point I knew what STEVE CALSAVARA was up to and it wasn't good for me at all. STEVE CALSAVARA asked me for cash so he could ship my Marantz 2270. I told STEVE CALSAVARA I was using my visa to ship my stereo under my name. STEVE CALSAVARA TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO PAY AND SHIP MY STEREO IN HIS NAME. This was planned by STEVE CALSAVERA and I started to document his harassment and control over me and my Marantz. I refused to pay him one day shipping (took a week to arrive) as he knew I would and he started his scam to obtain my stereo and harass me for as long as he could. To date (MAY 22 2017) I do not have my stereo. cops tell me to sue him, I now have confirmation that STEVE CALSAVARA is somebody TO NOT DEAL WITH AT ALL. Anyone who wants the full story of STEVE CALSAVERA please feel free to contact me. fill you in on many other details of STEVE CALSAVARA who has caused me harm. nothing was done to my Marantz as far as repair because the store owner had had enough of this mess created and perpetuated by STEVE CALSAVARA. I TRIED CALLING HIM TO NEGOTIATE MY STEREO BACK AND HE REFUSED TO ANSWER MY 21 CALLS, WANTS ME TO SUE HIM TO GET MY STEREO BACK. EFFECTIVELY TAKING MY STEREO AS IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH PAYING ANY MORE FOR MY MARANTZ 2270. I HAVE BEEN IN HIS APARTMENT (PART OF HIS SCAM) AND HE HAS SOME REALLY REALLY NICE VINTAGE STEREO(S). SEVERAL!!! BEWARE OF STEVE CALSAVARA AND HIS OFFERS OF "HELP" "BUY" OR "TRADE.

Welcome to Cam forum.
Wow..

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 am 
Premium User

catchscammers...what's his name? :lol:

To OP and catchscammers...I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. Really SUCKS!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:05 pm 

Catchscammers, that user was banned from CAM back in July of 2015; almost 2 years ago.

Are you saying that this scam happened through a CAM Contact in January of this year? If so, please provide the Moderation Team with ALL of the pertinent details and correspondance via the Moderators E-Mail account (moderators@canuckaudiomart.com). If this did NOT happen through CAM, please amend your post to reflect this important fact.

CAM Moderation Team

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:23 pm 

I wonder what the Laurel & Hardy record thieves are up to?

Laurel distracts you while Hardy stuffs LPs' in his pants......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:08 am 

OBI56 wrote:
Catchscammers, that user was banned from CAM back in July of 2015; almost 2 years ago.

Are you saying that this scam happened through a CAM Contact in January of this year? If so, please provide the Moderation Team with ALL of the pertinent details and correspondance via the Moderators E-Mail account (moderators@canuckaudiomart.com). If this did NOT happen through CAM, please amend your post to reflect this important fact.

CAM Moderation Team

CAM had nothing to do with this at all. I typed steve calsavara in google and Latest Scammer:stevec1@hotmail.com came up. I thought
a warning was needed so others could beware of his offers of "help" should he try to scam another.

I am sorry if anyone misunderstood the post in this way, it was not intentional.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:41 am 

greatlookinglandscapes wrote:
unfortunate.But the hard lesson is trade locally or only if feedback is very favourable.

All dealings I had with STEVE CALSAVARA were done locally, he lives maybe 2km from me. Long story of what happened here. I got my stereo back June 3 I believe. It is worse off than when it went away, I am not sure what happened to my beautiful Marantz 2270 over approx a 5 month period while it sat in the reputable store and not repaired. All that was wrong was the tuner did not work. Again the stereo came back worse than it went away. Little separation between sources on the function control. Bleed over from another source is very bad and this was NOT the case when it went away.Other problems to be found as I test the Marantz. STEVE CALSAVARA forced the stereo to be returned to him and he was to give to me. This is what happened thru a third party who lets say had STEVE CALSAVARA by the short ones. Without help from this awesome person my stereo costs would be driven up by the fact STEVE CALSAVARA wanted me to sue him in small claims court. I tried calling him over a 3 day period with no answer ever.
Effectively the stereo would be abandoned because of cost forced on me by STEVE CALSAVARA. Simply without the intervention of this "Awesome" person my stereo would have been taken from me. Beware even in person when someone offers "help" . He used my trust against me.

-- 05 Jun 2017 14:43 --

CAAudioCollector wrote:
Do not deal with that individual. Member broke all communication after receiving item, failed to deliver his trade item to the buyer.

Do you want info on his location and phone #?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:13 pm 

Hi catchscammers,
Did you get your stereo repaired?

I hate what was done to you, and there are some repair people out there that make things worse. Just because one person can't solve your problem doesn't mean it is impossible to fix.

Best, Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 pm 

anatech wrote:
Hi catchscammers,
Did you get your stereo repaired?

I hate what was done to you, and there are some repair people out there that make things worse. Just because one person can't solve your problem doesn't mean it is impossible to fix.

Best, Chris

No my stereo wasn't repaired. The tuner still doesn't work. Now the phono is acting up, very low audio and it worked fine before scamboy steve got hold of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:38 am 

catchscammers wrote:
JAN 8 2017 STEVE CALSAVARA]was to make a shipping box for my Marantz 2270. HE OFFERED TO DO THIS, PART OF HIS SCAM. Told STEVE CALSAVARA to return the following morning with my stereo so I could ship it. It was Jan 11 2017 before I had any more contact with STEVE CALSAVARA. At this point I knew what STEVE CALSAVARA was up to and it wasn't good for me at all. STEVE CALSAVARA asked me for cash so he could ship my Marantz 2270. I told STEVE CALSAVARA I was using my visa to ship my stereo under my name. STEVE CALSAVARA TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO PAY AND SHIP MY STEREO IN HIS NAME. This was planned by STEVE CALSAVERA so he could take control of my stereo. I started to document his harassment and control over me and my Marantz. I refused to pay him one day shipping (took a week to arrive) as he knew I would and he started his scam to obtain my stereo and harass me for as long as he could. To date (MAY 22 2017) I do not have my stereo. cops tell me to sue him, I now have confirmation that STEVE CALSAVARA is somebody TO NOT DEAL WITH AT ALL. Nothing was done to my Marantz as far as repair because the store owner had had enough of this mess. I TRIED CALLING HIM TO NEGOTIATE MY STEREO BACK AND HE REFUSED TO ANSWER MY 21 CALLS, WANTS ME TO SUE HIM TO GET MY STEREO BACK. EFFECTIVELY TAKING MY STEREO AS IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH PAYING ANY MORE FOR MY MARANTZ 2270. I HAVE BEEN IN HIS APARTMENT (PART OF HIS SCAM) AND HE HAS SOME REALLY REALLY NICE VINTAGE STEREO(S). SEVERAL!!! BEWARE OF STEVE CALSAVARA AND HIS OFFERS OF "HELP" "BUY" OR "TRADE.

CLEARLY TOLD HIM I DON'T WANT TO PAY CASH FOR SHIPPING AND I WILL SHIP ON MY VISA, THIS AFTER HE ASKED FOR CASH. HIS EXCUSE FOR DECEIVING ME WAS HE FORGOT WHAT I SAID.....WOW BEWARE OF SCAMMERS LIKE THIS. THEFT BY DECEPTION

CAM has nothing to do with this scam in any way. I found this post by typing steve calsavara in google and the other scam came up. Thought it would be a good idea to post his further activities. Again Canuck Audio Mart has nothing to do with this scam. I only
reported it here.

Deception like this only happens with a willing partner. If you don't get paid first, you don't ship. Trades are virtually impossible unless done in person or if you know and trust the recipient. Otherwise, only one person has to trust the other for the scam to occur.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 am 

sounds like he had a willing particpant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 am 

These two posts assign responsibility for a possible scam to the victim. They are not useful or appreciated.

Musicware4u wrote:
Deception like this only happens with a willing partner. If you don't get paid first, you don't ship. Trades are virtually impossible unless done in person or if you know and trust the recipient. Otherwise, only one person has to trust the other for the scam to occur.

Tyreman wrote:
sounds like he had a willing particpant

If you want to contribute usefully to a topic of this kind, consider sharing in detail your own experience in a similar situation, or with the same parties. Keep in mind that without hearing from both sides, the story is incomplete, and do not rush to judgment.

These topics are closely watched and anything that looks like a pile-on will result in the thread's being locked and/or moved out of sight.