Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:43 pm 

JGP wrote:
Agreed, ask questions - be dilligent.

I just responded to one of his ads on Kijiji. I figured it was him by his responses and frusteration that I was not leaving immediately to pick up an item, (I never said I would;)

Anyways, he is using a different name, it was "Redd" on Kijiji.
I just simply asked him if it was him.

He agreed it was and I politely told him we had both good and bad experiences in the past & and (for both our sanity) we should refrain from the deal.

He responded like a gentleman.

So, make your own conclusions, take your own risks, ask questions.

I sort of regret not concluding our transaction as it seemed to be a fair deal, but - my past just told me no.

Was it speakers or amp?

He sold me a preamp and pair of speakers once then agressively wanted them back stating he sold them to me with missing components inside.
You tell me if thats normal and someone you should trust.
He had made appointments with others to meet then cancelled while the person was already on the road not far from meeting place.
Hes done it to countless others beat up amp inside, missing parts, not brand name tubes as stated in the ad.
Never buy anything by mail from this guy. You never know what he or his tech has done to the electronics inside.

If your going to meet and buy make sure
You test and listen to it, open up the top of amp and check the tubes to make sure the right tubes are in there.

Sad you have to go those limits but with this guy you do.
He has done it to himself. Reputation follows you.
I felt sorry for the guy before and said wanted to change to make things right with only to aquire that same day a power amp that needed a total overhauling..basically toast.
That was it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:04 am 
Premium User

He never left.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm 

byefi wrote:
He never left.

Good point haha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:30 pm 

I saw this on Queen west in Toronto.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.26.21 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.26.21 PM.jpg [ 82.44 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:55 pm 
Premium User

What a sorry soul . I got screwed some 10 years back - buys my Lenco TT - I agreed to C.O.D. payment. He refuses item at his door. When I tried to reach him, no response. My Lenco came back - guess what ! I was out send &return cost, approx. $90 at the time. When he finally responded to my email, where I stated I will expose him as a fraud here on CAM , which I did ! He threatens me with a lawyer . I said get your best law. you're exposed. I rec'da few replies from CAM members who also had some dealing with John Bowering. At that time he also had another username or an accomplice, the name is Mark Utcliff ? Anyhow, one day on eBay, John's selling Leak amp gear. I play his game, get him to call me, then blast him for his past tense ! FELT GOOD & NO HARM DONE, and I cleared my conscious of this radical....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:34 am 

jastremsky wrote:
What a sorry soul . I got screwed some 10 years back - buys my Lenco TT - I agreed to C.O.D. payment. He refuses item at his door. When I tried to reach him, no response. My Lenco came back - guess what ! I was out send &return cost, approx. $90 at the time. When he finally responded to my email, where I stated I will expose him as a fraud here on CAM , which I did ! He threatens me with a lawyer . I said get your best law. you're exposed. I rec'da few replies from CAM members who also had some dealing with John Bowering. At that time he also had another username or an accomplice, the name is Mark Utcliff ? Anyhow, one day on eBay, John's selling Leak amp gear. I play his game, get him to call me, then blast him for his past tense ! FELT GOOD & NO HARM DONE, and I cleared my conscious of this radical....

Where did you ship the lenco to? St Cath?
John is in the st cath fort Erie area.

Mark dundas freelton carlisle area

-- 24 Jul 2018 15:36 --

Robbie California wrote:
I saw this on Queen west in Toronto.

Thats hilarious..where can order this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30