Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am 

Did the op actually go to a Western Union office to collect the money and was told it was fake?

I’ve received WU money transfers before. It can take up to 5 days for the money to show up at the local WU office. I entered the MTCN shwon on the receipt in their tracker and it shows money was sent then cancelled.

Last edited by GWN on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:59 am 

Yeah I dont know if its the same guy but he's posted a lot of videos mostly of audio gear

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ne+dinelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 am 

This is what he sent:
The smart and secure way to send your own money

Dear Valued Customer,

Larry Jones sent you an INTERAC e-TransferRegistered trademark symbol (previously INTERAC Email Money TransferRegistered trademark symbol).

Amount: $2,550 (CAD)

Sender's Message: Hi I've just sent the payment for the product including the postage fee to my son. Please quickly post it out via Canada Post Air Mail to my son and let me know the tracking number thanks.

Transaction Date: Feb 21 2018.
SECURITY QUESTION: What For ?
SECURITY ANSWER: Goods
Transfer On Hold.. Until Shipment Tracking Number Is Provided

The sum of $2,550.00 CAD had been successfully deducted from the buyers account pending to be credited into your account, We only await the shipping (tracking number) of what the buyer actually paid for before releasing the funds. This is to protect both the buyer and the seller. Kindly get back to us with the tracking number and scan receipt giving to you at the post office for verification, once that is done we will credit your account there after .

Qty Item Options Price
1 Goods $2,550.00 CAD
Amount $2,550.00 CAD

Shipping Address - CONFIRMED
Name: Peter jones
Address: 37 Baruwa street Ijeshatedo
Surulere, Lagos
Nigeria 23401

http://www.psdgraphics.com/file/approved-stamp.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am 

...paging Mr. Jones from Nigeria...Mr. Jones...Mr. Jones.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:22 am 

GWN wrote:
Did the op actually go to a Western Union office to collect the money and was told it was fake?

I’ve received WU money transfers before. It can take up to 5 days for the money to show up at the local WU office. I entered the MTCN shwon on the receipt in their tracker and it shows money was sent then cancelled.

I went to Western Union at Walmart. They entered the numbers and said they weren’t legit. I also tried to go to a Money Mart the next day to double check. I waited in line for 20 minutes and gave up.

The lady from Western Union at Walmart said the money should be able to be picked up instantly after it is sent. You would think if I had to wait five days someone would tell me?

Maybe this guy is legit? I’m not sure, but I haven’t heard back from him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:24 am 

...Mr. Jones...Mr. Jones from Nigeria...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:55 am 

robertg wrote:
GWN wrote:

I went to Western Union at Walmart. They entered the numbers and said they weren’t legit. I also tried to go to a Money Mart the next day to double check. I waited in line for 20 minutes and gave up.

The lady from Western Union at Walmart said the money should be able to be picked up instantly after it is sent. You would think if I had to wait five days someone would tell me?

Maybe this guy is legit? I’m not sure, but I haven’t heard back from him.

Well, I was just giving you my personal experience with WU money transfers. The one from Russia took 5 days, one from Italy and another from USA took 3 days. The Canadian one was instant but the amount was below $500 and paid via credit card not a bank account. They are pretty safe. I would never accept a WU money order but I have no problem with a money transfer. Even though it is a pain to have to go to an office to collect money.

I don’t know if your buyer was scamming you or just decided to cancel. Peace.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:09 am 

dieter wrote:
This is what he sent:

Dear Valued Customer,

Larry Jones sent you an INTERAC e-TransferRegistered trademark symbol (previously INTERAC Email Money TransferRegistered trademark symbol).

Sender's Message: Hi I've just sent the payment for the product including the postage fee to my son. Please quickly post it out via Canada Post Air Mail to my son and let me know the tracking number thanks.

The sum of $2,550.00 CAD had been successfully deducted from the buyers account pending to be credited into your account, We only await the shipping (tracking number) of what the buyer actually paid for before releasing the funds. This is to protect both the buyer and the seller. Kindly get back to us with the tracking number and scan receipt giving to you at the post office for verification, once that is done we will credit your account there after .

Qty Item Options Price
1 Goods $2,550.00 CAD
Amount $2,550.00 CAD

Surulere, Lagos
Nigeria 23401

I am surprised you let the transaction go that far. Shipping to Nigeria would have been my first tip this was a scam. Pic below of the shipping address!

Interact does not send the security question and pass code with the initial email. There are also 3 parties involved with a e-transfer, Interact plus the 2 participating banks. Even if the banks are the same Interact is still involved.

Attachments:
Surulere Lagos Nigeria.jpg
Surulere Lagos Nigeria.jpg [ 289.56 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 am 

yes I was almost sure it was a scam from the start. I wanted to see what he would say next. I was starting to enjoy the "game"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:37 am 

dieter wrote:
yes I was almost sure it was a scam from the start. I wanted to see what he would say next. I was starting to enjoy the "game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Uc-cztsJo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:42 pm 

sthomas1049 wrote:
dieter wrote:

This video is hilarious! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:22 pm 

tardis26 wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:
dieter wrote:

This video is hilarious! :lol:

I just watched about three of them with my family, thanks for the great laughs...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

sthomas1049 wrote:
I am surprised you let the transaction go that far. Shipping to Nigeria would have been my first tip this was a scam. Pic below of the shipping address!

Just because this fella spends more on his rig than his living quarters doesn't mean he's a scammer. I've been spending more $$$ on my system than on my crib for decades! :lol:

And not everyone from Nigeria is a scammer. Just 98.9% of them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:14 pm 

sthomas1049 wrote:
dieter wrote:
This is what he sent:

Dear Valued Customer,

Qty Item Options Price
1 Goods $2,550.00 CAD
Amount $2,550.00 CAD

Surulere, Lagos
Nigeria 23401

Interact does not send the security question and pass code with the initial email. There are also 3 parties involved with a e-transfer, Interact plus the 2 participating banks. Even if the banks are the same Interact is still involved.

Not to mention that the amount exceeds the maximum allowable in an Interac transfer, unless it's been raised recently.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 pm 
Premium User

sthomas1049 wrote:
dieter wrote:

Great video - waste the scammers' time! :lol: