Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:21 am 

Canada's 10 most haunted places http://www.readersdigest.ca/travel/canada/canadas-10-most-haunted-places/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One Of The Creepiest Deaths In Recent History. In 2013, Elisa Lam was found dead in a water tower on top of the notorious Hotel Cecil. After an in-depth investigation, police could never pinpoint an exact cause of death. On Jan. 26, 2013, 21-year-old Canadian tourist Elisa Lam checked into the Hotel Cecil in downtown Los Angeles." https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbergara/what-happened-in-that-elevator?utm_term=.ooQQ27zxn#.ngrlLN6ba , "A couple of aspects of this story are very mysterious. Elisa was seen on security video entering an elevator. Elisa presses all of the buttons in the elevator and appears to be waiting for someone. The elevator door won’t close, which usually means that something is blocking the track. Elisa steps out of the elevator and you can see her talking to someone and waving her hands strangely. At one point she seems to hide on the side of the elevator. Then she walks in and out of the elevator a couple different times before disappearing from the camera’s view." http://thehorrormoviesblog.com/2015/08/05/elisa-lam-haunted-elevator-ghost/

Unsealed Conspiracy Files: Secret Time Travel
National Geographic - Time Travel

Discovery Channel - Giants
Documentary - Giants

Monsters and Mysteries in America - Lake Worth Monster (Goat Man), Chupacabra, Zombie Soldiers December 15, 2013 In Lake Worth, Texas, teenagers are attacked by a Goatman

National Geographic - Extraterrestrial Technology

"Were these Men in Black really aliens - visiting a hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario? Hotel staff say that these two very strange looking men in black came looking for the hotel manager and asking about the UFO sightings. In asking for the manager, there were several things that disturbed the staff greatly. The manager reports that two staff members came to him about these strange men in black asking for him. The bellman described them as: odd looking, really really tall, identical height, wearing exact same clothes, exact same faces like they were twins, wearing same outfit: black suits, black trench coats and old-fashioned fedora hats, had extremely pale skin, "they freaked my out". The next day, the tour guide reported that they: said strange things she didn't understand, talked about government and conspiracies - none of it made any sense, were very, very scary, because they had no facial hair - no eyebrows, no eyelashes, their hair looked like a wig that was attached to the hat, eyes were very big, very blue, almost hypnotizing, did not blink even once, seemed to know what she was thinking" http://www.ufo-sightings-canada.com/were-these-men-in-black-really-aliens-visiting-a-hotel-in-niagara-falls-ontario.html#sthash.wr1hnVJl.dpbs

"MIB's Also referred to as the ’Men In Black’ or ’Horlocks’. These are apparently in many cases humans who are controlled by draconian influences, although other ’MIB’ have been encountered which do not seem human, but more reptilian OR synthetic. The ’MIB’ have been encountered often after UFO sightings, usually intimidating witnesses into keeping silent about what they’ve seen (many of the witnesses may be ’abductees’ with suppressed memories of the event). Their ’threats’ appear to be motivated by attempts to utilize ’terrorism’, ’fear’ or ’intimidation’ as a psychological weapon against witnesses. ’They’ are often, though not always, seen in connection with large, black automobiles, some of which have been seen disappearing into mountains." http://www.greatdreams.com/ufos/alien-types.htm

"Richardson claimed he collided with a UFO while driving. However, on impact…the object vanished. After the crash, Richardson took home a small lump of metal that he believed was from the UFO. Only a week later, Richardson said he was visited by two men in black suits who asked for the piece of metal he had collected from the scene of the crash. When Richardson informed them he had already given the piece of metal to authorities for testing, he said they threatened his wife. He did not hear from the men again after that, and he had no idea how they could have known about the piece of metal." https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbergara/these-chilling-encounters-with-the-men-in-black-will-make-yo?utm_term=.agRJovL1KL#.rp6VPljb2j

"Canadian actor and UFO and paranormal researcher Dan Aykroyd most famous for Ghostbusters 1 and 2 movies (Ghostbusters 2 - Routine spook check scene), who recounted his MIB story in a documentary on UFOs. While he was in New York City preparing a show for the SyFy Channel on UFOs and paranormal. He was having a cellphone conversation with Britney Spears about being on Saturday Night Live, and noticed some guys in black suits standing next to a black sedan. One MIB stood outside the car staring at Aykroyd, and another gave Aykroyd an unpleasant glance from the back seat. Aykroyd looked away for a brief moment, and when he looked back, the sedan had disappeared. >>And that car did not go past me, it did not take a U-turn. That car vanished,<< Aykroyd said. Aykroyd was informed later that day that his show was to be canceled, leaving many ufologists to ponder whether or not MIB influence led to that outcome." http://thenightsky.org/aykroyd.html

The real Men In Black
MIB encounters
MIB, Shadow Government and MJ12
UFO Hunters - MIB documentary
Men In Black - Russian documentary (English subtitles)

Last edited by ELOS on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 am 

when I was 5 there were 6 of us kids in the neighborhood playing in an adjacent field. The street that boarded the field had been closed off by a raised sidewalk; which was about 1/2 a block away from where we were.
One of the girls screamed suddenly and pointed to a figure just standing on that sidewalk looking towards us. He was all dresses in black, a long coat, fedora but his faces was completely wrapped like a mummy.
We started running towards home and the mother of the girl who screamed had heard her and came out to see what happened. she lived next to the field and was out within seconds of the scream. we turned back to point to the figure, but he was gone. The area around him was all open field, boulevard and street. Even if he had ran full tilt in any direction he should have been spotted still.
Almost 50 years now. I have very little recollection of the eighties due to lifestyle choices of the time, but I can still recall that image like it was yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:36 am 

mpublicover wrote:
when I was 5 there were 6 of us kids in the neighborhood playing in an adjacent field. The street that boarded the field had been closed off by a raised sidewalk; which was about 1/2 a block away from where we were.
One of the girls screamed suddenly and pointed to a figure just standing on that sidewalk looking towards us. He was all dresses in black, a long coat, fedora but his faces was completely wrapped like a mummy.
We started running towards home and the mother of the girl who screamed had heard her and came out to see what happened. she lived next to the field and was out within seconds of the scream. we turned back to point to the figure, but he was gone. The area around him was all open field, boulevard and street. Even if he had ran full tilt in any direction he should have been spotted still.
Almost 50 years now. I have very little recollection of the eighties due to lifestyle choices of the time, but I can still recall that image like it was yesterday.

Did he look like one of these guys:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:38 am 

I once got on a train to Spain and ended up in Amsterdam...I have no recollection of the following 3 days...though I did eventually get to Barcelona...it was there...in an underground bar near the beach...that a busload of swimsuit models entered and proceeded to pose...one pose to the next...it seemed like hours...but the next day my buddies (Cdn Infantry soldiers) said we'd only been there for 20 minutes...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 am 

I am at a loss to explain why the Internet always seems to attract so many conspiracy-theory nutbags who always look for the least probable explanations for the most obvious activities. Is it a conspiracy? Hey, it might be. :lol:

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

Last edited by Quadzilla on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:39 am 

mpublicover wrote:
He was all dresses in black, a long coat, fedora but his faces was completely wrapped like a mummy.

Could it have been Nash the Slash?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:51 am 

Mod Beat wrote:
mpublicover wrote:
He was all dresses in black, a long coat, fedora but his faces was completely wrapped like a mummy.

Could it have been Nash the Slash?

I swear...that was my first thought!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Dopes On The Water

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 am 

.....never see them together in the same room.... :)
Attachment:
redenbacher.jpeg
redenbacher.jpeg [ 53.08 KiB | Viewed 1826 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Quadzilla wrote:
I am at a loss to explain why the Internet always seems to attract so many conspiracy-theory nutbags who always look for the least probable explanations for the most obvious activities. Is it a conspiracy? Hey, it might be. :lol:

the thing about conspiracies, is that history shows many to most to either be true or have enough truth to the story that they bore a real need to be looked at when they were originally uttered.

The thing about history, is that it is written by the victors, so has only what their desires and designs -reflects.

this means you won't find any of what the truth is, in conspiracies, in history books.

Historians themselves, understand this situation. They have evolved a professional rigor to deal with it.

Due to the altered and colored historical information, the general public knows little to nothing about these things. For any given form of elitism and oligarchy, controlling the data, record, and the presentation of such to the public, is critical. Accordingly, 95% of the USA's media is controlled by 6 corporations, by 6 people, who are all connected. (this is on the public record and is the culmination of a university study). Jimmy Carter, ex POTUS of the USA, says flat out, over and over, to anyone that will listen, that the USA is now very much a oligarchy, and has nothing do do with democracy. It's a total illusion.

Additionally, the term 'conspiracy theory', is a CIA creation (on the public record as an admission from them) as a form of controlling mental projections and imagery, to predispose people to be disdainful and negative when they hear this term.

Basically put, the public might know of what...3%, 2%, maybe less, of what is actually going on out there? To add, the public does not have the intellectual and contemplative chops to get the discernment job done. Which helps enormously, when the public is used to whip whistle blowers and researchers into a bloody pulp. That the public fearfully maintains the fence and gate of their own slaughterhouse as being tightly shut and locked... as they are not smart enough nor intellectually rigorous enough, nor emotionally detached enough to deal with the complexity nor stress of what the data means. Keep the cows quiet down on the farm. Their psychological condition in combination with a directed and determined effort by said oligarchy.... keeps things working in the extant framework.

Essentially, there is a lot of truly frightening stuff out there, that is very very real.... and the public will beat the bearer of such to death for trying to show them. Which gives the perpetrators the opportunity to spot the truth teller and take them down. And no one believes any of it, no one believes the truth teller, nor the story, nor that a brave and principled person emerged and tried to do something.

It's a pathetic **** show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 pm 

Quadzilla wrote:
If you believe in ghosts...you see ghosts. If you believe in God...he talks to you. I was told by a Christian that I'm protected from Satan because I don't believe in him. :shock:

Dunno....

Arthur C. Clarke once penned that the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine. :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:48 pm 

What I've notice about these stories, they only come equipped with anecdotal evidence. Literally always, then as the purveyor of the story is asked any questions. The reply comes ripe with special pleading. Again literally every single time - "you just have to believe me".

I know it is true so therefore it is true. Is their basis for acceptance.

I like MIB stories. They are fun and that is about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm 

ripblade wrote:
Quadzilla wrote:
If you believe in ghosts...you see ghosts. If you believe in God...he talks to you. I was told by a Christian that I'm protected from Satan because I don't believe in him. :shock:

Dunno....

Arthur C. Clarke once penned that the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine. :idea:

I think that conspiracy-theorists are socially-awkward and share a number of mental conditions, like paranoia and delusions of grandeur ... because they thrive on the self-important belief that they 'know' more than everyone else does ... and they desperately want to be the 'go-to' guys for the 'truth'. Oddly enough, few of them are capable of independent thought and they can only resort to posting endless web links rather than any sort of well-reasoned personal opinions.

-- 03 Mar 2017 18:00 --

audiocat wrote:
What I've notice about these stories, they only come equipped with anecdotal evidence. Literally always, then as the purveyor of the story is asked any questions. The reply comes ripe with special pleading. Again literally every single time - "you just have to believe me".

Don't forget the cryptic "you don't know what you don't know" fallback.

Let's face it, these fantastic conspiracy-theories are much more interesting than the sad, Cheesie-eating lives that most conspiracy-theorists live in their Moms' basements.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:17 pm 

Quadzilla wrote:
ripblade wrote:
Quadzilla wrote:

Dunno....

I think that conspiracy-theorists are socially-awkward and share a number of mental conditions, like paranoia and delusions of grandeur ... because they thrive on the self-important belief that they 'know' more than everyone else does ... and they desperately want to be the 'go-to' guys for the 'truth'. Oddly enough, few of them are capable of independent thought and they can only resort to posting endless web links rather than any sort of well-reasoned personal opinions.

-- 03 Mar 2017 18:00 --

audiocat wrote:

Don't forget the cryptic "you don't know what you don't know" fallback.

What it is (imo) is the rot of the religious mind. What happens the conspiracy theorist can not cope with the brainwashing that has happened to them over the course of time. Even if they are detached from any religion their fear of mortality weighs in.

So what happens is this. They are offered a story that requires a suspension in reality. It might be mystic or somehow sits in the form of gov. classified info. This is when their subconscious processing kicks in. They accept an after life as a possiblity from their religious beliefs. Accepting that paves the way for their malfunction in accepting non-evidence to believe the conspiracy theory they just heard.

Subconciousily they make this fallacy. If I can accept that there is an afterlife with no evidence. Then I can surely accept this conspiracy theory with no evidence. Since it appeals to a bias. I can give that conspiracy theory a thumbs up. Believing in a conspiracy theory is at the root of it, letting your fears run the show.

Religion is rot for the brain. It really is and it quite literally skews your entire thinking processes. Even in sujects outside religion.

Last edited by audiocat on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:19 pm 

Life is full of mysteries. The more we understand, the more questions we have.
Attachment:
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg [ 5.99 KiB | Viewed 1786 times ]

Attachments:
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg [ 5.99 KiB | Viewed 1786 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next