Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 242  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13865
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Che Cavolo wrote:
Teo Audio wrote:
I came up with a line the other day, you guys might appreciate it, and use it in the odd expected and coming context(s):

"Trumpian Dotardisms"

We await the next issuance....

eg, I don't follow this stuff, but was recently made aware that a few were put forth at the UN, apparently.

Politicians come and go like slow moving toilet paper, so I tend to not pay much attention.

I mostly look for the hand that slides them about -the one that does the unrolling, application, and then disposal of.



"It's a euphenism!", like that?

An 'unpresidented' one at that.

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Teo Audio wrote:
I came up with a line the other day, you guys might appreciate it, and use it in the odd expected and coming context(s):

"Trumpian Dotardisms"

We await the next issuance....

eg, I don't follow this stuff, but was recently made aware that a few were put forth at the UN, apparently.

Politicians come and go like slow moving toilet paper, so I tend to not pay much attention.

I mostly look for the hand that slides them about -the one that does the unrolling, application, and then disposal of.


I still think you'd like to crawl into bed and cuddle up to Trump.

_________________
I'll hold it while you chew it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 am
Posts: 1471
Location: Copenhagen, , DK
Here we go again, *sigh* http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/859117/North-Korea-news-Donald-Trump-military-option-Kim-Jong-un --- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/north-korea-latest-news-trump-war-kimg-jong-un-military-action-option-pyongyang-a7968811.html

Attachment:
maxresdefault[1].jpg
maxresdefault[1].jpg [ 132.84 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]

Attachment:
_87589641_87589537[1].jpg
_87589641_87589537[1].jpg [ 23.2 KiB | Viewed 302 times ]

Image


Genetic wrote:
Both are still going in the right direction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22tna7KHzI

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
^^^^Classic case of Trump calling the Jung kettle black.

_________________
I'll hold it while you chew it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 3895
Location: Ingersoll, ON, CA
45 had a good day today in Indianapolis.
He has pretty much determined that America is open for business (with themselves), found a guy that can build a fence (a great fence) for a few bucks, solved unemployment,reduced taxes (for himself) and has solved the healthcare problem. WOW! He is awesome!!
When he learns how to write I want an autograph. I'm betting it'll be a great one.
Hail to the theif.

_________________
He who is like the wind blowing from your pants.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2018
Location: Québec, QC, CA
Sorry to be back to the Football controversy but I just read how bad Trumpy hated the NFL to begin with:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a4 ... rump-usfl/


Attachments:
1452642983-trump-check.jpg
1452642983-trump-check.jpg [ 63.21 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]
170923185227-trump-usfl-780x439.jpg
170923185227-trump-usfl-780x439.jpg [ 112.88 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Genetic wrote:
Sorry to be back to the Football controversy but I just read how bad Trumpy hated the NFL to begin with:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a4 ... rump-usfl/



I hope he spent all in one place. haha $3

_________________
I'll hold it while you chew it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 am
Posts: 227
Location: Abbotsford, BC, CA
To start off, herr Don Cherry is an idiot. The sooner he goes-along with D Trump the better.
I know Bombardier is dealing with scandals ,but I think our PM should cancel the Boeing fighter contract and look to Europe for a replacement. I think it is about time that this route should be taken.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2018
Location: Québec, QC, CA
hifikid wrote:
To start off, herr Don Cherry is an idiot. The sooner he goes-along with D Trump the better.
I know Bombardier is dealing with scandals ,but I think our PM should cancel the Boeing fighter contract and look to Europe for a replacement. I think it is about time that this route should be taken.


Not sure if an open trade war will have a positive outcome for Canada. In fact Boeing Canada could also shut down all activities in other parts of the country:

http://www.boeing.ca/boeing-in-canada.page?

Bombardier is under incompetent management for a very long time and now with the ''Make America Great Again'' the US will choke them to death. Regardless of being on the right side for the next court battle, the futur of Bombardier is looking pretty bad unless we like the China alternative..... :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 7854
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
"Action Man".
Wouldn't you lift it when it was clear the place was going to get hit hard, rather than a week later?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41431138

_________________
"I'm not Inspector Gadget!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 am
Posts: 227
Location: Abbotsford, BC, CA
Genetic wrote:
hifikid wrote:
To start off, herr Don Cherry is an idiot. The sooner he goes-along with D Trump the better.
I know Bombardier is dealing with scandals ,but I think our PM should cancel the Boeing fighter contract and look to Europe for a replacement. I think it is about time that this route should be taken.


Not sure if an open trade war will have a positive outcome for Canada. In fact Boeing Canada could also shut down all activities in other parts of the country:

http://www.boeing.ca/boeing-in-canada.page?

Bombardier is under incompetent management for a very long time and now with the ''Make America Great Again'' the US will choke them to death. Regardless of being on the right side for the next court battle, the futur of Bombardier is looking pretty bad unless we like the China alternative..... :(

Yes, it does not look good for Bombardier and your right it is being incompetently run. With Siemans Industry and a French co. in the rail industry joining together; the Quebec's firm is headed that way. They should of put all their eggs into one basic. Mainly the c series pass jet. With higher tariffs in the lumber industry and now with the c series isn't it about time to rumple the feathers of the mighty USA and look to Europe for a replacement fighter and get help from the British government to save the Bombardier jet? After all N Ireland jobs are at stake. Not that I'm against the US, I love the USofA but Canada seems to be taking a back seat and we need to stand up for ourselves. Remember the arrow fighter jet?
If their are a number of states that pay low or no taxes eg. Texas than how can we compete ? To me that's a subsidy and I'm sure Boeing has received their fare share.
Now the hurricane afflicted areas are seeking help and where are they going ? There going to the Washington bank vault.
Just a peasant's -as others would say- 2 cents worth.
To lazy to proof read this so please forgive for any inaccuracies.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13865
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Genetic wrote:
hifikid wrote:
To start off, herr Don Cherry is an idiot. The sooner he goes-along with D Trump the better.
I know Bombardier is dealing with scandals ,but I think our PM should cancel the Boeing fighter contract and look to Europe for a replacement. I think it is about time that this route should be taken.


Not sure if an open trade war will have a positive outcome for Canada. In fact Boeing Canada could also shut down all activities in other parts of the country:

http://www.boeing.ca/boeing-in-canada.page?

Bombardier is under incompetent management for a very long time and now with the ''Make America Great Again'' the US will choke them to death. Regardless of being on the right side for the next court battle, the futur of Bombardier is looking pretty bad unless we like the China alternative..... :(

I think it'll all blow over. This is Boeing's way of forcing Canada to buy their fighter jets. Boeing didn't bid on the Delta contract because they don't build 100 seat passenger jets.

So why the dispute? Think IBM'S Phoenix and IBM's newly signed blank cheque to fix it.

Trudeau says he won't deal with companies that are suing Canada. I wish it were true.

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 3895
Location: Ingersoll, ON, CA
Speaking of plane business, this tid-bit is from The Hill.
Trump administration forcing Puerto Rico evacuees to pay for transportation.
The Trump administration is forcing Americans seeking evacuation from Puerto Rico to sign promissory notes ensuring full repayment for transportation costs, and is keeping evacuees' passports as collateral, according to a new report.

Market Watch reported on Thursday that the State Department is using longstanding but discretionary policy to ensure that evacuees are shouldered with the transportation costs, which according to the website are based off of "the price of the last commercial one-way, full-fare (not discounted) economy ticket prior to the crisis."

Evacuees who surrender their passports under this system don't see them returned until payment is received.

45 needs the money I guess. Walls to be built, people to deport, NFL s.o.b's to fire, probes to dodge, KKK donations.
Hard times.

_________________
He who is like the wind blowing from your pants.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2018
Location: Québec, QC, CA
Trump administration air economy class... :mrgreen:


Attachments:
6d35e75cfd60e1e5f5511cc5d575145c--private-jet-interior-luxury-private-jets.jpg
6d35e75cfd60e1e5f5511cc5d575145c--private-jet-interior-luxury-private-jets.jpg [ 75.09 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 7854
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Just when you think he has lowered the bar as far as it will go, he finds another notch....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 75476.html

-- 30 Sep 2017 11:24 --

mahatma1 wrote:
Speaking of plane business, this tid-bit is from The Hill.
Trump administration forcing Puerto Rico evacuees to pay for transportation.
The Trump administration is forcing Americans seeking evacuation from Puerto Rico to sign promissory notes ensuring full repayment for transportation costs, and is keeping evacuees' passports as collateral, according to a new report.

Market Watch reported on Thursday that the State Department is using longstanding but discretionary policy to ensure that evacuees are shouldered with the transportation costs, which according to the website are based off of "the price of the last commercial one-way, full-fare (not discounted) economy ticket prior to the crisis."

Evacuees who surrender their passports under this system don't see them returned until payment is received.

45 needs the money I guess. Walls to be built, people to deport, NFL s.o.b's to fire, probes to dodge, KKK donations.
Hard times.


This was later withdrawn by the Hill, but the US did do this lately to the DR. How is this 'aid'?

_________________
"I'm not Inspector Gadget!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 242  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group