Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 561  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 1710
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
DAG Rosenstein fends off a barrage of jabs & overhand rights from the House Judiciary Committee to take Round 1 easily.
This could be the beginning of a process that sees several possible outcomes,including the neutering of Mueller or the dusting off of Article2/Section4 of the Constitution hashtag DT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 20376
Location: Everywhere
dupont62 wrote:
DAG Rosenstein fends off a barrage of jabs & overhand rights from the House Judiciary Committee to take Round 1 easily.
This could be the beginning of a process that sees several possible outcomes,including the neutering of Mueller or the dusting off of Article2/Section4 of the Constitution hashtag DT.



I'll take..."What is the latter?" for 2 thousand Alex...

Andy Borowitz on marc ....errrrr... I mean Trumpalump: "Trump Questions Authenticity of Video Showing Him Endorsing Roy Moore in Front of Thousands of People"

_________________
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. James A Baldwin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 14727
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
marc mc wrote:
ripblade wrote:
marc mc wrote:

FTR the Dem's should have let Roy Moore win big. His win would have crushed the Republicans reputation and standing in 2018. They could have crushed every policy with "yah but you elected a predator to the senate who longs for the days of slavery" and attacked Trump with his accusers til the cows come home. However.....unable to think strategically they went for a lame duck senate win with Jones and Moore and all his rediculous statements and the endless accusations against him will be swept away and forgotten instead of hung around all republicans necks. They killed the gift that would have kept on giving for years to come.
You make it sound like the Dems had some magical ability to control the outcome when all they did was present a candidate. It was Moore's big mouth that lost him the election; apparently, most blacks disagree that the last time America was great was during the slave years, so most of them showed up at the polls to put him in his place. Otherwise, the race was so close you'd think Alabamans don't have a problem with older guys trying to pick up underage girls.


Not magic, they should have crashed the get out the vote, pulled Jones's cash, sat him down and said "let the guy win" ran let Roy win ads.....gave money to the GOP........anything. Just let this 20 year nightmare win.

The Republicans IMO dodged the biggest bullet of all time. News on Roy Moore will be at the bottom of bird cages in a week.

FTR....it's no wonder the Dem's didn't act strategically......they still do not see the opportunity missed. :roll: :wink:

Except you missed one thing... politics is all about winning.... nobody enters a race to come in second.... there's no money in it.... especially in politics. Makes you wonder how people could be fooled into a promise to drain the swamp, by a guy who's in it up to his teeth....it's all about the money.

Sorry to say, but your agenda was never going to happen....wasnt even on the table. Instead we get continued decline of the middle class. Isn't that Great?

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 20376
Location: Everywhere
...just in from Globe & Mail on-line...

"Mr. Moore represented the simplest kind of moral test for America – "Do you approve of pedophilia? Do you countenance slavery?" – and the Republicans managed to fail it anyway.

Fortunately, the people of Alabama did not – and by that I mean primarily Alabama's black voters, who came out in full force to vote for Democrat Doug Jones, a lawyer best known for his prosecution of Ku Klux Klan members who bombed a black church. They came out despite repressive new ID laws designed to suppress their voices. Mr. Jones's win was definitive, but amid widespread reports of disenfranchisement, I suspect that without suppression his margin of victory would have been even higher."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... sf_globefb

_________________
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. James A Baldwin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Dodge City, NB, CA
I suppose that after everything that's gone on in the states that it shouldn't surprise me but it still does that they ( meaning the people of Alabama ) would have let Moore run never mind the fact that such a high percentage of them actually voted for him.

_________________
BE KIND TO THE UNKIND...THEY NEED IT THE MOST.
Especially Trump supporters, nature already played a cruel joke on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2999
Location: Québec, QC, CA
Not that blind after all..... :wink:


Attachments:
BBoA+Photo+1.jpg
BBoA+Photo+1.jpg [ 153.26 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 20376
Location: Everywhere
...interlude...


Attachments:
24993610_2158460960846699_4470902644586626933_n.jpg
24993610_2158460960846699_4470902644586626933_n.jpg [ 30.17 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

_________________
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. James A Baldwin
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 2699
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
marc mc wrote:
ripblade wrote:
marc mc wrote:

FTR the Dem's should have let Roy Moore win big. His win would have crushed the Republicans reputation and standing in 2018. They could have crushed every policy with "yah but you elected a predator to the senate who longs for the days of slavery" and attacked Trump with his accusers til the cows come home. However.....unable to think strategically they went for a lame duck senate win with Jones and Moore and all his rediculous statements and the endless accusations against him will be swept away and forgotten instead of hung around all republicans necks. They killed the gift that would have kept on giving for years to come.
You make it sound like the Dems had some magical ability to control the outcome when all they did was present a candidate. It was Moore's big mouth that lost him the election; apparently, most blacks disagree that the last time America was great was during the slave years, so most of them showed up at the polls to put him in his place. Otherwise, the race was so close you'd think Alabamans don't have a problem with older guys trying to pick up underage girls.



Not magic, they should have crashed the get out the vote, pulled Jones's cash, sat him down and said "let the guy win" ran let Roy win ads.....gave money to the GOP........anything. Just let this 20 year nightmare win.

The Republicans IMO dodged the biggest bullet of all time. News on Roy Moore will be at the bottom of bird cages in a week.

FTR....it's no wonder the Dem's didn't act strategically......they still do not see the opportunity missed. :roll: :wink:


Is this how - hate - makes a plan?

_________________
I'll hold it while you Trump it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 2699
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
This is what religion in government sounds like. Great example of using fear to control. Exactly how Trump won. Everything Roy Moore said was false or baseless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... b24729c6ae

_________________
I'll hold it while you Trump it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 9480
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Another example of how deep Presidink Chump and his crew's incompetence runs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 11826.html

And the London borough of Greenwich has 'banned' Chump from visiting there... :lol:

_________________
"There's no place like Space...."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 20376
Location: Everywhere
Che Cavolo wrote:

And the London borough of Greenwich has 'banned' Chump from visiting there... :lol:


He'd be the first :lol:

_________________
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. James A Baldwin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2999
Location: Québec, QC, CA
Che Cavolo wrote:
Another example of how deep Presidink Chump and his crew's incompetence runs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 11826.html



As a student I worked for a few law professors who made the transition from teaching law to being a judge. They all had the brain to accept a position to a higher Court division where they didn't have to face procedural law in a live setting in a day to day basis.

Sort of felling bad for the guy who obviously took a chance and got burnt....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 20376
Location: Everywhere
Genetic wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:
Another example of how deep Presidink Chump and his crew's incompetence runs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 11826.html



As a student I worked for a few law professors who made the transition from teaching law to being a judge. They all had the brain to accept a position to a higher Court division where they didn't have to face procedural law in a live setting in a day to day basis.

Sort of felling bad for the guy who obviously took a chance and got burnt....


Trump asks potential 3rd nominee if he's interested...his reply..."no hablo ingles" :lol:

_________________
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. James A Baldwin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 2699
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Genetic wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:
Another example of how deep Presidink Chump and his crew's incompetence runs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 11826.html



As a student I worked for a few law professors who made the transition from teaching law to being a judge. They all had the brain to accept a position to a higher Court division where they didn't have to face procedural law in a live setting in a day to day basis.

Sort of felling bad for the guy who obviously took a chance and got burnt....


The guy can learn how to checkmate procedural law. Vodka man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5h6iE_HD_g

_________________
I'll hold it while you Trump it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 2999
Location: Québec, QC, CA
And stay away from horses...


Attachments:
12-14sassyroymoorejpg-3f79741508f5b05b.jpg
12-14sassyroymoorejpg-3f79741508f5b05b.jpg [ 337.11 KiB | Viewed 307 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 561  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group