Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:07 pm 

Hey ANDRÉ, my vote will go for SONUS FABER GUARNERI EVOLUTION, best of both world, small inclosure with weight in the sound and
BALLS.......................

-- 05 Aug 2014 00:09 --

Hey ANDRÉ, my vote will go for SONUS FABER GUARNERI EVOLUTION, best of both world, small inclosure with weight in the sound and

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 pm 

[quote="elrocco"]Hey ANDRÉ, my vote will go for SONUS FABER GUARNERI EVOLUTION, best of both world, small inclosure with weight in the sound and

Hey elrocco i know that you are about to buy these speakers i have no problem with that BUT the best that YOU have heard that i don't believe you did hear the Raidho D-1s right. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm 

If i could make a suggestion i do not know the seller but i know of him if you are looking for a DEAL don't miss this one IF i did not have Acoustat's i would have bought these for sure a TREMENDOUS deal.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... r-extrema/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:53 pm 

energizer bunny.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 pm 

Dynaco A25 $50 bucks for the pair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm 

For me it's Harbeth SHL5 or Ethera Vitae (an absolute must!)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 am 

Erik wrote:
The Raidho's were best of show at Taves IMO. Incredibly low distortion, nothing for the brain to fill in, just clear unadulterated reproduction of music. Beautiful.

Just stupidly expensive.

X2 I thought they were the best thing I heard at TAVES....... I loved them until she told me the price :shock:

I don't know how many people are looking for $27,000.00 Bookshelf Speakers, but if you are the Raidho's should be on your short list :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 pm 

analogluvr wrote:
Erik wrote:
The Raidho's were best of show at Taves IMO. Incredibly low distortion, nothing for the brain to fill in, just clear unadulterated reproduction of music. Beautiful.

Just stupidly expensive.

Really! For me not at all! I guess it depends on what you heard them playing and what you value yada, yada...
I found the single driver with the macallister electronics nicer and the other single driver next to Audioeden powered by the master sound, forget the names,
Ymmv
Raidho didn't go low enough, not enough scale as Marc mc would say.

You mean to have preferred the Coherent audio speakers?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:40 pm 

I would like to throw another speaker into the hat
yes I'm biased because I own them but the Ridge Street Sason has to be considered in this group

As far as a suggestion as the "best high end monitor" - I am a HUGE fan of the Ridgestreet Audio Sason granite monitor. There are many things within this speaker's design that seem to be missing from other monitors such as very unique impedance matched cost no object internal wiring and "best of the best" crossover components and the complete elimination of binding posts, cryod tweeters and much more to boot. The cumulation of all of these details combined don't even exist in speakers like Magicos, Kharmas (or anything I know of under the $10k mark

They do need power and a fair sized room but they will not disapoint IMO of course

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 am 

The Ridge Street Sason may be a very good speaker BUT a bookshelf it isn't, i do agree that a $12,500.00 speaker for $7,500.00 is a good deal and that they are very nice speakers, but they do not belong in this group sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:16 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Paulmoraw wrote:
Pretty much any Harbeth is my reference Bookshelf/standmount my favorite of those being the m30.1. Honorable mention goes to the Reference 3a MM de Cappo I especially with tubes.

I have heard both these speakers and frankly, IMO, the Reference 3A's eat the Harbeths for breakfast.

8)

I used to have the decapo be, I dont know about 30.1 but I much prefer my P3ESR with a good sub or amphion one18.

the decapo are very good though, but as the measurements shows, a bit out of contorl in the upper range

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:21 pm 

I really enjoy my Revox Picollo MKII 's...a step up from my Minimus 7s which I rather enjoy too. Or my Sonab C10's.....sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am 

Huge fan of the DF StudioMonitor 65. Have them as my 2 rears in my 5.1 system and really love them. They're pretty highly regarded too https://www.householdaudio.com/best-bookshelf-speakers/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

celticcarver wrote:
Dynaco A25 $50 bucks for the pair.

+1
Ott.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:31 pm 

You can put the Dynaco A25 on a bookshelf, but it's just as good as a standmount, if not better.

Oh heck, "best" is as personal as it gets. No arguing with any of the choices here. Still, it probably bears pointing out that "best" means best across the board, not just best value.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next