Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:26 am 

http://speakerholic.blogspot.ca/2013/11 ... ement.html

Maybe an option

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 pm 

Trev wrote:

tubemannick wrote:

I cannot see any of the pictures, am I the only one?

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:34 pm 

AudiOhm wrote:
Trev wrote:

tubemannick wrote:

Regards
Ohms

You may be the only one, Ohms. They come up fine for me. Could be either your browser or an add-in/extension that's blocking it.

jeffdewe wrote:
I'm also going down a different path. I purchased a pair of D27TG3506 on sale for $67.63 including shipping and taxes from http://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/tweeters/d27tg3506/
spec's
Manufacturer PEERLESS
Tweeter Type Silk Dome Tweeter
Cone / Dome Diameter 25mm
Impedance 6 ohms
Power Handling (RMS) 225W
Resonance Frequency 650 Hz -20,000 Hz
Sensitivity 91 dB

I'm going to make these fit one way or another. They sure as heck go low enough to crossover at 1500Hz. I'll keep you updated on how it goes when they come in next week.
Jeff

Nice to see this thread revived. I'd like to know how it goes with this tweeter, both in the whole swapping process and the final sound.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:44 pm 

Odd, I did not do anything but the pics are showing up fine now... :oops:

Excellent opportunity to repair the ill fated tweeters...

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:59 am 

Can anyone tell me if there is someone that can replace the Ferro-fluid if the coils are still good? I'm in Vancouver area.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:59 am 

Vancouver Speaker Clinic repairs and services them...some people have had them do preventative maintenance with a fluid refresh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 pm 

I have doubt about the real efficacity of the ferro-fluid. And i'm not the only technicien......in this case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm 

davelr wrote:
AudiOhm wrote:
Trev wrote:

tubemannick wrote:

Regards
Ohms

You may be the only one, Ohms. They come up fine for me. Could be either your browser or an add-in/extension that's blocking it.

jeffdewe wrote:
I'm also going down a different path. I purchased a pair of D27TG3506 on sale for $67.63 including shipping and taxes from http://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/tweeters/d27tg3506/
spec's
Manufacturer PEERLESS
Impedance 6 ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB

I'm going to make these fit one way or another. They sure as heck go low enough to crossover at 1500Hz. I'll keep you updated on how it goes when they come in next week.
Jeff

Nice to see this thread revived. I'd like to know how it goes with this tweeter, both in the whole swapping process and the final sound.

Just wondered if the Peerless tweeters worked out?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 pm 

Am I dreaming or did Boa from Centek in Ottawa not buy the guy from Halifax's tooling and parts? I'm sure I saw that mentioned here somewhere on CAM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm 

jeffdewe wrote:
spec's
Manufacturer PEERLESS
Impedance 6 ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB

Jeff

Nice to see this thread revived. I'd like to know how it goes with this tweeter, both in the whole swapping process and the final sound.[/quote]

Just wondered if the Peerless tweeters worked out?[/quote]
Well I just finally managed to find someone in the USA to machine new faceplates for the tweeters and I'll have them sometime next week, he just finished them today. Here's what they look like. Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:11 pm 

vintagefreak wrote:
i suggest that the op keep an eye out here and other sites for the tweeters and that he doesnt have to limit himself to actual energy pro 22 , should look for sound dynamics too

yeah, because those sd spun aluminum tweets are bulletproof....not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:57 am 

kukakunga wrote:
Am I dreaming or did Boa from Centek in Ottawa not buy the guy from Halifax's tooling and parts? I'm sure I saw that mentioned here somewhere on CAM.

I have been speaking with Chris at ABI-Tech in Halifax recently; he is still rebuilding the 22 tweeters. I'm about to send a pair off to him this week actually.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am 

jeffdewe wrote:
jeffdewe wrote:
spec's
Manufacturer PEERLESS
Impedance 6 ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB

Jeff

Just wondered if the Peerless tweeters worked out?[/quote]
Well I just finally managed to find someone in the USA to machine new faceplates for the tweeters and I'll have them sometime next week, he just finished them today. Here's what they look like. Image[/quote]

They did an GREAT job on the mounting plates. I'm a fan of these little floor standers? I never did own or even hear a set. It would be fun to back to back compare 22's with later 22.2 and 4.1e

Attachments:
1109802-energy-22-reference-connoisseur-rosewood.jpg
1109802-energy-22-reference-connoisseur-rosewood.jpg [ 282.7 KiB | Viewed 642 times ]
1392678-energy-2ie-bookshelf-speakers.jpg
1392678-energy-2ie-bookshelf-speakers.jpg [ 267.58 KiB | Viewed 642 times ]
285311-fs_energy_222_speakers_with_stands.jpg
285311-fs_energy_222_speakers_with_stands.jpg [ 104.08 KiB | Viewed 642 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:42 pm 

oneoffaudio wrote:
jeffdewe wrote:
jeffdewe wrote:
spec's
Manufacturer PEERLESS
Impedance 6 ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB

Jeff

Just wondered if the Peerless tweeters worked out?

Well I just finally managed to find someone in the USA to machine new faceplates for the tweeters and I'll have them sometime next week, he just finished them today. Here's what they look like. Image[/quote]

They did an GREAT job on the mounting plates. I'm a fan of these little floor standers? I never did own or even hear a set. It would be fun to back to back compare 22's with later 22.2 and 4.1e[/quote]
The last 2 didn't have the million dollar tweeter so they probably didn't sell as well, Once Energy was sold of to Klipsch which was one there main competitors, So Klipsch made energy speakers will a lot less quality and they went down hill very quickly to a run of mill speaker. Nothing like they used to be. I wouldn't buy a modern one.

-- 02 Aug 2017 21:45 --

If anyone wanted a set made just contact Luke Hultquist at this FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/6657813 ... 7453259422
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:14 am 

The hyperbolic. The later may not have a "million dollar tweeter" but do have some other fine design elements. Energy was one of those makes you can have a good deal of fun for not a ton of money. I'm picking these up tomorrow, reviews and build made them a tempting offer to try out. Loud clean midrange value is what attracted me. I will hook them up in 2.1 with peerless 10" folded horn. http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/ener ... ni_s83.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next