Canuck Audio MartCanuck Audio Mart
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm 

Hello to all audiophiles that are interested in Acoustat's speakers, here are photos of a modified pair of 1+1s all steel frame filled with silica sand + medaillon panels + very special interfaces modified by my friend Jocelyn with 2010 special parts.

PS: There is lot's of work on these panels, they sound wonderful and i want to thank my friend Jocelyn for ALL the work he as done, the first picture is the final result 200 pounds of pure heaven, if you wish there are more photos 11 pages in my Flickr galery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

Attachments:
Salon 03 1000x750.jpg
Salon 03 1000x750.jpg [ 160.95 KiB | Viewed 884 times ]
Acoustat 1+1 1000 X 750.jpg
Acoustat 1+1 1000 X 750.jpg [ 163.04 KiB | Viewed 884 times ]
Interface Acoustat 1000 x 750.jpg
Interface Acoustat 1000 x 750.jpg [ 230.04 KiB | Viewed 884 times ]

Last edited by MrAcoustat on Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm 
Premium User

I believe that what makes greater sense than "steel Acoustats" is to use angle iron bolted from floor to ceiling making the panels rigid and part of the house structure.

I have heard of people doing just that to get amazing bass.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 pm 

Acushla wrote:
I believe that what makes greater sense than "steel Acoustats" is to use angle iron bolted from floor to ceiling making the panels rigid and part of the house structure.

I agree, but try that in a normal living room, it could be a major case for divorce, yes my wife is understanding but there's a limit, at least this way they can be moved, ( difficult but they can ) and believe me i have plenty of bass, ask my neighbor every time i have friends over he come's knocking at my door to ask me if i can lower the BASS not the volume but the BASS and i have to repeat when there's bass in the music there's bass in the room, then i ask him politely to leave.

Last edited by MrAcoustat on Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:04 pm 

Very nice Mr A, a friend of mine had a custom frame made up for the 2+2(he uses the tube servo amps) and he had the wiring replaced with better high voltage wire(he's an electrician) and the difference was very nice.It wasn't metal but very hard laminated wood.

I almost bought them from him when he was downsizing, but they were about 2 inches too high for my basement.

I guess I could have bolted them to the rafters, but sometimes reason has to prevail.

Great job, you have a true friend indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm 
Premium User

In two or three weeks I will be posting images of my 'new' Acoustat setup...this time involving 2 Trans-Nova 120 Power Amps 'Bridged' and all cabling by Magnan in my 1000 sq. ft. Studio/Loft with 12 ft. high ceilings...the Interfaces to my 1+1's have been 'upgraded' including the exclusive 'Air Mod'...all work performed by Roy A. Esposito, a key member of the Acoustat Corp. original engineering staff for many years who worked alongside Jim Strickland who designed Acoustat...

Can you say: 'Getting excited?'

:)

-- 14 Jan 2011 22:24 --

MrAcoustat wrote:
...when there's bass in the music there's bass in the room...

More to that statement than a lot of people probably realize...

...not us at CANUCK though...lol!

Last edited by Ishis on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm 

MrAcoustat wrote:
Acushla wrote:

I agree, but try that in a normal living room, it could be a major case for divorce, yes my wife is understanding but there's a limit, at least this way they can be moved, ( difficult but they can ) and believe me i have plenty of bass, ask my neighborg every time i have friends over he come's knocking at the door to ask me if i can lower the BASS not the volume but the BASS and i have to repeat when there's bass in the music there's bass in the room, then i ask him politely to leave.

You have BASS, Andre!
What a wonderful job from your friend, and kudo's for making this broad move.
The pic's are cool!

Have you filled them at all? Ladder, bud? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 pm 

Congratulations Andre,

I guess we now all know where your loto winnings went from your retirement party. I hope that you enjoy them and that they are everything that you hoped they would be. :D

I know that all of us here are very happy for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm 

yournamehere wrote:
MrAcoustat wrote:
Acushla wrote:

I agree, but try that in a normal living room, it could be a major case for divorce, yes my wife is understanding but there's a limit, at least this way they can be moved, ( difficult but they can ) and believe me i have plenty of bass, ask my neighborg every time i have friends over he come's knocking at the door to ask me if i can lower the BASS not the volume but the BASS and i have to repeat when there's bass in the music there's bass in the room, then i ask him politely to leave.

You have BASS, Andre!
What a wonderful job from your friend, and kudo's for making this broad move.
The pic's are cool!

Have you filled them at all? Ladder, bud? :lol:

Beleive it or not yournamehere , they where filled up before the move, he had more room to work on them in his garage than in my condo one of the reasons it took three guys to bring them up 40 stairs to my condo yes i know GREAT FRIENDS.

-- 15 Jan 2011 01:15 --

Kartmn wrote:
Congratulations Andre,

I guess we now all know where your loto winnings went from your retirement party. I hope that you enjoy them and that they are everything that you hoped they would be. :D

I know that all of us here are very happy for you.

Thank's Kartmn, i'm very happy and they are everything i tought they would be and MORE.

-- 15 Jan 2011 01:19 --

Acushla wrote:
In two or three weeks I will be posting images of my 'new' Acoustat setup...this time involving 2 Trans-Nova 120 Power Amps 'Bridged' and all cabling by Magnan in my 1000 sq. ft. Studio/Loft with 12 ft. high ceilings...the Interfaces to my 1+1's have been 'upgraded' including the exclusive 'Air Mod'...all worked performed by Roy A. Esposito, a key member of the Acoustat Corp. original engineering staff for many years who worked alongside Jim Strickland who designed Acoustat...

MrAcoustat wrote:

Cogratulation Acushla, you should be very happy with your Acoustat's, Roy Esposito his the man in the U.S.A. for Acoustat's the man in Canada his in Quebec much closer for me his name is Jocelyn Jeanson he is in contact with Mike Saputo - Andy Szabo - Ed Meitner - and others all Acoustat freaks like us except i have no clue of the parts that go inside all i do is listend i have been doing this for more then 25 years and i let these guys worry about what goes inside.

Last edited by MrAcoustat on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:57 am 

Somehow I just knew that André's system woudn't stay the same once he started listening to it 70H a week (probably more but he won't admit it .... LOL!) When I retire I'm going to have to sell my systems off just to be able to eat ... :cry:

Last edited by OBI56 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 am 

OBI56 wrote:
Somehow I just knew that André's system woudn't stay theame once he started listening to it 70H a week (probably more but he won't admit it .... LOL!) When I retire I'm going to have to sell my systems off just to be able to eat ... :cry:

Hi buddy hope your feeling better, let me know when your ready for a little get together, it could be in the day or at night or even on the weekend you know i'm a free man now i have PLENTY of time on my hands and i LOVE IT.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 am 

Ah yes Mr A., the sweet life of retirement, there is nothing like it.

One long summer holiday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 am 

MrA. when you get your next CD playback system please keep track of the discs (tracks) and SPL level.
I will guess your neighbour will complain less as the bass frequencies specifically will be more controlled. Bass only-the frequencies will be faster shorter more controlled. when this happens the vibrations dont set up into the buldings structure causing as many sympathetic vibrations to occur. Longer, deeper more mllisecond result compared to a very much faster more micro-second result soundwave wise...This is a theory I have that may or may not be shared. I am beginning to know about vibrations and sound waves and air current similarities do respect them as they occur naturally in nature and all forms of instruments. Additionally lots of proprietary sofware and filters used by top shelf manufacturers have adjustment altering the sound. can you let us know the neighbour result? My wife complained less about the bass when I switched to a better playback system and I thought I was playing nearfield louder!!!!! But I actually turned the source down...My volumn control is not fine enough and I suspect this is why we will eventually see pre-pre-pre amp for volume control on UltraFi systems. Funny but digital through computer has exactly that right now.

For those that have not experienced it-All one needs to do is listen to an early era CD you THINK sounds harsh. Then play the same CD on a great new/modern transport/DAC one piece or multi-piece, and you will get fantastic bass but the high frequencies will still be non ultrasonic clear. Now listen to the same CD with a good remastering better bass, more control more there there but much more detail and approaching ultrasonic. Now listen to a Bluray remastered audio codec I believe you will hear super controlled bass, details comming out your rectum and ultra high fidelity sonics that seem to not only twirl around your head but seem to go far into the stratosphere way beyond what your ears can hear. I call this Blusound or UltraFi. If it is recorded to be so or Remastered to be so or upsampled to be so makes no difference....

This is the best form or sound room, sound wave, playback listening control...It is the ultimate source played back through a synergystic system ending at the ear. Remember this chain has a beginning -the source and an end the speaker.

Everyones ear will hear the very same music through the very same chain at the very same SPL differently. I would love to hear those Monster Acoustats and speak to your friend about bracing, materials etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:50 pm 

Chuck Lee wrote:
Ah yes Mr A., the sweet life of retirement, there is nothing like it.

One long summer holiday.

Yes your right, it's about the only thing good about getting OLD.

-- 18 Jan 2011 22:21 --

speedy1 wrote:
MrA. when you get your next CD playback system please keep track of the discs (tracks) and SPL level.
I will guess your neighbour will complain less as the bass frequencies specifically will be more controlled. Bass only-the frequencies will be faster shorter more controlled. when this happens the vibrations dont set up into the buldings structure causing as many sympathetic vibrations to occur. Longer, deeper more mllisecond result compared to a very much faster more micro-second result soundwave wise...This is a theory I have that may or may not be shared. I am beginning to know about vibrations and sound waves and air current similarities do respect them as they occur naturally in nature and all forms of instruments. Additionally lots of proprietary sofware and filters used by top shelf manufacturers have adjustment altering the sound. can you let us know the neighbour result? My wife complained less about the bass when I switched to a better playback system and I thought I was playing nearfield louder!!!!! But I actually turned the source down...My volumn control is not fine enough and I suspect this is why we will eventually see pre-pre-pre amp for volume control on UltraFi systems. Funny but digital through computer has exactly that right now.

For those that have not experienced it-All one needs to do is listen to an early era CD you THINK sounds harsh. Then play the same CD on a great new/modern transport/DAC one piece or multi-piece, and you will get fantastic bass but the high frequencies will still be non ultrasonic clear. Now listen to the same CD with a good remastering better bass, more control more there there but much more detail and approaching ultrasonic. Now listen to a Bluray remastered audio codec I believe you will hear super controlled bass, details comming out your rectum and ultra high fidelity sonics that seem to not only twirl around your head but seem to go far into the stratosphere way beyond what your ears can hear. I call this Blusound or UltraFi. If it is recorded to be so or Remastered to be so or upsampled to be so makes no difference....

This is the best form or sound room, sound wave, playback listening control...It is the ultimate source played back through a synergystic system ending at the ear. Remember this chain has a beginning -the source and an end the speaker.

Everyones ear will hear the very same music through the very same chain at the very same SPL differently. I would love to hear those Monster Acoustats and speak to your friend about bracing, materials etc.

Hi speedy1, Friday january 21st IF the weather permits i will be sitting in the sweet spot of that monster system in Kingsbury Quebec yes it's a good ride but when i get there i will be in HEAVEN contrary to my place where i'm in heaven same great sound BUT much smaller here's the place.

-- 22 May 2011 22:52 --

Acushla wrote:
In two or three weeks I will be posting images of my 'new' Acoustat setup...this time involving 2 Trans-Nova 120 Power Amps 'Bridged' and all cabling by Magnan in my 1000 sq. ft. Studio/Loft with 12 ft. high ceilings...the Interfaces to my 1+1's have been 'upgraded' including the exclusive 'Air Mod'...all work performed by Roy A. Esposito, a key member of the Acoustat Corp. original engineering staff for many years who worked alongside Jim Strickland who designed Acoustat...

MrAcoustat wrote:

Acushla, may 22nd what about your modified Acoustat's from Roy.A. Esposito, have you received them yet ????? waiting for pictures, or did you change your mind.

Attachments:
Jocelyn 002.jpg
Jocelyn 002.jpg [ 91.6 KiB | Viewed 931 times ]