Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

For members to post information and discuss events for local hifi related clubs and events.

Please only post non-profit, community oriented clubs and events here. Any events or clubs which require fees of any sort, or organized by a for-profit entity should stick to the Dealers forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:12 am 

I'm in Mill Bay and would like to connect, always interested in how other people approach their gear and also what music is out there that I have not heard. I also appreciate the "tech" knowledge because I am non tech, I just enjoy listening.

Thanks
Alan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:49 am 

Hi All,

I was talking to a fellow CAM member and friend we were also wondering about anyone who was interested in just getting together to meet, get to know, and talk about our great hobby, perhaps a meeting at a Starbucks, being aware that everyone has different times that would work, maybe provide a series of time/dates so we can make one of the two dates, instead of all of us trying to meet at one time. Then after those first couple of meetings we would get a better idea of numbers, time availability and then narrow down a single day/date we could all meet. This idea depends on number of us and availability. Having said all this it also may be very well possible for all to meet the first time depending on numbers, time and a good date selection. What are thoughts of others? 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:54 am 

I am also in Victoria. There are quite a few audiophiles in town.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:47 am 

Great idea Paul, easier to meet at a convenient central locale and get to know one another a bit before we invade someone's house. Might have to do another up north a bit, maybe naniamo, to involve those friends to the north.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:37 am 

suggestion: use meetup to set time/ location ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm 

Hey I'm in Vic too and have looked out for folks interested in HiFi. I shied away from sponsoring a Meet up group but would definitely like to get together with the audiophile community, Jim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:46 pm 

Lot's of Folks on our Island. Suggestion of 'Meetup' is that an App where we could make a Time, Day and Location? Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:49 pm 

Meetup is an app that allows you to set a time and date on invitation . Here is a link
https://www.meetup.com.
I will set up a group

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:20 pm 

Great will check out the link thank you for setting it up. Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Van. Isl audiophiles is a great idea.

I'm up in Northern BC, and in Victoria for work periodically. Would be great to meet other audiophile-minded folks and listen to some music!

I'll keep an ear out!

cheers, Terry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:24 pm 

Also in Victoria. I tried the FB thing. Wasn't for me. I'm now at a high level but love all things Audio. The thing that keeps me as a loner is the judgement/snobby of folks hunting and diy. Not just enjoying what folks have assembled big or small bought or built. I love the look of the latest greatest things but my ears and my hart are ancient!! Lol love dim sum love trying different gear. Love experiences of others and their stories that got them to their system...No judgement. Lol

-- 30 Apr 2017 20:27 --

ps7256 wrote:
Hi All,

I was talking to a fellow CAM member and friend we were also wondering about anyone who was interested in just getting together to meet, get to know, and talk about our great hobby, perhaps a meeting at a Starbucks, being aware that everyone has different times that would work, maybe provide a series of time/dates so we can make one of the two dates, instead of all of us trying to meet at one time. Then after those first couple of meetings we would get a better idea of numbers, time availability and then narrow down a single day/date we could all meet. This idea depends on number of us and availability. Having said all this it also may be very well possible for all to meet the first time depending on numbers, time and a good date selection. What are thoughts of others? 8)

Sounds good. Who's up for something this week? I'm open all week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:20 pm 

Think CAM member 'buzzinghive' was setting up a time through 'Meetup' Website/App.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm 

ps7256 wrote:
Think CAM member 'buzzinghive' was setting up a time through 'Meetup' Website/App.

Yup... he said he will set it up when he gets home. I just met him an hour ago here in Nanaimo at the record sale. Great guy...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:52 pm 

Well that is nice of him but I'm retired and have more time then most. Meet up is good and I'll probably get in on it at some point but I'm also interested in non-formal independent coffee meets in town or James Bay. Thx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm 

Look forward to the Meetup place and time, but I to am in Victoria. Would not mind meeting in Victoria as well, coffee? Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next