Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

For members to post information and discuss events for local hifi related clubs and events.

Please only post non-profit, community oriented clubs and events here. Any events or clubs which require fees of any sort, or organized by a for-profit entity should stick to the Dealers forum.

Post subject: Sarnia ON
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 pm 

So.. I recently moved to Sarnia from the GTA and know not a soul lol. Just wondering if there are any audio clubs in the area? Get together's? I'm a bit of newbie but do have some nice gear, not crazy hi-end but would very much like to share the hobby with those in the area to some extent.

I'm also open to paying someone with some expertise for wiring and advice if that can work for somebody in the area?

Cheers :D

Post subject: Re: Sarnia ON
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:38 pm 

There is the GTAA, you can contact them at their website: http://www.gtaaudio.com/wordpress/
There is another group as well, which was formerly the I&I group in Toronto (search for a thread regarding that), though they do not have a website and their members do not use CAM very often. As well, it may be closed to new members, though I am not sure about that...

I'd be interested in setting something casual up again with the community, for sure, though the one difficult thing is that groups often tend to get quite large, and it becomes more and more difficult to hold together...
People from other cities around Canada often speak a bit harshly about how Torontonians are this or that (insert derogatory comment as you wish), but I, for one, have found that they are generally very welcoming and social (I am a refugee westerner ;) )
Anyway, good luck with the investigation.
Byron

edit - doh! I thought the OP moved from Sarnia to the GTA :)

Last edited by mantisory on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:15 pm 

FYI - to the person in Sarnia:
in 2011 there was a thread on CAM titled: "New to Toronto".
A member named "mg bridges" posted on that thread that his brother in law lives in Sarnia and joined a club in Michigan. Maybe that would help you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:43 pm 

mantisory wrote:
There is the GTAA, you can contact them at their website: http://www.gtaaudio.com/wordpress/
There is another group as well, which was formerly the I&I group in Toronto (search for a thread regarding that), though they do not have a website and their members do not use CAM very often. As well, it may be closed to new members, though I am not sure about that...

I'd be interested in setting something casual up again with the community, for sure, though the one difficult thing is that groups often tend to get quite large, and it becomes more and more difficult to hold together...
People from other cities around Canada often speak a bit harshly about how Torontonians are this or that (insert derogatory comment as you wish), but I, for one, have found that they are generally very welcoming and social (I am a refugee westerner ;) )
Anyway, good luck with the investigation.
Byron

edit - doh! I thought the OP moved from Sarnia to the GTA :)

Yea.. don't send me back there pleeeese ... lol
a little "dead" here.. specially for audio but omg soo much better lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:29 pm 

We could start one?

Derek in Sarnia

Oppo 105

2 Channel
Anthem I225
Rega RP6/Dyna 10x5/Schiit Mani
Oppo 105
Vandersteen 2C

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:52 pm 

bcugk wrote:
We could start one?

Derek in Sarnia

I'm open to anything :D I don't know the town very well .. or how many in the area enjoy the hobby but surely there must be some in the area that spend too many hours on this site lol