Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

For members to post information and discuss events for local hifi related clubs and events.

Please only post non-profit, community oriented clubs and events here. Any events or clubs which require fees of any sort, or organized by a for-profit entity should stick to the Dealers forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:33 pm 
Premium User

Andy84 wrote:
Hey there,

Don't know if/how we can be involved, but I work for Natural Sound and would love to be involved in some way if we can think up some ideas!

Love to know if I can help in any way!
Andy

PS: We do have the Yamaha NS5000 tomorrow (Saturday 10-3pm). We're pretty excited and proud to have them for KW to hear. Come by for a listen...not just to the speakers, but they're being powered by the AS3000 amplifier - which is a beautiful.

kawihornet wrote:
Name has been chosen "Audiophiliacs of KW"
Website domain purchased and site being developed.
Off to the races...

Stay tuned!!!

Thanks Andy!
I have come to know Ben at Natural Sound and he is a great help!
I was actually hoping to speak with both Ben and Andrea about setting something up
in the way of a gathering. Maybe you could mention the idea to her and see what kind of a reaction
we get!

Cheers
Nathan Kimmett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:06 pm 

I would be interested in joining. Add me to your mailing list. Tx Drew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:21 am 

I am Andrea! lol (everyone calls me Andy!)
Lets chat sometime and get some ideas together of how we can get involved and help out.

kawihornet wrote:
Andy84 wrote:
Hey there,

Don't know if/how we can be involved, but I work for Natural Sound and would love to be involved in some way if we can think up some ideas!

Love to know if I can help in any way!
Andy

PS: We do have the Yamaha NS5000 tomorrow (Saturday 10-3pm). We're pretty excited and proud to have them for KW to hear. Come by for a listen...not just to the speakers, but they're being powered by the AS3000 amplifier - which is a beautiful.

kawihornet wrote:
Name has been chosen "Audiophiliacs of KW"
Website domain purchased and site being developed.
Off to the races...

Stay tuned!!!

Thanks Andy!
I have come to know Ben at Natural Sound and he is a great help!
I was actually hoping to speak with both Ben and Andrea about setting something up
in the way of a gathering. Maybe you could mention the idea to her and see what kind of a reaction
we get!

Cheers
Nathan Kimmett

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:15 pm 
Premium User

GULP! lol haha well that's embarrassing!
I will be in touch soon!

PS - I came in one day with my daughter who to say the least is a bit busy! I was really impressed and appreciative when you let her sit down in the cinema chairs to watch a movie on the high end TV's! Things like that which make your store great!

Thank you
Nathan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:00 pm 
Premium User

testsystems wrote:
I would be interested in joining. Add me to your mailing list. Tx Drew

Will do!!! Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 pm 
Premium User

Hey guys I have a favor to ask.
The website is coming I promise! lol
I recently purchased a new DAC Simaudio 280D and am less than thrilled with the results. I was wondering if someone would be gracious enough to let me bring it over and try it in a different system (preferably a decent system) to see if its the player or my system/cables/room is messed up?

Highly appreciated
Nathan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 pm 

Hi Nathan

You are welcome to try it out here. I'm in Waterloo. Drop me a message.

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:16 am 

Do we have a first meeting set up? Would be interested.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 am 

I'm interested in this.

A couple of things:

1. Anyone thought about a mailchimp account? You can have an auto sign up on the website and its pretty easy to create an email blast. I use it for my own business and its a god send.

2. I have a space in Guelph that about 1000 square feet where I run classes for kids. I can reconfigure the space quite easily to accommodate different types of events even emptying it completely. Acoustically, it sounds a lot better than my home but for an event where people bring things in we'd probably want to tweak it. Many tables and chairs.

My personal gear is no draw but I'd be happy to host an event. I'm especially interested in DIY if there are people who would like to have a DIY meetup.

I haven't taken a good photo of the space but if there is interest I'll take one and put it up.

- David

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:01 am 
Premium User

dvdwmth wrote:
I'm interested in this.

A couple of things:

1. Anyone thought about a mailchimp account? You can have an auto sign up on the website and its pretty easy to create an email blast. I use it for my own business and its a god send.

2. I have a space in Guelph that about 1000 square feet where I run classes for kids. I can reconfigure the space quite easily to accommodate different types of events even emptying it completely. Acoustically, it sounds a lot better than my home but for an event where people bring things in we'd probably want to tweak it. Many tables and chairs.

My personal gear is no draw but I'd be happy to host an event. I'm especially interested in DIY if there are people who would like to have a DIY meetup.

I haven't taken a good photo of the space but if there is interest I'll take one and put it up.

- David

Hey David - thanks so much for the offer! This would be huge for the group! The website is almost up and running and I really appreciate everyones patience as we all have to remember that this is being done by someone who volunteered his busy time to help out the group. Also we have looked into a mailchimp account and it looks like a good idea! Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:26 pm 

Please count me in

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:12 pm 

dvdwmth wrote:
I'm interested in this.

A couple of things:

- David

I am a DIY'er, would be interested too. Might be able to host at my place at Waterloo too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:57 am 
Premium User

bcodemz wrote:
dvdwmth wrote:
I'm interested in this.

A couple of things:

- David

I am a DIY'er, would be interested too. Might be able to host at my place at Waterloo too.

Great THANKS!

-- 30 Jan 2017 00:32 --

Hey Guys
We are also looking at a meet and greet for Feb 25th.
How does this date work for everyone?
Please provide E-mail address via PM to be added to email mailing list

-- 11 Feb 2017 17:03 --

Hey guys I have heard back from only 2 guys. Just wanting to know if you guys would be interested in a get together on
a Saturday night in the near future? If your interested please let me know and also if you want to
join the email list for the group please send me a Private message.

Thanks guys
Nathan

-- 11 Feb 2017 17:18 --

Hey guys please reply with thoughts and suggestions etc to the post so we can generate some
interest in the group

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6