Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

For members to post information and discuss events for local hifi related clubs and events.

Please only post non-profit, community oriented clubs and events here. Any events or clubs which require fees of any sort, or organized by a for-profit entity should stick to the Dealers forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am 

I hope they both do well, and I’ll go to both for different reasons.
I think Toronto is big enough to support them.

Best

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:49 pm 

I am with those here that appreciate the event, what ever the venue. I don't mind paying as would still go even if it were held in an outhouse.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm 

Two competing audio/video shows dilute the quality and quantity of exhibitors willing too attend. If Toronto is indeed an iffy marketplace, then this shootout makes both less likely to succeed in attracting quality exhibitors. One good show is my preference and that will no doubt be the Toronto Audio Fest. I attended the Montreal Audio Fest the last two years. Their dedication to the Canadian Audio market and industry is obvious in the quality of show they put on and have done so for many years now. I will support a superior event and especially one organized by well experienced Canadian folk working to support the industry. There is something at stake here and consumers should consider that when making their decision.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:36 pm 

I will attend TAVES if and only if I see they are serious about exhibiting Audio products over Electric cars, Drones, Robots and other techie stuff. My sole interest is Audio. I can deal with some techie stuff but, 20% Audio, 80% science fair is not for me, even if it is free. I will wait to see TAVES exhibitors list but, I have a feeling that I'll be in Toronto for the Audio show a week later. I'm from Montreal but unlike some of people of my hometown I never knock Toronto or it's people. I have friends in and around the GTA and like visiting there. I'm also a big Leafs fan (don't ask me what I think of the Habs). I don't want to insult the TAVES organisers but, I have a feeling that the Toronto Audio show will be special because the organisers of the Montreal show are in charge. This is not a Montreal vs. Toronto knock but these people have much more experience at running successful shows and have long relationships with distributors, manufactures, and stores.