Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 am 

laszlo1959 wrote:
steve cunningham wrote:
In the Hamilton area I recommend Don Halford formely of Mobius Audio who had a repair shop in Hamilton, but now works out of his house in rural Dundas. I have used him a few times he is fair and honest and knows his stuff. 905-528-1368

Mobius Audio was formely at John St,Hamilton long time ago?

-- 23 Nov 2014 20:10 --

Lots of great repairshop nationalwide,but not in Hamilton! Or even close to Hamilton!
Why??
Back in the time 500 years?

someone who will only meet you at a parking lot and says he repaired your hi end cassette decks only to have to bring then somewhere else to get them fixed properly after the second attempt is hardly a professional and someone you can trust your valued audio with for repair.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 pm 

(EDIT-It is my belief,) Glen Dolick is now back helping out Chris Johnson (not Chris Jensen his old partner) and has done so since they were in Oakville during Sonic Frontiers manufacturing days and when they were designing the Assemblage Kits. They hot rodded my MacIntosh stuff way back then. I've got pictures of them in the assemblage catalogs and they were all kids. One of the guys went to Paradigm. Top shelf everything via Parts Connexion. I think it would be very difficult to find a better all under one roof anywhere in the world and here they are right in Canada in Ontario.

If you have any Sonic Frontiers stuff or Anthem, Its like taking a Lexus or Mercedes direct to the factory where they designed it, and built it for maintenance and repair (EDIT-as compared to a factory dealership). No factory I know would even allow this to happen. The easiest No Brainer in existence.

If you have a quality piece from ANY manufacturer you want to upgrade, (EDIT-unless that Manufacturer for under warranty purposes, sends you to their close-by factory authorized repair depot) they have any and all pieces or can get them as long as you have a price limit/threshold in mind since some parts like capacitors and specialized say gold wire cost a fortune at trade price! Tell them what you want and they will deliver. Don't know if Glen is working on his own as well or not. itsmeagain@cogeco.ca or dot com cant remember. Try both.
The second easiest No Brainer in existence.

Parts Connexion prices are very competitive and will do what you ask of them be it low money or high money. You have to ask them. (EDIT-It is possible they will send you to DTS Audio if it is something they do not do.) They are knowledgeable, dependable and deliver. Attention Chris:
http://partsconnexion.com/contact.html

Edited for clarity and removal of off topic content. Speedy1 you have a PM. - Mod

Last edited by speedy1 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:35 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Speedy1, I think you should get some of your facts straight before you post incorrect and slightly derogatory remarks.
I know Chris and Glenn and respect them both, however I have done work for both of them as they were either unwilling or unable to complete repairs.
As for not having access, that is ridiculously untrue. Not only do I have access to everything Parts Connexion has, I have access to factory parts from dozens of manufacturers that they do not.
While I do work alone, I have the backing of several of the largest distributors in this country and several manufacturers in the US and Europe.

I have no idea what that last part you quoted, and what that has to do with me.
I also don't know what Zdenko Zivkovic has to do with service shops in Canada. He does not do repairs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:12 am 

Dan, Kindly accept my apologies for your feelings. No slight intended.
I am glad you help each other out.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm 

Anybody looking for a knowledgeable person doing repair in electronics in Nova Scotia, we do have one by the name of William ‘Will’ Boucher in Eastern Passage Nova Scotia. He does work for Brooklyn Audio Inc., well known Audio dealer in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, also highly recommended.

Will also takes on work from anybody looking to have their audio components repaired or maybe wanting a full restoration. Will has extensive knowledge in all vintage audio equipment, amp, turntables, tuner, etc… He is also very competent in the more modern stereo gears.

Highly recommended, has very reasonable rate, and doesn’t charge markup on parts.

I had my SA-8800 integrated acquired in Germany in 1978, in for a complete restoration, ie... power supply capacitors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, renewing thermal transfer compound on output transistors and drivers, DC offset, etc…

For the past year or so, I had been looking for a tech to take on this work, when Jody from Brooklyn Audio told me about this person.

Will can be reached through Brooklyn Audio, or you can also contact me for his number. I will ask him if he would like to post his phone number in this forum in the future.

Last edited by moinau on Tue May 09, 2017 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 pm 

In Victoria, I'd say Sound Hounds.They have been at Fort and Pandora for over thirty years
and do quality work from repairs to upgrades

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 am 

Anyone have a current recommendation where to take my British Fidelity preamp to fix a wonky MM input?

I called All-in-one Electronics and the number does not accept incoming calls.

Located in Thornhill.

Thx

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:14 am 

racecars wrote:
Anyone have a current recommendation where to take my British Fidelity preamp to fix a wonky MM input?

Located in Thornhill.

Thx

Closed up shop a few years back.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 am 

racecars wrote:

Located in Thornhill.

Thx

bump

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 am 

Anybody looking for a knowledgeable person doing repair in electronics in Nova Scotia, we do have one by the name of William ‘Will’ Boucher in Eastern Passage Nova Scotia. He does work for Brooklyn Audio Inc., well known Audio dealer in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, also highly recommended.

Not audio related, but there is another William Boucher in Chatham, Ontario who does incredible work restoring/repairing 80's arcade machines, especially vector game boards and monitors.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:32 am 

Vintageman wrote:
racecars wrote:

Located in Thornhill.

Thx

Closed up shop a few years back.

That was a great shop :/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 am 

I am also glad to hear that, you guys help each other out. That is the reason to join this Canuck Audio Mart the nice community.
Warm wishes for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm 

MM Electronics on Logan Ave: Mike is very knowledgeable and professional (BScEE).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 pm 

Tweakjunkie in Winnipeg. Been at it over 35 years. Reasonable rates.
(Yes that's me) Thought I would throw my hat in here. FB page "Tweakjunkie"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:30 am 

Missisauga is the home of Drago Fucec. A super guy who I have bought a couple of amps from. He is now my go-to guy for all things with amplification. His shop is full of cool big amps like Krell (which he seems to be "the man" for ). Recently I took him a Monster Surge protector (ya, I know)...he took it apart, saw it was crap, and immediately advised so: he could have patched it together and made a wage from it, but saw little value in it. Instead he did not charge me a dime and I took away yet another piece of electronics recycling. Next I dropped off my 1978 Marantz receiver, a home for bugs and corrosion. A few weeks later I picked up a brand-new looking (and sounding) receiver. He changed over 60 components. It is now sounding as good (or better) as new. Drago has always been honest, respectful and technically sound. I am very pleased to be able to recommend him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next