Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 am 

Anyone know of a good repair shop in MARKHAM / RICHMOND HILL area ? I want to get my old Yamaha amp repaired. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 am 

Anyone from Surrey BC or surrounding area, Coquitlam, Langley, New Westminster, etc... have had experience or heard something good about this place. Only deals, repair or upgrade vintage audio equipment,

Innovative Audio in Surrey BC
Unit 204 – 13255 78th Avenue
Surrey, BC V3W 5B9
Office: (604) 594-9575
Fax: (604) 594-9573

http://www.iavscanada.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:27 am 

Vintageman wrote:
For DUAL turntables, I highly recommend the Dual Doctor in St. Thomas, Ontario http://doctordual.ca/ .

After many years of having my Dual 1229 sitting idle, I finally got around to getting it refurbished. Malcolm (the Doctor) has my 1229 running like new. I had it worked on about 13 years ago at All-In-One Electronics in Toronto and at least in my case, I found that Malcolm's work was superior to there's. (Maybe just a bad day??) The Dual Doctor is a one man operation so it might take a while to get your table done but it is worth the wait.

Totally agree. Basically took my thrift store find(1229q) apart and down to the bare bones and rebuilt/re-lubed/refurbished/re-calibrated it to factory specs...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 am 

Hi Moinau,

I have use Innovative Audio for most of my repairs and have purchased several pieces of gear from them. I rate them very highly and recommend them to my closes friends and acquaintances. If you are thinking of purchasing something from them I know that they test and service all of the gear they sell before it goes on the floor for sale. They are an authorized repair facility for numerous high end brands such as McIntosh, Pass Labs and many more. They ship equipment locally and internationally and their packing is top notch. Give Gordon a call if you have any questions about the item you want to buy or have serviced.

moinau wrote:
Anyone from Surrey BC or surrounding area, Coquitlam, Langley, New Westminster, etc... have had experience or heard something good about this place. Only deals, repair or upgrade vintage audio equipment,

Surrey, BC V3W 5B9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 am 

webrider wrote:
Hi Moinau,

I have use Innovative Audio for most of my repairs and have purchased several pieces of gear from them. I rate them very highly and recommend them to my closes friends and acquaintances. If you are thinking of purchasing something from them I know that they test and service all of the gear they sell before it goes on the floor for sale. They are an authorized repair facility for numerous high end brands such as McIntosh, Pass Labs and many more. They ship equipment locally and internationally and their packing is top notch. Give Gordon a call if you have any questions about the item you want to buy or have serviced.

moinau wrote:

Surrey, BC V3W 5B9

Thanks a lot web rider, much oblige.

Most of my audio (2 channel) are vintage, ranging from the early 70s to the mid 80s, and are also first hand.
My Pioneer SA-8800, still operational, but with a few problems, is in need of servicing, and a major re-cap, if they can do it. Also my TU-719 would be another candidate for a major tune up.

I've read their post, and it seemed to me that they have an expertise in vintage audio gears, and also have lots of spare parts already in stock. That is what I've been searching for a very long time now, somebody able to diagnose problems, and repair them. I understand that it won't be cheap, but I've been with these gears since the late 70s, and I like what I hear, and the look is not too shabby either.

Last mont I did make contact with them, and have asked if they had a Pionner TX 9500 or the MK11 in stock. They responded that will keep my name in their files.
I like tuners, the good one that is, and the 9500 is one that I won't mind having. A Sansui TU-919 would be another one on my list.

Anyway, thanks again...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:24 pm 

Any recommendations for a shop to overhaul headphones? I'm in Ottawa but shipping is not a problem as these are light. It's a set of Sony MDR-80 that needs some wiring work and one channel checked out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:30 pm 

Centek in Ottawa has stopped taking new work for 2 months to clear the backlog of work.

From their website:

PLEASE NOTE EFFECTIVE FROM 28 FEBRUARY 2017 TO 25 APRIL 2017, WE WILL NOT ACCEPT NEW ORDERS IN ORDER TO FINISH OUR OUTSTANDING ORDERS WE HAVE RIGHT NOW.
WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE. WE WILL RESUME NORMAL OPERATION AFTER 25 APRIL 2017. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:25 pm 

HifiSam wrote:
Anyone know of a good repair shop in MARKHAM / RICHMOND HILL area ? I want to get my old Yamaha amp repaired. Thanks!

If you email Yamaha Canada, they will recommend one of their authorized repair shops in your area.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:40 pm 

moinau wrote:
webrider wrote:
Hi Moinau,

moinau wrote:

Surrey, BC V3W 5B9

Thanks a lot web rider, much oblige.

Most of my audio (2 channel) are vintage, ranging from the early 70s to the mid 80s, and are also first hand.
My Pioneer SA-8800, still operational, but with a few problems, is in need of servicing, and a major re-cap, if they can do it. Also my TU-719 would be another candidate for a major tune up.

I've read their post, and it seemed to me that they have an expertise in vintage audio gears, and also have lots of spare parts already in stock. That is what I've been searching for a very long time now, somebody able to diagnose problems, and repair them. I understand that it won't be cheap, but I've been with these gears since the late 70s, and I like what I hear, and the look is not too shabby either.

Last mont I did make contact with them, and have asked if they had a Pionner TX 9500 or the MK11 in stock. They responded that will keep my name in their files.
I like tuners, the good one that is, and the 9500 is one that I won't mind having. A Sansui TU-919 would be another one on my list.

Anyway, thanks again...

They are very good..busy though, I'm friend's with their tech and he will fix just about anything if it can be, modern or vintage, makes his own gear from scratch even..they are authorised depot's for Bryston, Pass..etc, he is great with speakers too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:15 am 

vonclod wrote:

They are very good..busy though, I'm friend's with their tech and he will fix just about anything if it can be, modern or vintage, makes his own gear from scratch even..they are authorized depot's for Bryston, Pass..etc, he is great with speakers too.

Thanks for the reply, I will keep this place in mind...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:29 pm 

Brooklyn Audio Halifax/Dartmouth, NS

Jody and his service tech Will, are great people to deal with
when you need vintage repairs. Jody has amazing audiophile audio
for sale. Will has a great reputation in Metro Halifax, as a superior
vintage/ modern audio tech.

I have a Sansui AU-7900 amp that I just bought that needed to be serviced.
It needed the relay, capacitors and some transistors replaced, as well to be cleaned.
Will did an excellent job at an affordable price and I'm listening to some vinyl with it
right now. It sounds superb and I am quite happy with Will's work.

I would not hesitate, to use Brooklyn Audio again, to service my vintage gear.

http://www.brooklynaudioinc.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:44 pm 

Any recommendations for a local(ish) master who can do a quick service on a Rotel RA-1062 integrated that is starting to get noisy on the balance knob? Could be as simple as a cleaning; not sure. Located in Whitby.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:08 pm 
Premium User

alcool wrote:
Any recommendations for a local(ish) master who can do a quick service on a Rotel RA-1062 integrated that is starting to get noisy on the balance knob? Could be as simple as a cleaning; not sure. Located in Whitby.

Thanks,

Just make the drive to Claudio Electronics in Mississauga. I just picked up my Parasound Halo A23 from Claudio. He is a great guy and came as a direct recommendation from Parasound as well as some members here.

He was fast and his pricing reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 am 

Things have changed past 10 years and the whole list needs updating.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 am 

Sound Hounds and Q electronics in Victoria BC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next