Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:17 am 

So, here's the phenomenon.

Saturday morning I get up, coffee then check my e-mail. 4 times in the last fortnight, on 3 different CAM sale ads, I've had effusive CAM member would-be buyers. ''I want the item, please confirm the price. When can I pay you, send me payment details'' etc. I, as idiot, do so. Then silence, as if from the grave.

It also happened, more than once, during last year. At that time, I restricted my adverts to members only.

I'm 99% sure these bods have a beer, or two, on the Friday evening then get to 'work'. The timing is too regular to be a coincidence. I understand that dealing on CAM comes with a 'cost'. But, it's annoying that a few users degrade the CAM experience.

To me, using CAM is a privilege. I try hard to follow good form. Some others will not, for instance, delete adverts when their items are sold. [On the other site - ie. Ebay - a sold item is deleted immediately. It is, in that regard, a better system.]

I write here to vent, yes. I am not alone, for sure, so you can chime in regarding your relevant experiences if you so wish.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 am 

If the details are in your ad, reply - read the ad. Use buy it now. Reply, buy it, the info is in ad.
If they are members, report it to admin and provide proof so they can try to act on the sender.
your avatar looks exactly the same as my contribution to a thread on old audio advertisements...timeless...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:48 am 

I received a response late Friday night and did the deal yesterday in person; so you never know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 am 

Poor you, life is so hard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:01 am 

This will continue as long as the site refuses to allow neutral feedback to be left for deadbeats. In the mean time, just keep track of those members and ignore them in the future. I don't know if it is a Friday night thing as much as it is an overnight thing ... after these snowflakes get an earful from their wives. I also find that new members are more prone to tirekicking than established members. Many of them sign up minutes before replying because they see a shiny object they like, then they disappear. I know that we all had to start somewhere, but this is a new generation with a different set of values. Many just don't care about other people's time and effort.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 am 

@Prestige

no need to take the p*ss -
nothing constructive, do not contribute

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 am 

natedog wrote:
@Prestige

no need to take the p*ss -
nothing constructive, do not contribute

There's always one ...

Attachments:
comic book guy.jpg
comic book guy.jpg [ 20.38 KiB | Viewed 419 times ]

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 pm 

This really isn't an audio discussion. Thread locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]