Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 432 HZ Music
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:57 pm 

i recently dowloaded a Dire Straits album in 432hz liked it so much wondered if i could make my own 432 music turns out i can if you want to try something different look in into 432hz music on the internet its really interesting

Post subject: Re: 432 HZ Music
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 am 

I had no idea this was such a controversial subject.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/432-hz-is- ... an-440-hz/

I have no position on the matter....it's all well beyond me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:59 am 

So, is it just a change of pitch? Or how does this work? I just googled Dire Straits 432hz... A few links came up... heh. Sounds a little different.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 am 

It is an interesting subject. To tumble down the rabbit hole look into 432 HZ and conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:10 am 

I think it's more concerning the debate on the actual frequency of the key of A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 am 

^^^^it is but it changes the freq of all notes the same amount and it's claimed that it results in a more natural sound. There was originally no set rule of thumb for the frequency of notes and apparently the Americans decided on 440hz and the world followed. Although a lot of smaller groups of musicians tune to whatever base freq makes them happy but large scale groups need a rule of thumb to follow.

I tried to research this when a workmate brought it up but I ended up reading a series of threads that were a lot like cable debates so I gave up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:39 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
I think it's more concerning the debate on the actual frequency of the key of A
Or more precisely, what's the best compromise that satisfies all instruments and musical styles.

I recall reading the liner notes of a Columbia bicentennial release of Handel's organ concertos with E.Power Biggs, Sir Adrian Boult and the LPO. They wanted to use an organ that Handel had actually played on, and found one in a remote church in rural England. But the organ was tuned to a different pitch than the current concert standard of A-440. It was soon discovered that the orchestra couldn't transpose the score to match the organ because the scale would fall out of the instruments' reach, nor could they transpose the organ part for the same reason. As a last resort, they dismantled the organ, removed all of the pipes and sent them to London to be retuned, lord knows at what cost, just for the recording sessions.

It's amazing how a few Hz difference can wreak havoc most of us wouldn't even notice...

-- 01 Oct 2017 15:42 --

therealco wrote:
So, is it just a change of pitch? Or how does this work? I just googled Dire Straits 432hz... A few links came up... heh. Sounds a little different.

Check the link I posted. Doing it right is a little more involved.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pm 

as Rip said..here is some more info about the "old" pitch....https://books.google.ca/books?id=-7w3AQ ... ow&f=false

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm 

I dunno....

Personally I compare it to turning the treble down on the old integrated. If it is perceived as "more natural" that would definitely be ones opinion. Just as one prefers high frequency detail, the next may define as fatiguing.

Never bothered me til you guys brought it up lol!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 pm 

Referring again to the link I posted, flat tuning sounds more relaxed; sharp tuning more energetic. Makes one wonder if the Rega TT's notoriously fast RPM isn't intended to lend the sound more 'drive'.

libor wrote:
as Rip said..here is some more info about the "old" pitch....https://books.google.ca/books?id=-7w3AQ ... ow&f=false

Yes, the pitch has gone up and down repeatedly over the centuries...a tone with a beat of it's own...one measured in decades or even centuries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm 

ive been experimenting i tried 436hz its a good middle ground frequency from 440 to 432 might stick with the 436hz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:13 am 

You can change pitch in Audacity. Just import the file and select change pitch under the effects tab. Changing by -1.818% should drop it from 440 to 432.

Decware SE84UFO2... Chord 2Qute... Omega SAM's... TEO GC Liquid Cables... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner... MCRU LPS... Audioquest Dragonfly Red... Zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 am 

ripblade wrote:
I had no idea this was such a controversial subject.
http://factmyth.com/factoids/432-hz-is- ... an-440-hz/
I have no position on the matter....it's all well beyond me.

The quick explanation

Just tuning is based on simple fractional ratios - ie a perfect 5th has a ratio of 3/2 from the fundamental.
Violinists and Cellists naturally play using Just Tuning.
Which is why they will explain an F# is different from a G flat.

However, as music modulates from key to key - just tuning becomes badly out of pitch.

So it was decided to average out the errors and use Equal Temperament tuning.
This is based on the 12 root of 2.
To get the next semi tone up, multiply the fundamental by 1.05946 ...
You'll see the distance between the frets on a guitar increase each time by 1.05946 ...

The first person to use equal temperament was Karl Hentz Fischer.
Not as often stated JSB, who wrote the in the Equal Tempered Clavier.

Long story short - turns out Equal Temperament tuning
is very close to just tuning.

Regardless of this, you'll find anyone who is any good at tuning
doesn't just use an electronic tuner (which uses equal temperament).
But rather, tunes their instruments, as best they can, to the key they are going to play in
, using just tuning.
So if a guitarist is going to play in a certain key, and certain position on a guitar,
they will use just tuning for their favourite notes for that piece of music.

As for A 440.
The original A during the Baroque Period was around 415.
However, the lead violinist often tuned slightly "sweeter" to stand out above orchestral or chamber group.
They tuned slightly sharp to sound "sweeter."

So what began to happen was everyone began to tune sweeter and sweeter to stand out.
It got to the point where enough was enough - and A 440 was set to the set pitch for A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:24 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Canadiansnowland wrote:
It is an interesting subject. To tumble down the rabbit hole look into 432 HZ and conspiracy theories.

Interestingly enough, the term 'conspiracy theory' was coined by the CIA. It was not simply spoken aloud once and then became a meme, it was a very carefully decided upon phrase that was created to evoke derision and self distancing. Ie, a yucky emotion and a precasting of the data as being false. A method of using the language and the mind tied to the language, combined with the culture and societal contexts, to evoke a specific response when the words are uttered. Engineering of a sort, which gives lie to the idea that NLP does not work and is discredited. The CIA is nothing if not sneaky and multi-layered.

So we use the context, shaping, and casting that is contained in those two cojoined words....... and seldom realize we are doing real harm to our attempts to explore new or purposely obscured truths. One of the CIA's more successful bits of human programing for the masses, regarding language and the west. The CIA was so interested in this stuff, that much data can be found regarding it's connections to Buddhism and the Dali Lama, and the esoteric sciences. They funded many many studies in these 'crazy' areas of research. Then they directed the public away from it. Some of the misdirect involves the usual CIA stuff of coups, interference in the affairs of other countries, etc. A day on the job, at the CIA. But large swaths of it are also concerning the information pulled out of the ancient works and methods concerning the nature of reality and the mind.

The 432hz thing is interesting as we have found out that the human mind operates out of what we call the zero point field, or is connected to it in a fundamental fashion. (you are pretty well guaranteed to crap your pants if you read this book) Holographic multidimensional 'timeless' mind coupling to the flesh. As vetted by the US National Academy of Sciences (the book link) as being correct and proper works in the studies and meta studies of the works, which have an overarching error potential of less than 3 billion to 1. It has a 40 page long bibliography, for those who want to chase the individual studies down for themselves. This is book is referencing hard science, hard science of the most staunch and well done kind that you might ever come across.

Our mind evokes geometric patterns in our neural firing, and it is done in up to as many as 11 geometric forms. I speak of interconnected 3d geometric neural firing patterns, that if seen as an overlay, would overlay the mind in toto or in part, as they fire.

Something akin to this (from the study), as a neural firing pattern, that appears and then disappears, and others appear, and then interconnect and so on.

They are small and millions of the given interconnected geometric forms can be in the mind at one time. Thus a resonant shaped and tuned firing pattern, and 11 of them. 11 is the highest, some can't go to 11. (Pun intended) Basically you are dealing with resonance, recursions, stacked overlays, living 3d geometric forms, etc.

Here is the study on that:

The Human Brain Can Create Structures in Up to 11 Dimensions

It was also discovered in other works, that the neural firing patterns and frequencies of the brain exactly correspond to the the so called range of human hearing. Then the added in harmonics of these functions overlaying one another.

So we have a core neurological mechanism that is directly comparable and acts in concert with our hearing, is one possible conclusion that rises up prominently in this group of facts or data.

A complex living system that can work with aural frequencies as part of the external input system. Ie, listening to music, voice, chanting, and so on.

When you add in the old esoteric works that all point in this sort of direction regarding hearing, mind, music, sound, resonance, interference patterns, and so on regarding how fundamentally important they are...well..you end up at a spot that is very close to showing that there is no conspiracy at all. That something or someone is attempting to interfere with basic human neurological functions by changing one of the core aspects of it's integration with the material world.

That 440hz is apparently negative and destructive regarding the formation of neural firing patterns in the mind -- and that 432hz is apparently complimentary in it's resonances and complimentary neural pattern creation/aiding aspects.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am 

Here is a good read on the topic.

https://ask.audio/articles/music-theory ... om-fiction

Again, during the Baroque period A was set to around 415 Hz.
Many instruments during this era were designed for this tuning.

In the never ending race to sound sweeter, solo violinists would tune slightly sharp from the orchestra.

Giusseppe Verdi is the only known composer who liked A = 432 Hz.

Then in 1939 A was set 440 Hz.

If there truly was something in harmonious in Nature about A = 432 Hz,
the Greeks, Western or other Cultures would have found it.