Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:39 am 

Imagine the response if you had a problem with your order..........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:30 pm 

... but for minor eddy currents along the way, this thread worked out nicely. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 am 

Not really, as the OP spent 2 weeks calling and emailing them. He's going to try and phone them again next week, and we shall see what happens then.

Edit: I would also add that apparently the Teo Audio website does not actually sell their products as they are sold through a network of dealers. The OP could contact one of the dealers directly and they should be able to answer questions too.

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm 

In this day of total reliance on small hand held digital devices, with tiny screens and larger male thumbs, it should be of no surprise that typing errors happen and go unnoticed despite a texter's best efforts. There is no auto-correct for web names. As with today's marketplace, the ever new never gets a real chance to settle in. The real mistake is to always expect everything to go perfectly and to expect people to know, before you do, that they have actually made a mistake. Think about how many "typo" errors one sees here on CAM. Before one starts bad mouthing someone, it would be better to expect to send a second message that a response has not come and ask if a "typo" could have occurred and if that could be investigated. We all know very well that these things happen. These days I get more wrong numbers in a month than I did in a year when we all only had rotary phones.

Sometimes, it sounds more like an unruly mob out there, than a discussion group. No one deserves to be castigated because of an oversight. Teo is one of the best contributors to this site and has an excellent overview and approach to topics. He shows a marked thoughtfulness in his approach, and such people do not blow others off with disrespect. If one is going to reverse roles, it is always better to put yourself in someone else's shoes that to put them in your shoes. Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 pm 

TwentyKHzPlus wrote:
In this day of total reliance on small hand held digital devices, with tiny screens and larger male thumbs, it should be of no surprise that typing errors happen and go unnoticed despite a texter's best efforts. There is no auto-correct for web names. As with today's marketplace, the ever new never gets a real chance to settle in. The real mistake is to always expect everything to go perfectly and to expect people to know, before you do, that they have actually made a mistake. Think about how many "typo" errors one sees here on CAM. Before one starts bad mouthing someone, it would be better to expect to send a second message that a response has not come and ask if a "typo" could have occurred and if that could be investigated. We all know very well that these things happen. These days I get more wrong numbers in a month than I did in a year when we all only had rotary phones.

Sometimes, it sounds more like an unruly mob out there, than a discussion group. No one deserves to be castigated because of an oversight. Teo is one of the best contributors to this sight and has an excellent overview and approach to topics. He shows a marked thoughtfulness in his approach, and such people do not blow others off with disrespect. If one is going to reverse roles, it is always better to put yourself in someone else's shoes that to put them in your shoes. Cheers!

+1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:40 pm 

brownslane wrote:
TwentyKHzPlus wrote:

Sometimes, it sounds more like an unruly mob out there, than a discussion group. No one deserves to be castigated because of an oversight. Teo is one of the best contributors to this sight and has an excellent overview and approach to topics. He shows a marked thoughtfulness in his approach, and such people do not blow others off with disrespect. If one is going to reverse roles, it is always better to put yourself in someone else's shoes that to put them in your shoes. Cheers!

+1

Well said.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:11 pm 

Should rename the thread...

"wasting too much time with thread about TEO Audio..."

;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:07 pm 

TwentyKHzPlus wrote:
In this day of total reliance on small hand held digital devices, with tiny screens and larger male thumbs, it should be of no surprise that typing errors happen and go unnoticed despite a texter's best efforts. There is no auto-correct for web names. As with today's marketplace, the ever new never gets a real chance to settle in. The real mistake is to always expect everything to go perfectly and to expect people to know, before you do, that they have actually made a mistake. Think about how many "typo" errors one sees here on CAM. Before one starts bad mouthing someone, it would be better to expect to send a second message that a response has not come and ask if a "typo" could have occurred and if that could be investigated.

A second message? I did send a second message... and a third... and a fourth... and a fifth... and a sixth... and a seventh... all of them unanswered. I sent a couple messages through CAM, one through Audio Circle, a few through their website, a number to their personal email accounts. I'm sorry, but this isn't merely about a typo, or some impatient tire kicking yahoo trying to stir the pot, arouse the mob etc. No, I'm merely trying to patronize a business. How much time and effort should that require? Tell me 20 KHz, have you ever been half as patient or persevering as I have been in your desire to patronize a business? I bet the opportunity to do so never came your way!

Nonetheless I am happy to say that the lines of communication have been established and that I have placed my order for what I believe is a truly exceptional product. If it wasn't for that conviction, I would have given up a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 pm 

Attachments:
88855.gif
88855.gif [ 13.13 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm 

Imperatives of customer service - as taught in the Service and Professionalism course at Ryerson:
timely
responsiveness
assurance
empathy
tangibles

without a brick and mortar storefront, tangibles are not really applicable.
given the information presented in this thread I'm not seeing where any of the others have been met.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 pm 

If there were numerous complaints from the CAM community regarding Teo, then it would be safe to say that Teo had difficulties with it's customer service. To my knowledge, there is no such track record, and, as succinctly put by others in this thread, Teo has always come across in a highly professional fashion. Good God, we are human, and we all make mistakes. It's highly dangerous to bring this issue to the CAM community at large, and one must carefully weigh the need to publicly broadcast personal frustrations, against the potential damage that the broadcast could cause to the member. But I believe that Teo will weather this without any damage to reputation, based on his professionalism and steady contributions to CAM. This is not to diminish the frustrations felt be the OP, however I think that we need to step back and take a breather before we "out" someone, either via forum, or the feedback system.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:23 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 am 

cyrus wrote:
If there were numerous complaints from the CAM community regarding Teo, then it would be safe to say that Teo had difficulties with it's customer service. To my knowledge, there is no such track record...

I agree.

Quote:
TEO has always come across in a highly professional fashion. Good God, we are human, and we all make mistakes. It's highly dangerous to bring this issue to the CAM community at large, and one must carefully weigh the need to publicly broadcast personal frustrations, against the potential damage that the broadcast could cause to the member. But I believe that Teo will weather this without any damage to reputation, based on his professionalism and steady contributions to CAM. This is not to diminish the frustrations felt be the OP, however I think that we need to step back and take a breather before we "out" someone, either via forum, or the feedback system.

Well to be perfectly honest, stepping back and taking a breather wouldn't have accomplished anything. I'm glad I went public. It's not the way I prefer to do things, but having done so, I finally got their attention... had my questions answered... and placed my order. Had I not gone public, where would I be now? How much time and effort should it take to get a hold of a company you wish to patronize?

Customer service aside, it is my conviction that TEO makes exceptionally fine high performance cables. That is why I was so persistent when most people would have long since given up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 am 

mpublicover wrote:
Imperatives of customer service - as taught in the Service and Professionalism course at Ryerson:
timely
responsiveness
assurance
empathy
tangibles

without a brick and mortar storefront, tangibles are not really applicable.
given the information presented in this thread I'm not seeing where any of the others have been met.

+100.

"Just because you make some money off of it...
Doesn't mean that your 'Hobby' -- Is a real Business."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 am 

As a person tasked with seeing that discussions observe the rules and that feedback threads don't veer off into pile-ons, I have to weigh in.

This thread has served its purpose in getting the OP and Teo Audio into contact. Teo has responded with an explanation of the missed connection and the OP is on his way to getting his cable purchase. All is well that ends well.

It is, let's say, somewhat tiresome, to filter through posts about what should happen in audio dealing, what should have happened in this case, and the same posts, requoted in their entirety, to no end except to record a "Me, too".

So let's be clear about it : this issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2