Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:40 pm 

Great stuff guys!
I seldom peruse the gallery, nor post there, so this is a cool bragshag.

Everybody who likes the gear should have a pic. Now so handy, I did not have a cam till 5 yrs ago.

In the meantime, I have learned how to use it to the extent that you might expect from similar exposure time to a Simeon.

So here we go

Dedicated circuits on a seperate ground.
C46 preamp
MC402 amp
Mono Gallo SA subamps (400-600 wpc)
Media Center from http://www.sourceavtech.com/
10T total memory from Nick at the above addy. Hi Nick!
Bryston BDC-1 DAC

The speakers need no introduction.

I can easily drive 1KW into the speakers, if I pull an Emmitt Brown.

Cheers Lads!

Attachments:
newpic.JPG
newpic.JPG [ 52.77 KiB | Viewed 5788 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm 

My System.

Attachments:
Audio room-2.jpg
Audio room-2.jpg [ 330.11 KiB | Viewed 5782 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm 

BeEvil, you got it right.
When you cannot fight the corners, then embrace them and reduce the space as much as possible. well done. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm 

BeEvil,

Very cool piece of artwork/acoustic diffuser. Tell us a little about it please?

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm 

yournamehere wrote:
When you cannot fight the corners, then embrace them and reduce the space as much as possible. well done. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!

Thanks. I had to shoehorn the system in to the spare room. I had it in the recroom originally, but the wife wasn't so keen. But she graciously helped me set up the current room. The room treatments are a mish mash right now but I plan on doing some cool stuff with the stuff you see. Ala Viscoustics.

http://www.vicoustic.com/vn/Homecinema/

Andrew

-- 01 Feb 2011 00:25 --

MTB Vince wrote:
BeEvil,

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

Thanks so much. I had seen similar things on TV and such. So I decided to try my hand at building one. Again my wonderful wife helped out.

We purchased three 1X3's. Cut one in half and joined them all in to a frame. We took doweling and measured carefully and evenly along the frame. Making sure we could weave the veneer though them with out too much trouble. Drilled holes for them and inserted the dowels. Weaved the veneer through CAREFULLY. Trimmed the veneer to fit and voila! Was inexpensive, looks terrific and most importantly works like a charm.

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 pm 

BeEvil wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

Thanks. I had to shoehorn the system in to the spare room. I had it in the recroom originally, but the wife wasn't so keen. But she graciously helped me set up the current room. The room treatments are a mish mash right now but I plan on doing some cool stuff with the stuff you see. Ala Viscoustics.

http://www.vicoustic.com/vn/Homecinema/

Andrew

-- 01 Feb 2011 00:25 --

MTB Vince wrote:
BeEvil,

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

Thanks so much. I had seen similar things on TV and such. So I decided to try my hand at building one. Again my wonderful wife helped out.

We purchased three 1X3's. Cut one in half and joined them all in to a frame. We took doweling and measured carefully and evenly along the frame. Making sure we could weave the veneer though them with out too much trouble. Drilled holes for them and inserted the dowels. Weaved the veneer through CAREFULLY. Trimmed the veneer to fit and voila! Was inexpensive, looks terrific and most importantly works like a charm.

Andrew

Everything in life is a compromise. Work with the deal. No prob.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm 

acuratl wrote:
Lensman wrote:
acuratl wrote:
This is my system, from the top:

Roksan Radius 5/Dynavector Karat 17D3
Rega Saturn
Cary SLP98
Moon LP5.3/PSX 5.3
Trixie
PS Audio P300
Prima Luna Dialogue 7's
Reference 3A Episodes
Velodyne DD10
Cables, Gutwire Chime 2 IC. Kimber Bifocal XL speaker, Gutwire, JPS Labs, PS Audio power cables
Attachment:
100_2001 (2).jpg

Just curious about your speakers. I haven't heard them but hear good things. What did you look at buying otherwise before coming to decide on the Reference 3A's? Can you give your comments on them?
Thanks kindly.

To be honest, there was no shopping before I purchased the Episodes. I had owned the Reference 3A de Capo's and the MM's before that and was very pleased with both. So I thought the Episodes would offer more of the same, and I was right. I'm not sure if you've heard the de Capo's but the Episodes are just as balanced top to bottom, are detailed, exellent on vocals, (midrange purity) have a wide, deep soundstage, are very dynamic and have what I believe to be better bass extension than the 38hz spec. They are also very easy to drive; my previous amps, the ASL 22 watt SET AQ 1006/845's had no difficulty driving them. I highly recommend them.

I am interested in the De Capo's and I will be using them on a bookshelf. Would this be a bad idea? I would be using them with a Blue Circle Integrated.

Thanks
Milesd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm 

Mine....

Attachment:
system1.jpg
system1.jpg [ 93.88 KiB | Viewed 5660 times ]

Attachment:
system2.jpg
system2.jpg [ 118.14 KiB | Viewed 5660 times ]

From source to speakers.

Rega P3-2000, Dynavector 10x5
Audio Research PH-3
VPI 16.5
Squeezebox Touch
Cary 303-200
Audible Illusions L2
Mcintosh MC-150
Piega C-2 with original stands
Tripp-Lite Smart Power Regenerator
All cable from Ultimate - Carl from Montreal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 pm 

How in the world do you attach a jpeg?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 pm 

Some really great systems...MTB, I am learning about room treatments by osmosis...I thought curtains and paintings were treatments...But guys..what's with the tv's???? I thought this was about two channel audio as per Mr. Acoustat's original post...does that mean the tv's only receive two channels? sounds like when I grew up in vancouver..CBC and KVOS tv :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm 

Tubaman wrote:
Some really great systems...MTB, I am learning about room treatments by osmosis...I thought curtains and paintings were treatments...But guys..what's with the tv's???? I thought this was about two channel audio as per Mr. Acoustat's original post...does that mean the tv's only receive two channels? sounds like when I grew up in vancouver..CBC and KVOS tv :lol: :lol:

The tv is for my wife, that's my M.A.F. i accept her tv, she accepts my system, that's what happen's with just one living room, in a 1150 sq feet condo pretty hard to have two living rooms, when i sold the bungalow i lost my dedicated room BUT the time saved on outside work i spend on listening to music, better for my heart.

PS: The tv is'nt hooked up to the system, FOR ME the tv is for my eyes and the system is for my ears, i have only two so all i need is 2 channels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by MrAcoustat on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 pm 

Great post!!! As someone said just like show and tell. My room is't done :( :( so I will post mine later, probably much later, unless you guys want to come over and help me build :wink: :wink: Like an old fashioned barn raising :D :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:40 pm 

milesD, while I understand your interest in the de Capo, I wouldn't recommend bookshelf placement for them. They need room to breath as they are rear ported. 1 meter from the rear wall would be ideal, if possible. A good set of 24" stands, filled with sand, such as the Skylan 4 post I used, would allow them to perform to their capability. While I'm not familiar with your integrated, I would guess it would have no problem with them, as they are an easy load.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:44 pm 

Brodie1 wrote:
My listening room, the speaker stands, audio rack, room acoustic panels are DIY. The gear is: Xindak XA6950 amp, DAC-8,Muse 2.0 CD player, Grant Fidelity RBS-1 speakers, and Grant Fidelity RPF-120.

I think that you win the WAF award hands down!

George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 pm 

Hi Guys,

Here is my 2 channel system . Thank you to Mr,Acoustat for starting up great post :)

McIntosh C2300 Tube Pre amp.
McIntosh MC275 Tube Amp x2.
McIntosh MCD 500 CD
Wadia 170i
Kimber KS 1130 , Monocle XL
Sonus Faber Elipsa as main speakers and Harbeth SHL5 as sub speakers.

Happy Listening :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 118  Next