Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Newcastle, ON, CA
I'm looking for something like an Audioengine D1 only cheaper if possible. It must have an optical input.

Thanks for any suggestions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 2737
Location: London, ON, CA
PERRLA wrote:
I'm looking for something like an Audioengine D1 only cheaper if possible. It must have an optical input.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you tried Google?

or

Check items sold here on CAM.

just a sample under "Headphone Amplifiers"...

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649379691-teac-udh01-asis/

Regards
Ohms

_________________
When you feel the need to upgrade, buy what you like, not what we want...
I stand for the National Anthem.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Newcastle, ON, CA
AudiOhm wrote:
PERRLA wrote:
I'm looking for something like an Audioengine D1 only cheaper if possible. It must have an optical input.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you tried Google?

or

Check items sold here on CAM.

just a sample under "Headphone Amplifiers"...

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649379691-teac-udh01-asis/

Regards
Ohms


I didn't find anything with a search here using $100 max limit and nothing on Amazon/Ebay.

Maybe I should ask my question differently. I want to be able to watch TV at nite using headphones. The only output my TV has is an optical one.

-- 22 Sep 2017 18:35 --

Nevermind, I think Chromecast will work!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:17 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: New Westminster, BC, CA
Something like this? Has optical input and headphone output. Price is right too.
https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Digital-Converter-Adapter-Headphones/dp/B01LLB0NA8?tag=canuckca-20" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Digital- ... B01LLB0NA8

_________________
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Newcastle, ON, CA
stickers11 wrote:
Something like this? Has optical input and headphone output. Price is right too.
https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Digital-Converter-Adapter-Headphones/dp/B01LLB0NA8?tag=canuckca-20" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Digital- ... B01LLB0NA8


Yes, this is exactly what I need. Thanks!

I just realized chromecast won't work because there's no volume control.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group