Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Asona Headphone Stand
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 am 

Is anyone familiar with the Asona Headphone Stand?
It's a knockoff of the Sieveking Omega Headphone Stand ($229), but sells for $69.99 on Amazon.ca, as well as other locations.
Basically, just want to make sure it sits level and doesn't splinter. I have one of the Omega stands, it's very nice but pricey.
I bought another knockoff last year for about $48, but it's terrible, doesn't sit level and poor quality. So, was hoping that maybe the Ansona would be a better compromise.
https://www.amazon.ca/Asona-Veneer-Headphone-Hanger-Holder/dp/B01JERXWX6/ref=sr_1_152?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1483551762&sr=1-152&keywords=headphone+stand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 am 
Premium User

I have the Asona Headphone Stand. Very nice. Well-made, looks good and splinter-free!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am 

I have the asona from amazon, arrived safe and sound. I guess the risk is always shipping with delicate items.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 am 

Tangram wrote:
I have the Asona Headphone Stand. Very nice. Well-made, looks good and splinter-free!

Thanks for the quick feedback Tangram. Where did you get yours? I see there's a couple of distributors in the GTA as well.

-- 04 Jan 2017 19:19 --

seve20 wrote:
I have the asona from amazon, arrived safe and sound. I guess the risk is always shipping with delicate items.

Thank you also, for the feedback, seve20!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:29 am 

bbsupersport wrote:
It's a knockoff of the Sieveking Omega Headphone Stand ($229), but sells for $69.99 on Amazon.ca, as well as other locations.
Basically, just want to make sure it sits level and doesn't splinter. I have one of the Omega stands, it's very nice but pricey.
I bought another knockoff last year for about $48, but it's terrible, doesn't sit level and poor quality. So, was hoping that maybe the Ansona would be a better compromise.
https://www.amazon.ca/Asona-Veneer-Headphone-Hanger-Holder/dp/B01JERXWX6/ref=sr_1_152?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1483551762&sr=1-152&keywords=headphone+stand

Ordered this off Amazon for my son for Christmas. He uses it with his Audeze EL-8 headphones. Shipped quickly and arrived in perfect condition. He loves it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 am 

audioroom wrote:
bbsupersport wrote:

Ordered this off Amazon for my son for Christmas. He uses it with his Audeze EL-8 headphones. Shipped quickly and arrived in perfect condition. He loves it.

Very good! How does he like the EL-8's?
I picked up my son a pair of the Focal Listens, which sound very nice for the money, lots of detail.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:51 am 

bbsupersport wrote:
audioroom wrote:
bbsupersport wrote:

Very good! How does he like the EL-8's?
I picked up my son a pair of the Focal Listens, which sound very nice for the money, lots of detail.

He loves the sound of them but has had a few issues with the headphone band. Apparently a screw inside has come loose and this is a common problem with the EL-8s. The dealer has offered a free replacement or a great price to trade up to the new LCD-2. I think he will likely get the LCD-2s instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:08 pm 
Premium User

bbsupersport wrote:
Tangram wrote:

Thanks for the quick feedback Tangram. Where did you get yours? I see there's a couple of distributors in the GTA as well.

seve20 wrote:

Amazon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 pm 

audioroom wrote:
He loves the sound of them but has had a few issues with the headphone band. Apparently a screw inside has come loose and this is a common problem with the EL-8s. The dealer has offered a free replacement or a great price to trade up to the new LCD-2. I think he will likely get the LCD-2s instead.

Wow! Nice opportunity to upgrade! I'm not sure how much of a sonic upgrade that is from the EL-8's, but I had the chance to listen to the LCD-2's last winter when I was buying my headphone amp. Very nice sounding headphones. I'd have a hard time paying full pop for a pair, but given the right opportunity to upgrade at the right price and I'd be all over it! Best of luck to your son.

-- 04 Jan 2017 21:25 --

Tangram wrote:
bbsupersport wrote:
Tangram wrote:

seve20 wrote:

Amazon.
Very good...just ordered it! Thanks again.