Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 am 

I recently noticed that there are Audeze Sine On-Ear headphones being sold on Amazon.ca for $414 - http://amzn.to/2oY9QYd

Sees to be a pretty good price, considering it comes with the iPhone Lightning Cipher cable, that often costs $100US alone.

Anyone have experience with these? Worth the money as far as portability, durability, SQ? Would love to hear some thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:07 am 

raindogtrombone wrote:
I recently noticed that there are Audeze Sine On-Ear headphones being sold on Amazon.ca for $414 - http://amzn.to/2oY9QYd

Sees to be a pretty good price, considering it comes with the iPhone Lightning Cipher cable, that often costs $100US alone.

Anyone have experience with these? Worth the money as far as portability, durability, SQ? Would love to hear some thoughts.

Why not contact a local dealer on the Audeze, e.g. Audio by Mark Jones, Executive, Headphone Shop, etc?

Audeze dealers in Ontario

Best support and likely will not be far off in price!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:32 am 

Quote:
Why not contact a local dealer on the Audeze, e.g. Audio by Mark Jones, Executive, Headphone Shop, etc?

Audeze dealers in Ontario

Best support and likely will not be far off in price!

I like the idea but maybe you should check their price before you said that cause they are quoting 599 on line.

As to the OP question I have been using the sine with a portable amp and dap when walking the dog for about 9 months

I find them ideal for that task, sound wise I find them very clear, a realistic presentation, good bass, excellent separation between the instruments and very good micro dynamics. They really impressed me from the start and have continued to do so through the many months I have used them, I walk the dog twice a day and actually look forward to using them each time. The only caution I can think of is to make sure you have enough power to drive them properly, sometimes I don't have the amp charged enough and part way through the walk the amp dies and I have to use the dap output alone, while that is adequate it in no way meets the sound of using the amp and dap. I use an astell & kerns which is suppose to have enough power.

If you have any more questions please feel free to send me a pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:04 pm 

Just received a pair. Astonishing. Acoustic instruments, dynamics micro and macro, all there. Sounds better using the Cipher cable than my iFi DAC. Being planar, more power is better.

Go ahead pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed I think. Caveat: ear lobe size will factor. My small ears actually fit right in with minor adjustments. I've been listening for hours upon hours since I got them. Grand productions such as soundtrack to Gladiator, or Pink Floyd live in HD will convince.

Then yesterday, day of arrival I learn of an upcoming Sine open back. But I don't care. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:38 pm 

Normally the Sine with lightning cable is $699. That price on amazon is fantastic!!!

I own the denon mm400 and it's coloured and warm but great for easy listening. The Sine has been on my radar but the lightning dac imo sounds thin and "OK" but nothing to be amazed about.

The sound signature of the Sine is more neutral like what you'd expect from a pair of book shelf monitor speakers with no colour. More of a "HiFi" headphone not a "V Shaped" sound signature as it's plays more in the neutral zone.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in that CHEAP price on Amazon. I'm assuming you'll be using for portable use since they are portable HP. If I was sitting at home I'd rather listen to my cheap HE400i over a Sine. IMO the HD650 or HE400i sounds more rich and enjoyable.

Just remember everyone is subjective about what they like and do not like. I like the SQ of my HE400I more so over my HD650 but they are great when I want to chill out. When I want energy with a stupid wide sound stage my modified HD800 does the trick.

The Sine's are probaby rated on of the higher end portables. They sound way better than the Senn Momentums (Meh) or even the non portable audioquest Nighthawks (blehhhh).

If you own an apple iphone 7 .....I'm sorry to hear that :) The iphone 6 or 6+ 3.5mm headphone port sounds better to my ears over the apple lightning Audeze mini DAC headphone cord. After extensive testing the iphone6 factory headphone jack has more life and not FLAT like the audeze cord. The Iphone 6+ using the iphone7 1.5mm headphone pig tail sounds terrible compared to the iphone 6+ HP jack. I'm so sad to see that HP jack go in the iphone 7.

I cannot believe my $550 denon MM400 is soooooooooooooo cheap on amazon!!!!

https://www.amazon.ca/Denon-AH-MM400-Ma ... m400+denon

I'd seriously suggest these headphones as well as the sine.