Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:58 pm 

i tried most of the day to get on Ticketmaster after hearing the concert announcement.i finally got through this afternoon,and all that was left were crap seats for 178 bucks plus taxes and everything else they throw at you.i like Gilmour alot but not going to fork out close to a grand for 4 tickets.im wondering why only 4 North American dates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:35 pm 

I heard today that there will be a second ACC show added on April first. No joke!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:21 pm 

good sound wrote:
I heard today that there will be a second ACC show added on April first. No joke!

It's true! Tix on sale in 5 days. Majority of best seats reserved for legal scalpin tho...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:23 pm 

That's just great. A gazillion dollars to hear a dinosaur goin' through the motions. I'll pass thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 pm 

Tisk, tisk, why so negative. :wink:
I saw the last tour. Was not expecting much after all these years, but was more than pleasantly surprised. Especially impressive were his guitar chops. Easily more happenin than the last couple Floyd tours. I hear his son is a hippie Phish head. Maybe Gilmour's hangin around with a new crew of young rockers and feelin inspired.
Last tour was only a few years ago (or so it seems). And a much smaller venue at Massey Hall. I got first balcony for around a hundred fitty. Those were the days. :D :shock:
Pretty sure touring hasn't gotten that much more expensive since then. But if the last tour/bluray is any indication, the new tour might just be worth the high price of admission.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 pm 

Yes that Massey Hall show (with Richard Wright, RIP) was incredible. Hard to believe the upcoming shows mark 10 years since!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:06 pm 

Last night's show at ACC was incredible. Probably the best guitar performance I've ever seen! Even better than the show from last decade, complete with extended solos every song!
SQ was loud and super..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:59 am 

Erik wrote:
That's just great. A gazillion dollars to hear a dinosaur goin' through the motions. I'll pass thanks.

As a person approaching dinosaurhood, I suppose I am a little more willing to take a risk when it's an icon. Saw Roger Waters (weak voice) but still very good show, McCartney (same) Springsteen (same), so I should have been hesitant to go and see Gilmour but, so glad I went. Some dinosaurs are like apples ( only good for a while) others are like wine (better drink it before someone else does) or you'll miss out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:26 am 

philipwilson wrote:
Erik wrote:

As a person approaching dinosaurhood, I suppose I am a little more willing to take a risk when it's an icon. Saw Roger Waters (weak voice) but still very good show, McCartney (same) Springsteen (same), so I should have been hesitant to go and see Gilmour but, so glad I went. Some dinosaurs are like apples ( only good for a while) others are like wine (better drink it before someone else does) or you'll miss out.

Springsteen weak of voice? ...you must have been sitting by the beer concession :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:38 am 

Stone wrote:
philipwilson wrote:
Erik wrote:

Springsteen weak of voice? ...you must have been sitting by the beer concession :D

A friend of mine, who is a huge Springsteen fan, told me that on his more recent tours Bruce has indeed shown a significant reduction in the power and range of his voice. It happens to virtually everyone not named Tony Bennett sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:45 am 

Stone wrote:
philipwilson wrote:
Erik wrote:

That is my usual spot, perhaps "weak" is a little too strong a term.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:52 am 

lol...I was at the ACC show in Feb...awesome :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:16 pm 

bigcam406 wrote:
i tried most of the day to get on Ticketmaster after hearing the concert announcement.i finally got through this afternoon,and all that was left were crap seats for 178 bucks plus taxes and everything else they throw at you.i like Gilmour alot but not going to fork out close to a grand for 4 tickets.im wondering why only 4 North American dates.

well,i caved and spent 1500 bucks for 4 of us to go last night.it was worth every penny.i figured since he just turned 70,he wont be back anytime soon,as he will be touring Europe through the summer and fall of this year.sound quality was amazing for the ACC,kudos to his sound engineer.it doesnt get any better than what i witnessed last night,brilliant performance from David and his band.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:25 pm 

Stone wrote:

Ya, just going by what my friend Tony told me. I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, certainly appreciate his talent, but have never seen him live. I know his concerts used to be legendary, sometimes approaching four hours in length at high energy levels with no breaks.

Probably more a case of perspective than anything else, or an off night. Everyone, including Springsteen, can have an off night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:48 pm 

good sound wrote:
Stone wrote:

Ya, just going by what my friend Tony told me. I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, certainly appreciate his talent, but have never seen him live. I know his concerts used to be legendary, sometimes approaching four hours in length at high energy levels with no breaks.

Probably more a case of perspective than anything else, or an off night. Everyone, including Springsteen, can have an off night.

Yes, I have no talent, apparently except for pissing off Bruce fans. Love his music.