Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Got Room Treatment?
Do you have a dedicated listening room? 35%  35%  [ 98 ]
Do you have room treatments in the listening area? 33%  33%  [ 91 ]
Do you plan on treating your listening area or adding more room treatments within the next year? 22%  22%  [ 61 ]
Did you use software to measure the room for acoustic flatness? 11%  11%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 280
 Post subject: Re: Room Treatment Poll
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 am 

chuttt wrote:
(note my definition of room treatment includes proper positioning of speakers wrt to the treatment.)

Absolutely!

Why does it seem like some users are intent on making it an us vs you thing. It's science...... It is what it is..... Physics..... It can be boiled down to math and uncomplicated unromantic dispassionate formulas.

In the end if you are happy with your setup that is what matters. No one is an idiot for enjoying their system. In the end the subjective experience is all that matters. I define what makes a good system makeup a little differently is all.

2ch setup goals. The science way.
http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/wp-con ... ndards.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 am 

Can we move on. Post a pic of your room or treatment info. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:47 am 

Well when its such a basic thing that most people who produce, mix or engineer music absolutely require treatment even for systems costing a 10th of what alot of people on here have, so they can deliver properly mixed content. Then yeah I'd say its pretty fair to call someone out on for saying treatment isn't a concern?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 pm 

naimkid wrote:
How would you know that it's the room treatment one needs to focus on and not the equipment upgrade?

I would spend my money on upgrading equipments instead of pillows, egg cartons and acoustic panels.

That's me, everyone else is of course can do what they think would be right for them.
I like dipoles, so standing room nodes aren't an issue, and I can't turn the volume up much anyhow, so I use minimal damping just to tame the HF reflections. Jute blinds on the walls/corners in behind the speakers and diffusers at the first reflection points, as well as some strategically placed wall rugs and a coat rack in the dining room behind the listening position.

I have one guest that prefers I remove these treatments to make the room as lively as possible, and I'm happy to oblige. To each they're own, I say. 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4