Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Microrendu
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm 

Just installed one in my secondary system. Love the sound but trying to find a way to integrate it with Tidal that doesn’t involve Roon. I can play through Roon fine on the microrendu, but when switching zones to my Auralic Aries, playback stutters, then works fine for a while then stutters. I love the Aries with the native Lighting app, but would love to stream Tidal to the Microrendu without resorting to Roon. Any ideas? Also need to have iPad or android control over whatever app streams to the microrendu.

Decware SE84UFO2... Chord 2Qute... Omega SAM's... TEO GC Liquid Cables... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner... MCRU LPS... Audioquest Dragonfly Red... Zavfino1877 power cord.

Post subject: Re: Microrendu
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 am 

Ah! Got it! Bubbleupnp server and Linn Kazoo. Perfect.

Decware SE84UFO2... Chord 2Qute... Omega SAM's... TEO GC Liquid Cables... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner... MCRU LPS... Audioquest Dragonfly Red... Zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm 

Good to know, thanks! I thought Lightning DS Incorporated Tidal?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 am 

msommers wrote:
Good to know, thanks! I thought Lightning DS Incorporated Tidal?

Yep it does indeed. I was trying to figure out how to use Tidal on the microrendu on my second system without resorting to Roon. Finally figured it out using Bubbleupnp on my laptop, plus bubble on an android tablet. There’s an option to link to Tidal in the android app, doesn’t however seem to be one in the iOS Linn Kazoo. With bubble for android you can also link to JRMC if you use it. Basically you get Roon look alike without the bells and whistles. Must say after a few days of listening I think the Lightning app streaming sounds better than Roon streaming, at least in my setup.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:01 pm 

I run Tidal direct from the BubbleUPNP on my Android phone over the microRendu (sans laptop most of the time), unless I want to access some of my local files (which is getting rarer these days because of Tidal). Bought myself a NAS that I plan to move my music to, so I don't need to power up the laptop anymore, and can access everything from BubbleUPNP whenever the mood strikes me. Should be sweet!