Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 pm 

This is probably a dumb question, but I am thinking of buying an aune X1s dac/amp, but before I do, I want to make sure that I won't have any problems.
I am wondering if it will have any issues with streaming services, such as Google Play Music, Spotify, or Tidal using pc or Android? Or will a dac typically play anything that the device will play? I don't have any trouble with my fiio e07k on either.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:48 pm 

Peter S wrote:
This is probably a dumb question, but I am thinking of buying an aune X1s dac/amp, but before I do, I want to make sure that I won't have any problems.
I am wondering if it will have any issues with streaming services, such as Google Play Music, Spotify, or Tidal using pc or Android? Or will a dac typically play anything that the device will play? I don't have any trouble with my fiio e07k on either.

Depends on what you are going to use for your streaming service's?

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:27 am 

In my experience of using Windows based PC Audio (Spotify specifically) and an Matrix X-Sabre DAC, I have not had any major issues with streaming, especially since Spotify has the "Spotify Connect" playback option which allows the PC Desktop Spotify software to be the source and an Ipad/Iphone as the remote. This bypasses the Airplay option, assuming your receiver/integrated has it and allows the DAC in between the PC and receiver/integrated.

My only complaint/issue is that I use J-River on the same PC as my digital file (DSD/Hi-Res) playback software and it does not integrate with Spotify so jumping back and forth between the two sources can be a bit of a chore (although Spotify has 95% of what I have on my PC so I'm only jumping for Playlists) Sonos and Spotify are integrated so that works much better when it comes to using the Sonos Controller app.

Also, with Windows and a Digital/Media File manager like J-River, if one has their J-River set to maximize the DAC, one can use the WDM Driver (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver) which allows a user to set JRiver as the default playback device on Windows, forcing anything PC based to go through it and thus use the DAC.

Clear as mud.