Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:01 pm 

Che Cavolo wrote:
dungvn wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:
^ @ dungvn, you would think an authorized dealer should be equipped to effect that type of repair and that would be offered as a solution....

they did not mention the dealer. Plus according to them, I only had one option and that was the upgrade with a lot of extra money while I only wanted to have it repaired. With that money for the upgrade I could spend on a very good turntable.

Did you actually scrap it?

I used as-is as trade in for value that is next to nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:10 am 

So sorry to hear Dung. I am glad I did not get the Ingenium then.

I loved it but the speed/pitch issues scared me.

What did you end up getting?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 am 

banerjba wrote:
So sorry to hear Dung. I am glad I did not get the Ingenium then.

I loved it but the speed/pitch issues scared me.

What did you end up getting?

Thanks Barbi. This is what I ended up. It made the Avid tt look like a toy and I never looked back.

Attachments:
IMG_3734.JPG
IMG_3734.JPG [ 244.05 KiB | Viewed 410 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 am 

Wow!

I am not familiar with that brand but it is stunning Dung, well done.

I know you are a classical music and prog rock guy like me so I would be curious to hear how you ended up with that one.

I really liked two arm configuration on the Avid table I was looking at but decided to stay with my Clearaudio Concept table and add a two-box Clearaudio Basic Plus phono pre and a Nordost wiring instead of a new table. I am very happy with this set up through the Harbeth C7s.

I really like the larger Avid table's sound. More stable and neutral than the Linn but still with just the right amount of PRaT. Not a toe tapper like a Linn but for classical music the Avid was very good sounding.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 am 

banerjba wrote:
Wow!

I am not familiar with that brand but it is stunning Dung, well done.

I know you are a classical music and prog rock guy like me so I would be curious to hear how you ended up with that one.

I really liked two arm configuration on the Avid table I was looking at but decided to stay with my Clearaudio Concept table and add a two-box Clearaudio Basic Plus phono pre and a Nordost wiring instead of a new table. I am very happy with this set up through the Harbeth C7s.

I really like the larger Avid table's sound. More stable and neutral than the Linn but still with just the right amount of PRaT. Not a toe tapper like a Linn but for classical music the Avid was very good sounding.

When I had the Avid tt, I thought it sounded good enough and I would not try anything else. The problem of the Avis tt gave me a chance to get this tt and I would say it totally blows the avid away. It is certainly a beast at 300 lbs by the way :)! For the kind of music I mostly listen to -classical, jazz, and especially vocal, this tt really shines.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm 

That thing is freakin' awesome, sometimes an off experience results in a really sweet outcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm 

Che Cavolo wrote:
That thing is freakin' awesome, sometimes an off experience results in a really sweet outcome.

Well, I don't know. It did not come for free. Would have been much better if I had not gone through that problem. It cost me dearly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 am 

I have an Avid TT that I bought from Gramaphone in Edmonton.
No mechanical problems and the dealer replaced the belt when it was prematurely worn.
Have had it for 5 yrs or more

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:33 am 

Try 200lb, not that it would make any difference in sound between 300 versus 200lb.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:08 pm 

Avid has a good warranty on new tables. The Ingenium is a very simple but excellent sounding drive unit. I have one that I enjoy with a OL arm and 2M Black mounted right now and it sounds incredible. For the money it is a good unit. I also have a hot rod Scout with a HRX Super platter, HRX feet, 300 rpm motor with SDS drive and numerous other tweaks, this rig cost thousands compared to the little Avid but my ears say that it is in the same league. I have dealt with the Gramaphone and Brooklyn Audio before and service is great with both companies. I am sorry to hear about problems with the Volvere sometimes more expensive and complicated does not mean better. I try to follow the K.I.S.S. rule for most things the more gizmo's and whizzers the more the chance of them breaking. My 2 cents if it helps.