Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm 

shawnwes wrote:
finski wrote:
My Nagaoka MP50S is quite old, still sounds good to me, but must be reaching its end. Having learned the replacement stylus is $470, I think it's time to move on.

Am thinking Dynavector, Denon, Grado?? and would like to keep it under $500, less preferable.

The Gon has an advertiser with new Denon 103 MC for $187 US which sounds like a good (maybe great) deal (perhaps B#s can elaborate on its' performance, the reviews have been good), also the Grado entry level wood MC for $300. Canadian prices for Grado seem to have skyrocketed in the last year notwithstanding the better $. There hasn't been much talk of cartridges of late, a good time to get off the cable train....all vinyl guys input appreciated. With a cartridge, I would probably prefer to go with new product.

Analogue setup: Rega Planar 2, well isolated and tweaked, RB300 arm stock, NAD PP2 MM/MC pre.

Thanks in advance

Finski

post deleted - just saw this thread was started 12 yrs ago... :oops:

Now I'm sorry I got sidetracked and waited to respond, but I read it, about 103r's and Laphroiag. i developed a bit of a 103r sickness and have 3 of them. My daily driver is a 103r on a Jelco 750, Sota Star into Modwright. I also still have and use the Sleeping Beauty.
I still have the Rega doing cottage duty, with a Cardas wired RB-250, Kerry weight and exotic wood damper, into a Furutech GT-40 pre. With the extra mass on the arm, it's a surprisingly good match for another 103r.
Also tried the 103r on a 1210 Mkii stock arm for some time, with good results.... :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:29 am 

I have a 1980 linn sondek lp 12 turntable with fidelity-research fr-14 tone arm and fidelity-research fr-1 mk3 cartridge. What would be a good MM for this arm for around or under 500$

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 am 

twotone23 wrote:
I have a 1980 linn sondek lp 12 turntable with fidelity-research fr-14 tone arm and fidelity-research fr-1 mk3 cartridge. What would be a good MM for this arm for around or under 500$

Find yourself a Linn Adikt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23