Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:32 am 
Offline
Premium User

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:47 pm
Posts: 1220
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
admin wrote:
Hi everyone,

On behalf of all of us here at CAM, I'm incredibly pleased to introduce to you the newest member of our moderation team: airdronian.

You may know or recognize airdronian as an active participant and valuable member of the community, a level headed individual and great resource. I'm very thankful for airdronian accepting our invitation to help moderate the forum and the classifieds and I hope you give him a warm welcome.

As I'm sure many of you are aware, the mod team works very hard to help encourage a healthy community in the forum, but also to fight bad actors in the classifieds who seek to defraud and scam others. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes towards these goals and our years of continued success is a testament to the efforts of the team. This is a vital part of the safety and healthy continuation of our community and we owe these gentlemen a great deal of thanks for all their efforts, and now with airdoniana to help out we hope to continue this ongoing effort to keep the community friendly, on point with our core values, and safe.


Superb addition. One of the classiest CAMers, without a doubt. Congrats Airdronian!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 658
Location: hamilton, ON, CA
i think every province should have representation


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 17474
Location: Peterborough, ON, CA
rednecknber wrote:
i think every province should have representation



...but...proportional to population... :D

_________________
“Hey man...thanks.” Gord Downie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 613
Location: Repentigny, QC, CA
Welcome Airdronian, :P

I only hope and sincerely this doesn't announce OBI56 will leave so soon :oops:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 306
Location: edmonton, AB, CA
Great choice, welcome. Thanks to all mods for the time and effort.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 pm
Posts: 1150
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
revjac wrote:
All Right Airdronian!! An Alberta rep on the Mod Squad! Just forget the Edmonton-Calgary rivalry when one of us in Edmonton gets to shooting his mouth off! You have to be fair. As fair as you can. Sorta'. :shock:

Great post revjac. Congratulations Airdronian!

_________________
1963 Fender Precision Bass
Ampeg SVT and Ampeg 8x10 cabinet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:48 am 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:33 am
Posts: 40
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Congratulations Airdronian!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:58 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13719
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
A tough job, but somebody has to it. Few are better qualified. :)

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 658
Location: hamilton, ON, CA
Stone wrote:
rednecknber wrote:
i think every province should have representation



...but...proportional to population... :D

that should have no bearing


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Sherwood Park, AB, CA
Right On


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:50 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 pm
Posts: 18449
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
revoxb77 wrote:
Welcome Airdronian, :P

I only hope and sincerely this doesn't announce OBI56 will leave so soon :oops:


There are still 57.5 hours left to 2016 and I'M not dead yet you know .... :lol:

Actually, the addition of Airdronian to the mod staff has been in the works since this summer with lots of back and forth discussions among the other mods about suitable members before an offer was extended to him just in time for Christmas (the dreaded poisoned cookie), which he most graciously accepted. He brings some new technical knowledge to the team on the IP side of things which will be very helpful to some of the other mods.

So, welcome aboard Airdronian


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 658
Location: hamilton, ON, CA
OBI56 wrote:
revoxb77 wrote:
Welcome Airdronian, :P

I only hope and sincerely this doesn't announce OBI56 will leave so soon :oops:


There are still 57.5 hours left to 2016 and I'M not dead yet you know .... :lol:

Actually, the addition of Airdronian to the mod staff has been in the works since this summer with lots of back and forth discussions among the other mods about suitable members before an offer was extended to him just in time for Christmas (the dreaded poisoned cookie), which he most graciously accepted. He brings some new technical knowledge to the team on the IP side of things which will be very helpful to some of the other mods.

So, welcome aboard Airdronian

why not have all provinces represented


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 pm 
Online
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:36 pm
Posts: 3535
Location: Vernon, BC, CA
Good choice!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:15 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 pm
Posts: 18449
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
rednecknber wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
revoxb77 wrote:
Welcome Airdronian, :P

I only hope and sincerely this doesn't announce OBI56 will leave so soon :oops:


There are still 57.5 hours left to 2016 and I'M not dead yet you know .... :lol:

Actually, the addition of Airdronian to the mod staff has been in the works since this summer with lots of back and forth discussions among the other mods about suitable members before an offer was extended to him just in time for Christmas (the dreaded poisoned cookie), which he most graciously accepted. He brings some new technical knowledge to the team on the IP side of things which will be very helpful to some of the other mods.

So, welcome aboard Airdronian

why not have all provinces represented



6 mods
10 provinces and 3 territories
Do the math and tell me which province or territory doesn't get half a mod like all the others.... ;-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: Rio Rancho, NM, US
Attachment:
alrightalrightalright-1421151465.gif
alrightalrightalright-1421151465.gif [ 764.17 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

_________________
I think, therefore I am not sure.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group