Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

New Changes: Software Section!

Today we're launching some major changes to the Software section on Canuck Audio Mart to try and improve its usefulness and its utility for sellers.

The biggest changes are the following:

Homepage splits Latest Software vs Hardware

A long request feature is the ability to see all latest ads that are only Hardware or only Software on the homepage. You can now select which you want to display and it will be remembered on your next visit.

You can also "Browse All hardware" or "Browse all Software" now to see the latest entries of each type of listing.

Software Homepage

Software has its own full homepage and category now, where you can browse and search by genre and artist and see the latest listings in each format (CD, Vinyl, etc).

Artist, Album Title Organisation

Software is now considered a completely separate type of listing, and when you Place an Ad now it will ask you if you are posting a Hardware or Software listing. The Software Listing form also has fields for you to fill in the Album Title, Artist name, year etc in their own fields to make them accessible to all the search functions.

We try to make this easy for you by integrating with Discogs search, so if you type in an album and/or artist name and do a search it can prefill the rest for you.

List Multiple Software in a Single Ad

You can now list up to 30 albums in a single ad (Premium users can list up to 50).

1. Each album in the ad can have its own price and buyers can inquire about individual albums when they reply to your ad.
  2. You can mark as "sold", or turn off individual albums within your ad.
  3. You can upload a CSV or Excel spreadsheet to import albums into a multiple software listing (we also support Discogs export format).

Overall because this change is such a big one on the site we expect it to continue to evolve as we learn more about what the community needs. If you have a bunch of 20 or 30 albums you've been meaning to sell, now's the time to try it out!

Search results will show the exact matching album in Grouped Listings

New starting Dec 2016:

When users search for keywords that match the album title or artist within a Grouped Listing, the exact album's details will be returned in the search result.

See this screenshot for example:

Attachment:
search_results_return_exact_albums_matches.png
search_results_return_exact_albums_matches.png [ 19.73 KiB | Viewed 5659 times ]

There's now a new Software Catalog for each member who sells software

This Software Catalog shows every single album the user has for sale, across all his ads.

Here are some examples:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/user_sof ... r_id=33856

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/user_sof ... ser_id=229

From the Software catalog buyers can search, and also select multiple albums to inquire about in one go. This means you can shop the entire catalog of any seller regardless of how spread out his albums are across various ads.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 pm 

Looks great! Will there be a way in multiple listings to mark individual albums sold?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:47 pm 

Great !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:02 pm 

Medtech wrote:
Looks great! Will there be a way in multiple listings to mark individual albums sold?

Yes. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:58 am 
Premium User

It looks great thanks!

Could you give some thought to adding a DVD Audio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio) section? Lumping high resolution PCM audio only discs into the DVD video section seems odd to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:46 pm 

Back of the net :D
Thank you Admins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:02 pm 

electrafixion wrote:
It looks great thanks!

Could you give some thought to adding a DVD Audio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio) section? Lumping high resolution PCM audio only discs into the DVD video section seems odd to me.

Not just for DVD-As, but for SACDs and blu-ray Audio discs, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm 
Premium User

dc23 wrote:
electrafixion wrote:
It looks great thanks!

Not just for DVD-As, but for SACDs and blu-ray Audio discs, too.

The current selections are:
- CD
- SACD
- Vinyl
- DVD
- Blu-Ray

DVD-Audio is a distinct format (it requires specific player capabilities) and as should have it's own section.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:35 pm 

Medtech wrote:

Thought it was great, took the time to type up 42 albums for sale, tried to list it and my limit is 30 unless I want to pay. "Free for hobbyists" is slightly misleading. That being said, I realize websites cost money to run.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Medtech wrote:
Medtech wrote:

Thought it was great, took the time to type up 42 albums for sale, tried to list it and my limit is 30 unless I want to pay. "Free for hobbyists" is slightly misleading. That being said, I realize websites cost money to run.

Sorry about that. Maybe we need to modify the form to allow you to submit the 30 albums so you don't get stuck (did you manage to post by removing the extra 12 albums) and possibly warn you once you reach your limit, so you don't keep typing more. I'll look into that.

You can list 30 per month up to 100 per year with a free hobby account, I know some hobbyists may have a backlog and need to list more, we decided these limits were pretty reasonable even if they don't accommodate every user.

The full listing limitations for each user type is listed here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/support_us.php

One trick to make the most of your free quotas:

Don't relist the same albums over and over. If you list say 30 albums, sell 10 of them, and want to start a new ad to sell the remaining 20 plus another 10, you can move the albums over. The system counts only the number of albums you create, not the ones you move. So in the scenario I described, you would only have used 40 of your quota. If you instead turn off the first ad, then create another ad with the 20 unsold albums and the 10 new ones, you will use 60 of your yearly quota.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:53 am 

admin wrote:
Medtech wrote:
Medtech wrote:

Sorry about that. Maybe we need to modify the form to allow you to submit the 30 albums so you don't get stuck (did you manage to post by removing the extra 12 albums) and possibly warn you once you reach your limit, so you don't keep typing more. I'll look into that.

You can list 30 per month up to 100 per year with a free hobby account, I know some hobbyists may have a backlog and need to list more, we decided these limits were pretty reasonable even if they don't accommodate every user.

The full listing limitations for each user type is listed here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/support_us.php

One trick to make the most of your free quotas:

Don't relist the same albums over and over. If you list say 30 albums, sell 10 of them, and want to start a new ad to sell the remaining 20 plus another 10, you can move the albums over. The system counts only the number of albums you create, not the ones you move. So in the scenario I described, you would only have used 40 of your quota. If you instead turn off the first ad, then create another ad with the 20 unsold albums and the 10 new ones, you will use 60 of your yearly quota.

Why is it saying my free posts have run out when I've used 2 of 8 free posts for the month? I'm looking to put up some speakers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:34 am 
Site Developer

Medtech wrote:
Why is it saying my free posts have run out when I've used 2 of 8 free posts for the month? I'm looking to put up some speakers.

Thank you for reporting. The bug is fixed and you should be able to post non-software and bulk software ads.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:11 pm 

Teruteru wrote:
Medtech wrote:

Thank you for reporting. The bug is fixed and you should be able to post non-software and bulk software ads.

Good to go, thx!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm 

Maybe I'm missing something, but why am I still seeing software listed along with hardware when I'm specifically browsing the Hardware section?

I would have thought that eliminating such overlap would be one of the main goals of separating the sections.

Edit: Never mind, it was user error. Was using an old bookmark.

I do see however, that when clicking the 'Hardware' link at the top of the classifieds page, the 'Browse All Hardware Ads' option appears as plain text rather than a link (although it does click through as a proper link), which added to my confusion.

Carry on!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Just an update to the software system.

We've improved the search system so that specific albums within a Grouped Listing are now returned. A picture probably illustrates this best