Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

Today we're releasing a change to how Feedback is displayed in ads and profiles. Please read this carefully as Feedback is a critical part of our community safety and trust system.

I've wanted to make this Feedback Display change for some time now, and I think the new changes reflect a more balanced Feedback experience for a wide range of users.

Before today, if you have a negative or neutral feedback in your history, it shows up in the feedback summary of your ads and profile no matter what. This could mean that a user with 100+ positive feedback and 1 negative feedback has what I consider to be a somewhat unfairly negative looking feedback box in his ads, even if that negative feedback might be from years ago. If you look at many other online marketplaces it becomes clear that it's incredibly hard to maintain a 100% feedback if you have enough transactions, and there may be a chance of some that slip through the cracks even if a member maintains an otherwise excellent reputation. For myself and for many members that I've talked to, a person with a high ratio, such as a 99% positive feedback rating is unlikely to be of any concern, yet on CAM this user will have a very negative looking feedback red box in his ads and profile.

Another aspect of Feedback is that a user may have many many feedback but perhaps have only sold to a small number of people. A user with 30 feedback but having only dealt with 3 users on CAM isn't necessarily more highly reputed as an individual who has only 20 feedback from 20 totally different people.

What we're doing now is making a change so that the negative and neutral feedback has less of a visual impact and giving additional information on unique transactions a member has made.

% Positive Feedback: We now track your % of positive feedback, and display that in lieu of always showing the red and yellow boxes.
    Negative/Neutral Boxes: Users with higher than 90% feedback will not show the yellow or red feedback boxes in profiles or ads, as long as they have not received negative feedback in the past few months.
    Unique Feedback: When looking at a user profile or the Feedback details page, you can now see how many unique users left feedback for the user. This gives you a true sense of how many individuals the user may have had dealings with.

For the majority of users with all positive feedback the changes won't have much bearing, except when showing the Unique Feedback numbers. For those who have one or two negative feedback, the user profiles will immediately stop showing the red or yellow icons if their Feedback % is higher than 90%.

I believe this will create a more fair representation of a user's trustworthiness and reputation on the site.

Attachment:
feedback_in_ads.png
feedback_in_ads.png [ 20.53 KiB | Viewed 5335 times ]

You can see this in action in a Feedback Details page here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userfeed ... er_id=2199

And in an ad here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... condition/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:22 pm 
Manufacturer/Sponsor

8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Looks good from here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:27 pm 
Premium User

Liking it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:19 pm 

COOL!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

This was tweaked slightly recently so that the original red boxes will show if any user has had a negative feedback recently, even if their feedback % overall is very high.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:22 pm 

Every little bit helps! :D