Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 8
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Well guys I just voluntarily upgraded. $50 to support this awesome site that gives me pleasure year round, priceless!
That's a trip to the movies for two without popcorn:)
With the new format I could have stayed in the regular membership. But some months in the winter I would definitely be knocking on the door of 8 posts.
Money well spent! Thank you CAM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:17 am 
Offline
Premium User

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 63
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
I upgraded to premium to support cam July 2015

A bit confused because the ads posted this yr counter is including ads that were placed BEFORE I became a premium member
and when I was a "free" member. I don't mind supporting CAM but I think once a member upgrades , the total ads used counter should be reset to the start date of the premium membership AND NOT INCLUDE any ads used that essentially were free under the previous level of memebership

Imaging if someone upgraded in the middle of Dec and was immediately alerted that their total ads used for the yr has almost hit the limit already !

I wonder if it is better to delay renewing a premium membership and drop back to a free adds member ,waiting until January 2017 to upgrade as a premium member.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:46 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
In all business the year start January 1 and ends in December 31. Why you don't do the same here? If people exceeded they ads in last year must stay in last year. Every beginning of the year we have start with new list.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 am 
Offline
Premium User

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 63
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
then for the most part, anyone considering upgrading to premium should do it at the beginning of the year , irregardless of when they joined ?
Memberships run from when you joined , not from the beginning of the business year.
A business' fiscal cycle is usually yearly from jan to dec , memberships are from when a member joins and endures for 12 months. The $50.00 premium fee was not prorated for the remainder on my membership but was a full bang for a yr

I think CAM needs to look at this phenomena and see if it can be sorted out in a fair manner.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm
Posts: 43
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
AVguy wrote:
1) I think all references to "reasonable" pricing should be struck from the discussion. That is way too subjective, as there are many low-balling people here who think that anything more than 25% of Retail is gouging/over-pricing; there have been long threads with people arguing about this. :roll: A seller should be able to list their item for whatever they want. If you think it's too much, don't buy it.
2) If this policy stops people putting up individual ads for every single LP or CD they are trying to sell, I think that's great. They are just plugging-up the system. There's no reason why they can't make a list of the LPs and sell them in one ad.
3) Hey. Knock yourself-out and blow your limit early. Just remember to DELETE the OLD ad that you just duplicated!


I think they're way too many ads that are ripoffs. If a seller thinks an offer is too low simple solution ignore the offer. I'm tired of hearing about lowball offers all the time on this site. People are free to offer what ever price they like. I see many sellers offering items for sale at a price that is higher then being offered at dealers. Too summarize if the asking price is a rip off do not offer to buy. If the offer to buy is "low ball" just ignore it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am
Posts: 4401
Location: London, ON, CA
rsw1959 wrote:
AVguy wrote:
1) I think all references to "reasonable" pricing should be struck from the discussion. That is way too subjective, as there are many low-balling people here who think that anything more than 25% of Retail is gouging/over-pricing; there have been long threads with people arguing about this. :roll: A seller should be able to list their item for whatever they want. If you think it's too much, don't buy it.
2) If this policy stops people putting up individual ads for every single LP or CD they are trying to sell, I think that's great. They are just plugging-up the system. There's no reason why they can't make a list of the LPs and sell them in one ad.
3) Hey. Knock yourself-out and blow your limit early. Just remember to DELETE the OLD ad that you just duplicated!


I think they're way too many ads that are ripoffs. If a seller thinks an offer is too low simple solution ignore the offer. I'm tired of hearing about lowball offers all the time on this site. People are free to offer what ever price they like. I see many sellers offering items for sale at a price that is higher then being offered at dealers. Too summarize if the asking price is a rip off do not offer to buy. If the offer to buy is "low ball" just ignore it.


... or you could simply avoid replying to ads that you think "are ripoffs" ... ESPECIALLY if the seller's price is listed as "firm". Lowballing is rude, plain and simple ... and sometimes people will reply in kind.

_________________
1978 Rickenbacker 4001, 2010 Gibson Thunderbird, and Dean Fretless Basses;
1987 Guild Nightbird, 2000 Taylor 310KCE, and Godin 5th Avenue Guitars.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:18 pm
Posts: 2542
Location: GTA, ON, CA
admin wrote:

Sorry, it is strictly against the rules to list more than one software per ad unless you sell it as an entire whole. Users who post 50 single listings of 50 LPs per day are following the rules and should continue doing so. We will try to address the perception of software flooding via other means which we already have in the works.


Opps, I've been guilty of listing multiple items in one ad :oops:

But to me, it made perfect sense. I had a lot of Linn LP12 parts left over from various upgrades etc. I listed one ad stating "Linn LP12 parts/upgrades" and simply listed the parts and prices. As parts sold off, I just amended the ad.

Perhaps the loop hole was that I also included a "buy the entire lot" price which btw, someone did.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:56 pm
Posts: 1103
Location: near PETERBOROUGH, ON, CA
Hi Admin

I WAS a premium user until Dec 15th (ish). I noticed that my ads placed as a premium member are counting against my yearly tally. Does that seem correct, fair?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 am 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:15 am
Posts: 147
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Admin, please adv how can i upgrade my account from premium to premium +


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:03 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Mr.Hi-Fi wrote:
Hi Admin

I WAS a premium user until Dec 15th (ish). I noticed that my ads placed as a premium member are counting against my yearly tally. Does that seem correct, fair?


Hi Mr. Hi-Fi - that is the correct and proper behaviour of the system. The limits are a rolling 12 month counter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 am 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:12 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Alberta, AB, CA
Hi

I support the premium program.

What's the postal address for CAM? I want to mail in a cheque for March as I may be away then. Couldn't find how to contact CAM by email. I don't do PayPal.

CM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Posts: 2738
Location: Delta, BC, CA
CanadianMaestro wrote:
Hi

I support the premium program.

What's the postal address for CAM? I want to mail in a cheque for March as I may be away then. Couldn't find how to contact CAM by email. I don't do PayPal.

CM


http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/faq.php#payment

_________________
Those who live by their wits are obliged to live beyond their means.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:48 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 644
Location: edmonton, AB, CA
I like it! Keeps things nice and tidy... Just a question (and I think it's been answered) For those of us that are existing Premium users, going to + will cost us how much? Being if I was to do it tomorrow it would have been a "+" membership. Thanks for indulging my thickness...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:02 am
Posts: 175
Location: Cornwall, ON, CA
Shouldn't the total number of ads drop each month if we don't place new ads?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Waterford, ON, CA
Is it my imagination, or is there a sizeable decrease in the number of new ads? :?

I gave up the premium membership and went back to being a casual user. So far I'm finding the monthly limit of 8 ads to be a challenge. But I'm telling myself this is good for me. :P (I'm not sure if it's good for Canuck...but they seem to be doing ok)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group