Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Please be aware that new members and members with little or no feedback on AudioMart will now be required to include 2 images with every classified listing.

For ALL members: Please ensure images uploaded to ads are your own photos taken of the actual product being listed. Moderators may remove listings that contain only Press or marketing photos or photos that are not your own. Photos taken from other listings, whether on CAM or from listings on other sites are prohibited.

New members and any members with low feedback may also consider including a photo that has a small piece of paper with the date and their AudioMart username on it. This is a great way to show that you have the product in hand and dates the photo reliably. Many established buyers on CAM feel more confident when high quality, clear photos of the actual unit have been included in a listing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:36 am 

This should be required for all ads, from all members. Not just new members.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 am 
Premium User

tboe77 wrote:

Yeppers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 am 
Site Admin

I have clarified that the request to post your own photos of the actual product for sale is something we ask of all members.

For the time being, the 2 photo mimimum requirement will apply only to new users. I am aware of the split in desire between members who want to enforce photos and those who argue it is an impediment for them, and at this time we have decided to study how these changes affect things on new users first.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:29 pm 

James_W wrote:
tboe77 wrote:

Yeppers!

Absolutely!

-- 08 Dec 2015 16:33 --

admin wrote:
I have clarified that the request to post your own photos of the actual product for sale is something we ask of all members.

For the time being, the 2 photo mimimum requirement will apply only to new users. I am aware of the split in desire between members who want to enforce photos and those who argue it is an impediment for them, and at this time we have decided to study how these changes affect things on new users first.

I don't see how it could be an 'impediment', when these same individuals seemingly have the wherewithal to operate complex audio gear, navigate the Internet, and manage online payment options. It seems like more of a political statement by flat-earth luddites than an 'impediment'. I honestly can't think of ONE REASON why an ad would be more effective without photos ... or why a potential buyer would not want to see photos of the gear they are thinking of buying.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quadzilla, your opinion on the matter and the points raised are known to me and I take them into consideration when making these decisions. Thanks as usual for your comments.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:04 pm 

admin wrote:

Either way a great step in the right direction, anything that makes it harder for the scammers is good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:09 pm 

What is a low feedback member, how many feedback, do we have to have...?

Do generic picture, or some taken on the net will be accepted for a wanted add...?

How about requiring some light on the front display, not a dead unit...?

Thank you !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Good question: WANTED ads have no image requirements, if the form won't submit a WANT ad without images please report it as a bug.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:19 pm 

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:11 pm 

admin wrote:

This seems quite reasonable to me and a good working compromise. Thanks for putting such thought and consideration into your decision.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:09 pm 

Makes perfect sense.....thought I was somehow inept not knowing what amp "x" looks like as almost half the ad's don't have photo's. Seems to be innate for many to not post photos (14 out of 40 on the current amp page)...great idea but needs to be brought to the forefront.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 pm 

Maybe the requirements for a photo could be tied in to a certain price point. For example , if a person were to sell a record or cd for $10 each and he or she had 20 such items, it would be a pain to take and upload photos for each item. I would not even bother. What the price point is up for debate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:09 pm 

alcheung wrote:
Maybe the requirements for a photo could be tied in to a certain price point. For example , if a person were to sell a record or cd for $10 each and he or she had 20 such items, it would be a pain to take and upload photos for each item. I would not even bother. What the price point is up for debate.

And yet, in those categories, especially vinyl, the percentage of for sale ads with pics is extraordinarily high....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 pm 

Does this new stipulation apply to new dealers and new star users as well.
And can they be reported?
Also is there forgivness given to them because they are paying members??