Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

New Feature: Read User's Sell vs Buy Feedback

We have an new feature on Canuck Audio Mart launching today that lets you filter a user's feedback so you can see their feedback as a buyer, or their feedback as a seller.

The tabs to filter by Seller or Buyer Feedback only show up when you are logged in.

This split also allows us to indicate in your user profile items sold vs purchased.

This new information is included in any classifieds responses you get, so you know more about your potential buyer.

My Components in User Profile

We also did a small tweak to user profiles so that you can start to list your components. This is a simple text field where you can list a few of your components or your components wishlist. The list shows up in your user profile page on the site (not in the forum profile).

Reminder: The Importance of Leaving Feedback

Just a reminder that leaving Feedback for others on the site is a critical part of the CAM ecosystem that builds trust amongst users. We're here to build the best Hifi trading community in the world, and trust is a cornerstone of that. So if you are a seller please take a moment to give Feedback to your buyer, and ask them for Feedback. If you are a buyer, leave Feedback for your seller, and ask for reciprocal Feedback.

And while you are leaving Feedback, please opt to supply the final price paid for the item in the classified. We soft launched a new field in the Feedback page asking for the optional disclosure of what was paid for an item. We're using this information anonymously to build an Audio Bluebook, so please help us out!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 pm 

Excellent; that is a great addition, and making this site that much better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:39 pm 

admin wrote:
New Feature: Read User's Sell vs Buy Feedback

We have an new feature on Canuck Audio Mart launching today that lets you filter a user's feedback so you can see their feedback as a buyer, or their feedback as a seller.

The tabs to filter by Seller or Buyer Feedback only show up when you are logged in.

This split also allows us to indicate in your user profile items sold vs purchased.

This new information is included in any classifieds responses you get, so you know more about your potential buyer.

My Components in User Profile

We also did a small tweak to user profiles so that you can start to list your components. This is a simple text field where you can list a few of your components or your components wishlist. The list shows up in your user profile page on the site (not in the forum profile).

Reminder: The Importance of Leaving Feedback

Just a reminder that leaving Feedback for others on the site is a critical part of the CAM ecosystem that builds trust amongst users. We're here to build the best Hifi trading community in the world, and trust is a cornerstone of that. So if you are a seller please take a moment to give Feedback to your buyer, and ask them for Feedback. If you are a buyer, leave Feedback for your seller, and ask for reciprocal Feedback.

And while you are leaving Feedback, please opt to supply the final price paid for the item in the classified. We soft launched a new field in the Feedback page asking for the optional disclosure of what was paid for an item. We're using this information anonymously to build an Audio Bluebook, so please help us out!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:10 am 

Nice feature but I don't think it is working 100% correct. My profile shows 52 items Sold | 9 items Purchased - it should only show 3 items purchased?

Now it shows 50 items Sold | 4 items Purchased - I have a total of 55 positive feedback? I only bought three items at CAM, 2 amps and a pair of speakers. So I believe it should be 52 items sold / 3 items purchased.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, unfortunately the items count is imprecise, it is based on the number of feedback on individual classifieds. In your case, you gave feedback on a different classified than you received yet it is ultimately the same item. These types of discrepancies are unavoidable in the methodology we used to do the calculation (the previous "9" count was due to us counting generic feedback, we we should not).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:37 am 

admin wrote:
Yes, unfortunately the items count is imprecise, it is based on the number of feedback on individual classifieds. In your case, you gave feedback on a different classified than you received yet it is ultimately the same item. These types of discrepancies are unavoidable in the methodology we used to do the calculation (the previous "9" count was due to us counting generic feedback, we we should not).

I go into my profile. see details of feedback. Theres feedback as buyer, feedback as seller and Left for others. Under Left For Others, It says remind feedback for Myself?? shouldn't it say remind feedback for the (other guy) ie buyer as I was the seller.