Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

Several weeks ago we launched a few new changes that we haven't had the chance to announce until now.

My Responses update

In the classifieds section, we always showed a link to "Responses" if you had any new replies to your classifieds, we also had a way to see responses you sent to other users. We've completely redesigned how this works, modelling it after an email system so that one single place lets you find replies to your ads as well as replies you have made to other classifieds that you are interested in.

In this section you will now see an "inbox" and "sent mail" tabs, which allows you to see either what people sent in reply to your classifieds or what you sent in reply to other people's classifieds, respectively.

This is very handy especially if you have not been receiving emails 100% of the time from the site, and might also allow you to find items that you might have responded to but forgotten about.

For the Inbox, you will also tell if the response is from a user who eventually bought the item and left you feedback.

New Mark as Sold functionality

This is a new change to help you get feedback on your classifieds. If you Mark as sold from within an ad, or when editing an ad, you get a nice popup that asks you if you want to request feedback. Just enter your buyer's email, and it will send them a reminder to leave you feedback!

This new feature is great for 2 things:

• It is very easy not to mark an item as sold (you can do it from straight in the item listing)
  • It is very easy to get feedback for items you've sold. We contact the buyer and remind them to leave you feedback!

We think these new features make the site more useful and I hope they help make your lives easier on CAM/USAM.

Attachments:
mark_as_sold_request_feedback.png
mark_as_sold_request_feedback.png [ 20.78 KiB | Viewed 10467 times ]
my_responses.png
my_responses.png [ 29.49 KiB | Viewed 10467 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:03 pm 
Premium User

admin wrote:
Several weeks ago we launched a few new changes that we haven't had the chance to announce until now.

We think these new features make the site more useful and I hope they help your lives easier on CAM/USAM.

They certainly are great new features...I especially like the 'Feedback' notice to send to your buyer after an item is marked 'SOLD'.

Good work.

Thanks. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 am 
Manufacturer/Sponsor

Ishis wrote:
admin wrote:

We think these new features make the site more useful and I hope they help your lives easier on CAM/USAM.

They certainly are great new features...I especially like the 'Feedback' notice to send to your buyer after an item is marked 'SOLD'.

Good work.

Thanks. :wink:

AWESOME 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:43 pm 

Great improvements indeed!

Now we need a button to remind the SELLER to leave feedback for the buyers!
I have probably 5 or more sellers who never left me feedback on my purchases, I certainly left FB for every purchase or sale I've made on CAM.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:53 pm 
Premium User

petersch wrote:
Great improvements indeed!

Now we need a button to remind the SELLER to leave feedback for the buyers!
I have probably 5 or more sellers who never left me feedback on my purchases, I certainly left FB for every purchase or sale I've made on CAM.

If you want feedback why not simply request it...? :shock:

I never leave feedback for a buyer unless I am asked for it.

8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:03 pm 

Ishis wrote:

8)

Really, why not? I always leave and expect to receive feedback from both sides of any transaction. I admit that I normally mention leaving feedback in the e-mail correspondance with a buyer or seller but don't necessarily need to, to leave feedback. I just feel that it goes without saying, or in this case without asking. I always felt that this would be the normal mindset of anyone who buys and sells on this site but i guess I am mistaken in thinking that.

I will admit however that I have on a couple of ocassions removed feedback to a buyer or a seller that I had left after being promised that they would reciprocate and then did not. i got a little tired of leaving feedback and the other party not returning the favour. Didn't seem very fair to me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm 
Premium User

good sound wrote:
Ishis wrote:

8)

Really, why not? I always leave and expect to receive feedback from both sides of any transaction. I admit that I normally mention leaving feedback in the e-mail correspondance with a buyer or seller but don't necessarily need to, to leave feedback. I just feel that it goes without saying, or in this case without asking. I always felt that this would be the normal mindset of anyone who buys and sells on this site but i guess I am mistaken in thinking that.

I will admit however that I have on a couple of ocassions removed feedback to a buyer or a seller that I had left after being promised that they would reciprocate and then did not. i got a little tired of leaving feedback and the other party not returning the favour. Didn't seem very fair to me.

First of all I think the Protocol is that the Buyer leaves feedback first...and then the Seller can choose to leave feedback.

I don't leave feedback unless I am asked because it seems that most could care less...or if they want feedback they also want the price to be reset at $0.00...I suppose because if they resell it they don't want people to know how much they paid for it.

As a Seller...I treasure my feedback and will actually go to the extend of STALKING somebody...are you listening Dog-E-Daddy, to get it!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm 

Ishis wrote:
good sound wrote:
Ishis wrote:

8)

First of all I think the Protocol is that the Buyer leaves feedback first...and then the Seller can choose to leave feedback.

I don't leave feedback unless I am asked because it seems that most could care less...or if they want feedback they also want the price to be reset at $0.00...I suppose because if they resell it they don't want people to know how much they paid for it.

As a Seller...I treasure my feedback and will actually go to the extend of STALKING somebody...are you listening Dog-E-Daddy, to get it!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I won't argue that the general assumption is that the protocol is for the buyer to leave feedback first, and that makes some sense, but it shouldn't preclude the seller leaving feedback for the buyer unsolicited as well. I mean the buyer is part of the transaction as well is he not? There are aspects of the buyers behaviour over the course of a transaction that are important and would be of interest to sellers when a buyer responds to one of their ads, don't you think? The whole process is a series of give and take and feedback is equally warranted on both sides regardless if whether or not the buyer actually cares or not. I have always been equally interested in receiving feedback regardless of what side of the transaction I was on, buying or selling.

I certainly would never stalk another member over the leaving of feedback. There is certainly no rule, at least to my knowledge, that says a buyer has to, or is even morally obligated to, leave a seller feedback one way or another. Of course in a perfect world this would be ideal, but last time i checked this is far from a perfect world we live in.

Last edited by good sound on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm 
Premium User

good sound wrote:
I won't argue that the general assumption is that the protocol is for the seller to leave feedback first,

I think you messed that up...it is the protocol for the BUYER to leave feedback first...! :wink:

When I ask the buyer to leave me feedback because it is important to me and he promises that he will...then I make certain he honours his word! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm 

Ishis wrote:
good sound wrote:
I won't argue that the general assumption is that the protocol is for the seller to leave feedback first,

I think you messed that up...it is the protocol for the BUYER to leave feedback first...! :wink:

Yep, I messed that up. :oops:

Read what I meant, not what I wrote. :)

Last edited by good sound on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 am 

actually (imho) it should be the seller??
if the "buyer" has lived up to his part of the agreement and sent the $$ in a timely fashion I would think his part of the deal has been done. Would this not be the appropriate time to leave feedback? I mean he can not do any more regarding this deal.
I don't think the seller should wait until he gets favorable feedback to leave his---but rather the deal is dependent upon the seller (safe packing and equipment in advertised condition) at this point-the buyer upon receipt of the sale merchandise and being satisfied all is good should THEN leave positive feedback
am I wrong in this theory?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:02 pm 

whitzend wrote:
actually (imho) it should be the seller??
if the "buyer" has lived up to his part of the agreement and sent the $$ in a timely fashion I would think his part of the deal has been done. Would this not be the appropriate time to leave feedback? I mean he can not do any more regarding this deal.
I don't think the seller should wait until he gets favorable feedback to leave his---but rather the deal is dependent upon the seller (safe packing and equipment in advertised condition) at this point-the buyer upon receipt of the sale merchandise and being satisfied all is good should THEN leave positive feedback
am I wrong in this theory?

+1 agree 100%

holding feedback hostage is not cool, this is a sign to stay away from those sellers in future deals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm 

Ishis wrote:

it is the protocol for the BUYER to leave feedback first...!

i really do not understand this protocol: buyer have to leave feedback first.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 pm 
Premium User

To me it is simple.

The 'Buyer' responds to an ad from a seller...and then leaves 'feedback' as to his experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:41 pm 

admin wrote:

Great Job
I'm liking the new features too