Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that US AudioMart, the US sister site of CanuckAudioMart, is now open to the public!

This is a very exciting moment for us, so let me take a moment to tell you what USAudioMart is all about, and why we created this new sister site.

For many years, our fellow audiophiles and enthusiasts from the US have been asking for the ability to post classifieds on CAM. As all of you know, one of CAM's founding principles was to be a marketing place for Canadians, and we have tried to stay true to that spirit. However, it never felt great turning away potential classifieds of items that may be of interest to our users, and it also seemed like a good number of our users were missing out on a huge audience of potential buyers down in the US.

To solve this dilemma, we decided to expand our market place and form US AudioMart. This is a place dedicated to Americans who want the same great experience that Canadians have enjoyed on CAM for nearly a decade, with a twist - the two markets are actually intermingled, sharing the same userbase, same feedback history, and even the same pool of classifieds. How they are differentiated is in how they are intended to be used. CanuckAudioMart will continue to be restricted to postings by Canadians. US AudioMart will be restricted to postings by Americans. However, you only need one account to log into both sites, and users posting to each site can choose whether their ads may display on the other site. Conversely, visitors to CAM may opt to include USAM classifieds when they browse CAM, so long as those sellers have indicated they are willing to ship to Canada.

Effectively, this means that our friends in America can start posting classifieds RIGHT AWAY, and have their ads reach over 300,000 people who come monthly to CAM. It also means that users of CAM who prefer only to buy from Canadians aren't forced to view US classifieds.

What this means if you are Canadian

• Nothing changes if you don't want it to:
    • You can opt out of having your classifieds show up in US AudioMart by unchecking the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting (click here).
    • By default you won't see any classifieds posted by American sellers
  • Your opportunities become much bigger if you want them to:
    • Have your classifieds show up on USAudioMart automatically, by checking the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting (click here).
    • When browsing classifieds, check the checkbox that says "Show ads from Other Marts" to see classifieds posted by American sellers willing to ship to Canada.
    • You can continue to do all your replies, or classifieds postings right on CAM, even when replying to a USAM ad.

What this means if you are American

• You can finally (indirectly) post on CanuckAudioMart!:
    • Log into USAudioMart with your regular account. Edit your profile and make sure you check the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting.
    • Post your classifieds on USAudioMart, and Canadians browsing on CAM will automatically see the classifieds if they wish.
    • You can continue to browse classifieds right on CAM itself, or you can do so on USAM. All classifieds showing up on USAM will be from sellers/buyers with the intent to ship to the US.
  • You have another new home to sell your audio/video goods!
    • List your classifieds on US AudioMart and immediately access an audience of over 300,000 audiophiles who visit every month.
    • Postings are completely free for casual users and hobbyists
    • Trust in our community of reputable buyers/sellers. Unlike other sites just starting up, we have a host of users who have already earned trust and reputation via feedback from their transactions on CAM.

Key Features: a summary
To summarize, here are the key features of CanuckAudioMart and US AudioMart:

• Use the same account on both sites.
  • Retain your feedback on both sites, whether someone buys from USAM or CAM, if they leave you feedback it is part of your account on both sites!
  • Hobbyists and casual users can post for FREE.
  • Have your classifieds show up to all North Americans, or only to those in your own country
  • Visit USAudioMart if you only want to see American ads, visit CanuckAudioMart if you only want to see Canadian ads, or visit EITHER site if you want to see all classfieds willing to ship to that respective country.

We're really excited by this new site launch, and we hope you are too. If you have friends, family, or "online acquaintances" in the US who are interested in the hobby, help us spread the word! We feel we have a really special setup that will ultimately lead to a great and useful alternative to the other classifieds sites out there, but we need YOUR help to make it a reality.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm 

[quote="admin"]Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that [size=150][b][url=http://www.usaudiomart.com/]US AudioMart[/url][/b][/size], the US sister site of CanuckAudioMart, is now open to the public!

This is a very exciting moment for us, so let me take a moment to tell you what USAudioMart is all about, and why we created this new sister site.

For many years, our fellow audiophiles and enthusiasts from the US have been asking for the ability to post classifieds on CAM. As all of you know, one of CAM's founding principles was to be a marketing place for Canadians, and we have tried to stay true to that spirit. However, it never felt great turning away potential classifieds of items that may be of interest to our users, and it also seemed like a good number of our users were missing out on a huge audience of potential buyers down in the US.

To solve this dilemma, we decided to expand our market place and form US AudioMart. This is a place dedicated to Americans who want the same great experience that Canadians have enjoyed on CAM for nearly a decade, with a twist - the two markets are actually intermingled, sharing the same userbase, same feedback history, and even the same pool of classifieds. How they are differentiated is in how they are intended to be used. CanuckAudioMart will continue to be restricted to postings by Canadians. US AudioMart will be restricted to postings by Americans. However, you only need one account to log into both sites, and users posting to each site can choose whether their ads may display on the other site. Conversely, visitors to CAM may opt to include USAM classifieds when they browse CAM, so long as those sellers have indicated they are willing to ship to Canada.

Effectively, this means that our friends in America can start posting classifieds RIGHT AWAY, and have their ads reach over 300,000 people who come monthly to CAM. It also means that users of CAM who prefer only to buy from Canadians aren't forced to view US classifieds.

[b]What this means if you are Canadian[/b]

[list]
[*] [b]Nothing changes if you don't want it to:[/b]
[list]
[*] You can opt out of having your classifieds show up in US AudioMart by unchecking the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting ([url=http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/edit_profile.php]click here[/url]).
[*] By default you won't see any classifieds posted by American sellers[/list]
[*] [b]Your opportunities become much bigger if you want them to:[/b]
[list]
[*] Have your classifieds show up on USAudioMart automatically, by checking the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting ([url=http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/edit_profile.php]click here[/url]).
[*] When browsing classifieds, check the checkbox that says "Show ads from Other Marts" to see classifieds posted by American sellers willing to ship to Canada.
[*] You can continue to do all your replies, or classifieds postings right on CAM, even when replying to a USAM ad.[/list][/list]

[b]What this means if you are American[/b]

[list]
[*] [b]You can finally (indirectly) post on CanuckAudioMart!:[/b]
[list]
[*] Log into [url=http://www.usaudiomart.com]USAudioMart[/url] with your regular account. Edit your profile and make sure you check the "US" option in your "Countries you will ship to " setting.
[*] Post your classifieds on USAudioMart, and Canadians browsing on CAM will automatically see the classifieds if they wish.
[*] You can continue to browse classifieds right on CAM itself, or you can do so on USAM. All classifieds showing up on USAM will be from sellers/buyers with the intent to ship to the US.[/list]
[*] [b]You have another new home to sell your audio/video goods![/b]
[list]
[*] List your classifieds on US AudioMart and immediately access an audience of over 300,000 audiophiles who visit every month.
[*] Postings are completely free for casual users and hobbyists
[*] Trust in our community of reputable buyers/sellers. Unlike other sites just starting up, we have a host of users who have already earned trust and reputation via feedback from their transactions on CAM.[/list][/list]

[b]Key Features: a summary[/b]
To summarize, here are the key features of CanuckAudioMart and US AudioMart:

[list]
[*] Use the same account on both sites.
[*] Retain your feedback on both sites, whether someone buys from USAM or CAM, if they leave you feedback it is part of your account on both sites!
[*] Hobbyists and casual users can post for FREE.
[*] Have your classifieds show up to all North Americans, or only to those in your own country
[*] Visit USAudioMart if you only want to see American ads, visit CanuckAudioMart if you only want to see Canadian ads, or visit EITHER site if you want to see all classfieds willing to ship to that respective country.[/list]

We're really excited by this new site launch, and we hope you are too. If you have friends, family, or "online acquaintances" in the US who are interested in the hobby, help us spread the word! We feel we have a really special setup that will ultimately lead to a great and useful alternative to the other classifieds sites out there, but we need YOUR help to make it a reality.[/quote]

Saw that, right on admins!!!
cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm 

Excellent news! A+ Thank you to our Admin and moderators!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 pm 

[quote="tracerec"]Excellent news! A+ Thank you to our Admin and moderators![/quote]
I second that! Great idea and it seemed inevitable right? Between CAM and US AM as it were, lots of choices.

Canada, home of the finest audio. Hell, we are knee deep in snow half the time (except for last winter), what else is there to do but listen to fine audio playing great music. :) Ok, some of the finest audio like Bryston and much more. We should have open boarders when it comes to great sound and music! Congrats to CAM-

I think between the USA and Canada, we can all forget the hell that is surround sound and focus on what's right-STEREO. Come on every beat box, I hate closing threads like this.. I can't wait to find some dude whose selling that component I'm after..and he lives in Oregon or some other state that calls the Pacific a wading pool or a great source of three eyed fish (re: the whole Japan tsunami thing..).

Last edited by Musicware4u on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm 

Congrats on the launching of the new site, Im sure it will be equally suc
cesfull!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm 

A big congrats on the launch of USAM.

Just one question, will the forums be mixed or separated by each site?

Cheers,

Edited: I See the post counts are zero so they are indeed separated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 am 

How do I make my already existing ads on CAM show up on the American site? Do I need to realist or is there a check box that I missed somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am 

nice move, idea on the US site. Hope it does very well for you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am 

[quote="tkubon"]How do I make my already existing ads on CAM show up on the American site? Do I need to realist or is there a check box that I missed somewhere?[/quote]

If I understood things correctly, You can't. Only folks from the U.S can post on the U.S. site and only Canadians can post on CAM.

However the folks from U.S can respond to your ads if you're willing to ship to the U.S; just leave the Countries you will ship to option checked for shipping to U.S on your profile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm 

[quote="tkubon"]How do I make my already existing ads on CAM show up on the American site? Do I need to realist or is there a check box that I missed somewhere?[/quote]

It looks like all of the CAM ads are already posted on USAM. http://www.usaudiomart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm 

[quote="2channelrules"][quote="tkubon"]How do I make my already existing ads on CAM show up on the American site? Do I need to realist or is there a check box that I missed somewhere?[/quote]

It looks like all of the CAM ads are already posted on USAM. http://www.usaudiomart.com/[/quote]

So it is, I don't understand it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 pm 

[quote="admin"]Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that [size=150][b][url=http://www.usaudiomart.com/]US AudioMart[/url][/b][/size], the US sister site of CanuckAudioMart, is now open to the public![/quote]

*** Now here we have folks who really care about audiophiles in North America.
*** Thank you very much for being the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 pm 

How do I only get the Canadian ads to show up on the front page? I changed my settings to will ship to Canada only but I still see all the american ads.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 am 

Burnt wrote:
How do I only get the Canadian ads to show up on the front page? I changed my settings to will ship to Canada only but I still see all the american ads.

Hi, thanks for letting us know. It wasn't intentional and it's now fixed. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:36 pm 

catherinek wrote:
Burnt wrote:

Hi, thanks for letting us know. It wasn't intentional and it's now fixed. :)

That's much better now, thanks.