Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:19 am 

I just posted an ad, but many of the pictures I tried to attach appeared upside-down.

When I edited the pictures and used upside-down versions of them instead, wouldn't you know it but they remained inverted when I uploaded them.

I finally 'fooled' the system into posting one right-side-up image which was previously displayed the wrong way up, by posting regular AND upside-down versions at the same time, and then deleting the one that was still upside-down.

However, trying the same thing with all the other images just resulted in every image displaying upside-down (whether the originals were right side up or not).

Due to this issue I was unable to upload half the pictures in the correct orientation, so I had to delete them from the ad.

I can provide more tech details to the admins if it helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:36 am 

I assume u used your cell phone?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:55 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
I assume u used your cell phone?

More specifically, if your are using an iPhone or iPad make sure you take the picture with the home button on the right.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 am 

Using a tablet.

These are pictures that have been saved on my device for months; I've previously used all the same pics here on CAM without issues.

I've seen this weird photo-inverting issue almost every time I've posted something on Kijiji.

But in all my years using CAM this is the first time I've seen the issue on this site. Maybe it's related to recent backend changes, if there were any?

Paging the admins for some input here! I could have used the 'Report Ad' form directly on the ad page, but wanted to bring it up in public in case the issue is more widespread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm 

Retro Audio wrote:
Using a tablet.

These are pictures that have been saved on my device for months; I've previously used all the same pics here on CAM without issues.

I've seen this weird photo-inverting issue almost every time I've posted something on Kijiji.

But in all my years using CAM this is the first time I've seen the issue on this site. Maybe it's related to recent backend changes, if there were any?

Paging the admins for some input here! I could have used the 'Report Ad' form directly on the ad page, but wanted to bring it up in public in case the issue is more widespread.

Without knowing exactly what software or app u r using, my guess is that your pics R upside down. Many apps don't really rotate the image just ad code to display it rotated, this info only exist on your device, the file is in fact not rotated. Use Photoshop or similar and rotate AND save the file after.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:56 pm 

Bandy wrote:
Retro Audio wrote:
Using a tablet.

Without knowing exactly what software or app u r using, my guess is that your pics R upside down. Many apps don't really rotate the image just ad code to display it rotated, this info only exist on your device, the file is in fact not rotated. Use Photoshop or similar and rotate AND save the file after.

Did you actually read what you quoted?

"These are pictures that have been saved on my device for months; I've previously used all the same pics here on CAM without issues."

Meaning, I've previously posted these exact pictures on this site. Not upside down. Never were upside down. Taken in the same orientation as every other picture I've ever posted here, or anywhere else (except Kijiji), without them ever displaying inverted until this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 pm 

I had similar issues lately too. Uploading the pictures individually rather than Ctrl+select corrected the problem but was more time consuming.
Running Windows 7 and Chrome fwiw.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Retro Audio and Michael F, could you please send your photos as attachments to sales@canuckaudiomart.com with an email subject "Photos for Admin to debug"?

I'd like to take a look at them.

Also, just to double check, did either of you rotate your photos using any apps before uploading? CAM auto orients photos using the orientation data saved by your camera and many apps that rotate photos will damage that info, which causes the photos to appear the wrong side up when uploaded. The best situation is to upload the photos straight from your device. If that's what you are already doing please send us the photos to sales@canuckaudiomart.com account and I'll test them out.

Also, when uploading, do you "drag and drop" the photos to the uploader or do you click orange File Upload button?